LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A poll about discretion...

MixerOp

Discretion   

334 members have voted

1. 1. Who all have you told about your diaper lifestyle/ AB lifestyle?

• Parents
    • Siblings
    • Spouse
    • Current Love Interests
    • Past Love Interests
    • Any Children You Might Have
    • Any Platonic Female Friends
    • Any Platonic Male Friends
    • Any Coworkers
    • Any Classmates
    • Someone Else
    • Complete Strangers
  2. 2. How do you feel about those people knowing?

• I'm Free - I feel liberated not holding back the secrets.
    • So so - I'm okay with some of the people knowing, but some of the people I shouldn't have let know.
    • Mortified - I told a person or a few people and wished to heaven I hadn't said anything to anyone.
    • Secret - Outside of this group of people, nobody in my life knows, and I'm keeping that way, for now.

Aside from other AB/DL's who I've interacted with, I've told my girlfriend, a handful of friends, and similar people who I trust with this information. My girlfriend was told because I was dating her, but in all other situations it was precisely because I wanted to deal with this in a way where I was in control of the situation, and not in a way where a friend could potentially see something, get the wrong idea, and start asking questions with a bias behind them. Somewhat surprisingly, all of the reactions I received were largely positive, with only one or two friends actually going "eww," but adding that they didn't see any harm in it. If any of those friends wanted to use my interest in diapers to try and destroy my life/reputation, I have plenty of information about them that could be used to do the same thing which serves as a way to deter anyone from doing anything stupid.

I don't feel that my parents need to know, but I wouldn't be surprised if my father figured things out and just hasn't said anything. (And if he does, I'll happily bring up the stuff I know he's into and we can both feel miserable and awkward.) My mother probably doesn't have a clue about any of this though and I want to keep it that way since her finding out would just lead to her mouth running needlessly about the subject. I also see no reason to inform my sibling since I don't see a benefit to doing so, and would prefer that my family know as little as possible.

The first person I told was my old girl friend who couldn't figure out what I found was so interesting about the HSX forums on compuserve (the first online community I discovered).

Never told anyone and don't plan to. I work with young children and can't risk what people would think because with this topic, people jump to the wrong conclusions.

My older brother knew because we shared the same room until our late teens and I remember telling him that I liked "rubbers and diapers'" when I was only at the innocent age of three.

Even though I was a bed-wetter until the age of 13, I didn't have diapers for protection.

Parents know. Shouldn't have told them, now it's a major bone of contention if they ever wander into my room unannounced (which they shouldn't, I'm an adult paying some of my own rent).

Ex-girlfriend knows, but she's AB so it's not a big ish.

Current partner knows, and is cordially uninterested.

Couple of vanilla friends know because I had to change in their bathrooms.

• 1 month later...

I've been a DL for as long as I can remember! I only wore when my wife was gone! I felt fairly guilty a bout sneaking around! I told her that I wear diapers whenever I feel real stressed! That was about 12 years ago! She didn't want to participate in any way, but hey if it made me happy go for it! My habits didn't change the only thing that changed was I didn't have to sneak around any more! My diapers I had hidden in a suitcase in another room got released and put into a dresser in our

Parents and ex-girlfriend.

I don't feel great about my parents knowing but it's better than having to still sneak around.

I'm fine with my ex-girlfriend knowing - she's AB, that's why we dated (the lack of other compatibility was why we broke up).

Pretty much all of my friends know, and anyone I spend any real time with other than my family who I've never addressed it with, they just refer to me regressing as letting my 'crazy' out (we call it the family madness I just never came out and said this is what I am to them, obviously I don't tell them about nappies or stuff like that). My friends know because I regress pretty easily and I'm kind of bad at hiding it but they are all really open and cool with it. Plus they like that they have someone to go watch kids films with, or play at the park (when it's not busy I don't steal swings from kids...) or just have childish days with. We'll all sit around with stuffed toys and watch disney or cartoons and play with lego and colour in or paint or do sticker books or bake, they find it pretty therapeutic.
I even have some friends that enjoy playing the designated adult for a day. To be honest it probably helps that I just always kind of accepted that I'm this way but I never knew what it was called so I never really felt like I had anything to hide. Just thought I was a bit odd then when I found out it was a thing me and my best friend made jokes about coming out the toy box. No one seems to really mind as long as I'm happy and still paying my bills.
Of course I wouldn't force it down anyones throat, I wouldn't exactly go out wearing obviously AB attire outside or anything, I do have cute dresses that are outside appropriate though.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hard one to answer. My best friend, Sister, both her kids, her ex-bf and his kids, my sisters best friend and her oldest boy, Mother, and mothers BF, Grandmother and one Uncle, know I wear diapers (But not that I'm a DL), but I also wear them for partial need (Stage 3 'roids and IBS which causes me to have real accidents).Well, and of course everyone on DD :), Aside from that a total secret, hush hush... yeah... ok.. and a couple co-workers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Aside from people on the site, I only really tell people who NEED to know, like potential romantic endeavors, my doctor and so on. I don't tell most of my friends, and none of my