LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Are we being gouged?

billy1234

I have been looking around this afternoon for pretty summer dresses as we are expecting a heatwave and I only have one summer dress.

I absolutely love some of the dresses I have seen, there is so much choice out there when you get looking but here's the hitch:

Probably because a lot of it is hand made I guess, or at least it is so niche and sells in such a small amount that prices have to be high to make a profit on it.

I guess somewhat Elf, but it has been my experience over the last thirty years in this community that most are just taking advantage of us. I mean look on Ebay for what DD sells on his site. The prices are vastly different. And I am sure DD has got to be making a profit, however small. Luckily by my size being smaller and knowledge I have learned to buy used woman's or girls stuff off Ebay at a fraction of the cost of even store new. Then by my skills learned, modify them to toddler wear at a huge savings in most aspects. I see all to often on here posts like the OP. The simple thing is a used sewing machine would be the best investment towards having a complete Layette and wardrobe. Learning to sew is easy, and free classes are probably available in most towns.

Edited by Repaid1
  • 3 weeks later...

I simply disagree. When you sell anything on a smaller scale it costs more. No one is getting rich selling ABDL stuff I assure you. Like any business there are over priced stores and cheaper ones. I find AB Universe and Big Tots the best priced and use them more often then say Armour Diapers which are priced way higher with shipping.

I know they aren't "monopolies" per say, but they are big enough and have cornered the market in a lot of areas. And yes, I NEED a good internet connection for our school and work which has to get done at home (in addition to requiring a fast connection for the online gaming I want). I also NEED to fly to and from various cities (driving takes more time than I'm allowed), again for work and personal reasons. Then of course there is the need to drive to work to make those paychecks so I can eat and live. Mass transport isn't available in a way that would allow me to get to and from my home and work. Nor could I ride a bike or walk for that distance due to my disability.

• 3 months later...

The simple answer is, "yes, there is gouging", but life (and buying AB/DL/Sissie stuff) never is.

If a dress costs $20.00 (sorry, no currency pound sign on my American keyboard) it is that price because it was manufactured in large quantities, so the cost to make it was lower than a similar dress made one or just a dozen at a time.

• 2 weeks later...

My ex used to do a lot of sewing, and it can be expensive to make things by hand. Plus most sissy dresses use a lot of fabric, lace, ribbon, etc. Good quality fabric like that isn't cheap!