LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Interacting With Underage members

Lets just agree that when we see someone underage we report it andstop looking like jack assess in here

I thought this was the one thing that we actually all had agreed on since it's pretty much a requirement for anyone who wants to stay here. The debate has been over whether or not this is the best policy for the site, and whether or not underage members need a place like this where they can gather, not whether or not we're going to follow the rules. LittleLorelei didn't see that the member was underage, and other people have mentioned that the age field doesn't show in the mobile version of the site, or I'm sure she would have hit the report button. As far as giving minors a place where they can meet and discuss TB/DL related things, Stanley's site looks like it's filling the void left by ADISC, so I think Dill_Pickle's idea to include it in the "underage" link is a good idea.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this was the one thing that we actually all had agreed on since it's pretty much a requirement for anyone who wants to stay here. The debate has been over whether or not this is the best policy for the site, and whether or not underage members need a place like this where they can gather, not whether or not we're going to follow the rules. LittleLorelei didn't see that the member was underage, and other people have mentioned that the age field doesn't show in the mobile version of the site, or I'm sure she would have hit the report button. As far as giving minors a place where they can meet and discuss TB/DL related things, Stanley's site looks like it's filling the void left by ADISC, so I think Dill_Pickle's idea to include it in the "underage" link is a good idea.

Why didn't the forum software autoban them when they input their age as 17? Also: ages definitely dont show up for me on mobile. Whoever had that must be browsing in desktop mode due to the size of their tablet.

Why didn't the forum software autoban them when they input their age as 17?

That's actually a good question. I can think of two possible reasons why, but I'm sure there are others. The first is that the forum software DD uses isn't designed strictly for adult sites, and the age field isn't tied to an actual date of birth. As far as I can tell, it's just a customized optional field, not one that's necessarily tied to the board's functionality. Although I think a birthday is required when you sign up, to my knowledge it's not designed to automatically reject anyone, and I'm not sure if it's something that could be customized. Theoretically it should be possible to use the age field to ban anyone under the age of 17, but the coding might not be easy. The second possibility is that Mikey intentionally prevents the age field from automatically rejecting someone who inputs an age below 18 so that they don't just change their age to 18 or higher and sign up anyway. One way DD supposedly catches minors and removes them is when they put their real age in the real age field. Outside of someone eventually admitting they're underage to someone here, this is the only way for DD to determine that someone's a minor.

The reason is like was suggested above, we do periodically have the ability to run a "purge" filter to filter out the underagers. But our members and or Mods here inundate us daily with reports of the ones who list underage so it's not run as a daily or weekly thing on the schedule. We have a Actual mod who does routinely daily, search the new members log to find them. If they go into chat the Mods there do it, and the Admin mods check people out that post as new members. It's not perfect, but we tend to catch them at about 90% in the door. 5% that things don't add up. About 2% because they end up outing themsleves...we do check social media against emails and such.

Another thing you might check is multiple accounts. Fro example, in the "Birthdays" secion I will see very similar names. e.g. "brooklyn_boss128" and "brooklyn_boss352" and both will be turning the same age. What are the odds of that happening by chance?

Often I see that birthday thing... I click on them but when I see neither account as been online for years (as is usually the case) I just leave it rather than presenting more work to the admins!

Another thing you might check is multiple accounts. Fro example, in the "Birthdays" secion I will see very similar names. e.g. "brooklyn_boss128" and "brooklyn_boss352" and both will be turning the same age. What are the odds of that happening by chance?

We have a on board, and some of us run separate Advance IP tracking software that shows us those quicker ;). It's not that you have to worry that "Big Brother" is watching around here....Better be worried about your "Baby Brother" :P

We have a on board, and some of us run separate Advance IP tracking software that shows us those quicker ;). It's not that you have to worry that "Big Brother" is watching around here....Better be worried about your "Baby Brother" :P

Well, as long as it is NOT Old Mother Witch: At least she always knows what time it is

Besides which, being Fairy, I need not worry about any brothers. Also because Fairies are exceedingly long-lived, there tends to be only one child at a time

The most computer/web saavy AND the most computer/web stupid are found in the younger age group :whistling: Some of our most highly regarded members let it be known years after the fact that the joined as minors :o Oh well, at that point there's no point in doing anything about it :rolleyes: It may not happen instantly but we do find most minors fairly fast and that's good enough for us to remain legal :D