LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Two Nations Divided By a Common Language

"Alice" is one of the major LG images. However, thiat is UK-based. Now it has been my experience that we have different names for things, I mostly use the UK when I can. I call a "headband" an "Alice band" and a "jumper" a "pinafore dress", the UK terms sound classier

Now, I do not have a full nowledge of UD terms, like "plimsoll" and probably most others

Let us use this thread as a US-UK, UK-US LG translation dictionary

I would not be averse to adding French to the mix. It too has a certain <em>je ne sei quois</em>

I know lots of US/UK words because I've spent my life split between the two countries, but I am struggling to come up with any LG specific words. When reading your post my only thought was that it's confusing how in the UK a "jumper" is a "sweater."

You did all right

I also know that

US Crib = UK cot

US pacifier = UK dummy

US carriage = UK Pram

US plastic or rubber panties = UK rubbers

US snaps = UK poppers

US diaper = UK nappy

If you live on the east coast of the US or in a 'ghetto' area, another word for Barrettes are 'hair pretties'.

Good idea including crib/cot even if it isn't LG. I get very confused when trying to differentiate the two ways of English. (Where I live we call it American insects of English, :))

Ah crib and cot, that's a good one. So is carriage and pram. I was thinking more of clothing and hairstyles for some reason.

In the UK babygro seems to be a common word for baby onesies.

US candy = UK sweets / sweeties

US sucker = UK lolly

US popsicle = UK ice lolly

US cookies = UK biscuits

(Kind of random but are things I can imagine LGs eating haha)

"Buggy" and "pushchair" are words that I've only ever heard in the UK but I'm not sure if they are only used here or not. I only ever heard "stroller" used in the US. Some UK stores seem to list all of these as different product types.

While used, "sucker" is uncommon in the US, we usually call it "lollipop"

Oh, we always called them suckers. Maybe it was a California thing, or maybe even just my city or school. *shrug*

It's a west coast thing. I lived in California, but here in NY nobody says that and look at you funny if you do.

In response to the food ones, I may not be correct, but I believe this is true.

US Otter Pop = UK Freezie

I don't know about that one. I know a lot of people who don't know what an Otter Pop is. Otter Pop is a specific brand of freezer pop (another more commonly known brand is Flavor Ice) but generally I hear them referred to as freezer pops. No one calls them Otter Pops unless they're buying that specific brand.

We have not yet heard from our absolute authority on things UKLG

In the US knickers were boys shorts worn toddler to grade school age aka "knee pants" early last century

In the UK, would a flush john be called "water loo"?

Which led me to add a fourth verse to this song

That goes:

Now in England, one time I chanced to be

And I had to go take a wicked pee

but there weren't not a dang flush john in sight

So I started askin' people left and right

Water loo, water loo? Where can I find a water loo

cuz this puppy has to go so dang bad and wants to know

Can you tell me where to find a water loo?