LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The quest for a better night's sleep

Firstly, I should put my cards on the table. I've been a long-term diaper lover, and while I've not had any medical need to wear, my bladder seems to be a lot more sensitive to liquid than it used to be. I only wear very occasionally - perhaps only a few times a year at most.

Thanks John... If I wasn't feeling so tired, it probably wouldn't be as much of an issue. I get into the loop of waking up, not being able to get back to sleep and then being angry at myself for not falling asleep. I can often be awake for an hour or more after getting up to pee.

What I have is a series of night lights that give off a low blue light these light my way through my house, they are led barely use any power, they also shut themselves off with a sensor during the daylight hours.

I used to wake many times to get up to pee, pretty much all my adult years. I got pretty good at half-waking while using the toilet but it still ruined my sleep :( It took me about a year to get completely used to peeing in diapers in bed but now I hardly wake to do that at all, and I can count on a good night's rest almost every night (until my insomnia cycle resets :bash: )

Firstly, I should put my cards on the table. I've been a long-term diaper lover, and while I've not had any medical need to wear, my bladder seems to be a lot more sensitive to liquid than it used to be. I only wear very occasionally - perhaps only a few times a year at most.

This is incorrect. There a LOTS of studies that clearly show blue light helps a person to wake us (much like the blue daylight). This works by disrupting the melatonin in your eyes, which will otherwise help you sleep. Red (being the opposite end of the spectrum) does not disrupt that melatonin so it's easier to fall back asleep.

To be honest I don't think urologists really care. They treat the symptoms of incontinence. How you manage it is up to you. My urologist never once mentioned how I was going to manage the problem once it had been decided it was likely to be permanent. This was left to the continence nurse. Mine is very practical and wouldn't be in the slightest bothered. She always says do what works best for you.

I am uncomfortable long before having to find a toilet. In the daytime, it's a minor annoyance. At night, it keeps me awake, and after getting up I can't sleep again. Wearing diaps to bed I certainly get a better night's sleep, and my daytime blood pressure is a few tics lower. Started with the diaps for other reasons, but the discovery that my sleep is greatly improved has kept me coming back nearly every night. I think there's a hormone connection involving vasopressin but I am not expert enough to give a coherent hypothesis. Read somewhere that vasopressin is 'a reliable inducer of anxiety'. May have to do with not having a full bladder much or at all, or having less water to reabsorb due to excreting more. Or, not turning the lights on. I dunno. As far as anxiety, I think I am calmer and happier overall. (Neurotic anxiety has been a lifelong problem.) Problems I have experienced are greater frequency and urgency mainly in the morning, and have not been able to completely shower away the odor. Could use some hints if anyone has any.

5/4/15 - About odor. Yes, I can imagine the hotter and longer the better. Urine has substances that are dissolved in water, not such a stretch to believe these can dissolve in skin, and would take time and flushing with water to remove. Maybe soaking in a hot bath would be the best thing, though that might spread it everywhere :o

Further edit about odor: Am doing the following now. As soon as I wake up, I remove the diap, get in the shower soap up w/ washcloth real well, rinse off. Then, out of the shower, I soap up again and let it stand. Go about my morning routine. Then, before leaving, the full shower, soap up and rinse off down there again. Seems to be a definite improvement. Maybe worries about smells are past.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also 37 and I been a diaper lover for many years, mostly wear for convenience. I been wearing almost 24/7 since 2009. I've noticed it's been harder to hold my pee longer. Also that it's much easier for me to wear a diaper to bed rather then get up to pee, as I've always had a hard time getting back to sleep. a few years back I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and I been using a cpap machine since 2013.since then I noticed an increase in actual bedwettings, where I'd wake up in a wet diaper with no memory of doing it. This happens to me now like 2 to 6 times a month. I've come to the conclusion that it's just way easier to use diapers every night and get better sleep.

I have urinary urgency from small fiber neuropathy.

Plus have a bad back.

And am a diabetic so i have to go 2 to 3 times a night. Like others here i have trouble getting back to sleep if i get up to go.

I also use a c-pap and have to unhook from it.

I just find wearing a diaper the best way to handle having to go at night.

If you like nappies, and can sleep OK in them (don't give up if you take a while to get used to it) and have to get up in the night even occasionally, I can't see a good reason not to wear them to bed! Agree with the previous poster in terms of rolling onto your back, make sure you're "pointing downwards" if male, and just let it go and go back to sleep. Couldn't be easier... if you don't want to risk being "conditioned" to semi-conscious bedwetting, then perhaps have the occasional night off from wearing.