LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

McDonalds - Avoid Them!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an FYI. I stopped the other morning at McDonalds for a breakfast sandwich and asked for Mayonnaise on it. Low and behold, they charged me an extra .30 for that Mayonnaise! You believe that? Nothing like that has ever happened to me before at any fast food place. I mentioned my experience to a friend and he said he went to a local McDonalds himself (about 20 miles away from this one) and asked for a glass of water with his meal. They said it would be $1.00 extra! He told them he didn't want bottled water, just a glass of tap water. They said it was still a charge of a dollar for it. He was so mad he walked right out. WTF? Is this what McDonalds has come to now? Charging people for water and the condiments they put on your sandwich? I contacted McDonalds at the corporate level, they sent me an apologetic e-mail saying they have contacted the franchise owner and passed along my concerns. Big Deal. They made it sound like it was all the decision of the franchise owner and there wasn't anything they could do about it. Last night I get a call from the resteraunt manager that I had stopped at apologizing and telling me it's the rules of the McDonalds Corporation and not the franchise owner! She told me they get their registers pre-programmed by the McDonalds corporation with all the prices already set. Now, I don't know if that is true or which side to believe, but I can tell you it is totally nuts to charge extra for a glass of water or the condiments for your sandwich! Tomatoes, Cheese, yes! Mayonnaise and water? Are they Nucking Futs? I will be posting my experience and displeasure on every social media site I can think of. I can tell you as well, McDonalds is off my list of places to eat just on principal! I can't imagine their extra .30 for mayonnaise will make up for the profit they are loosing from the bad will among their customers (former customers) for these policies that nickel and dime everyone. Avoid McDonalds and eat at Wendy's, Burger King or even Taco Bell, anywhere that doesn't charge you extra for a glass of tap water or a condiment for your sandwich.

Can't be corporate policy, as no McDonald's around here charges extra for mayo. We have a mix of franchise and corporate run stores here.

back in the day (25 yrs ago) when I worked in such places we were told that technically we had to charge extra for pickles, etc - though the only thing we ever did was cheese.

Honestly, I really don't see the big deal about charging more for extra sauces. It costs McDonalds money to provide you with mayo after all. ... most restaurants ask for a few cents more if you want something extra on it. it's not that weird. Try asking for extra cheese or bacon or anything really anywhere else. I used to pay 30 cents to get lava sauce on ALL THE THINGS back when Taco Bell served that.

The issue is it offends the sense of value - charging a quarter for a fraction of a penny worth of mayo or $1 for a glass that costs a couple cents even with all the water you can drink...

As an avid business professionalism and ethics enthusiast and an accountant I really want to put my $0.02 in this...