LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Telling your friends/family of your incontinence/diaper wearing?

Sometimes, it can be helpful to a person to "destress" their maladies. Some speech therapists, for example, will sometimes tell people who stutter to make it a point to tell people that they stutter when they meet new people. So, yeah, I can totally see how telling people would make incon easier to go though!

I make a point of telling anyone that I'm going to be around a lot about my incontinence but usually throw it with all my other medical problems (obviously disabled to look at) and encourage them to ask any questions as it better to explain to them then have them making up stuff in their heads

• 4 months later...

Only my wife knows that I have recently began wetting my bed. And it took me a week and a half to tell her, we sleep opposite each other I'm a third shifter and sleep in the dayshe has a normal times at night.

Telling your family is a good idea so you do t get the why didn't you tell me, friends and people at work is another matter if you wear 24/7 and need to change often or use your diaper for other then pee then it might be best to tell them ahead of time if you spend a lot of time together.

When we visit my sister inlaw and my wife and I head up for anap my sister inlaw brings in a towel for me to sleep,on as a just incase :)

Every one I have told has been supportive and understanding I have decided on diapers and not the meds they researched them right after I told them and when I let my brother know he was looking up OAB on Google juring the call

Most people will understand and be supportive but the ones who don't nothing you can do about it they would have found out any ways at some point in time it might as well be on your timing not your bladders :)

Knowing I couldn't "hide" them I let my close family know I wear them. Though I said mostly to prevent accidents (partially true), I do have occasional accidents, usually a little trickle or when I have bad gas which tends to eventually not be gas (I can't tell the difference), so now its a security thing, yes, I do like wearing them, but knowing I could have a real accident I'm glad I do wear diapers for those situations.

Also one of my co-workers knows, as he saw my "spare" one day so I brought it up, he didn't think anything of it really. Usually only tell people on a need to know basis.

Like the above, I see this as best dealt with on a "need to know" basis, but I don't volunteer the information up-front because not everyone is going to notice and if they don't notice, then they don't need to know ;) If the issue does come up then I can handle it and I will B) So far it hasn't become an issue but I'm pretty certain that several people know. It's not a problem and I'm not going to make it into one for them or me.

Best advice for almost any issue.

Don't voluntarily give out any personal information.

If someone notices, and inquiries about it, then tell them the story.

Most of the time, no one will notice.

Those that do notice, only a small fraction will ask about it. The rest don't care what you do.

When I am aware of someone with a medical issue, I go talk to them and ask if they would tell me about their condition.

Nearly everyone is happy to explain their situation and generally comment that very few ever ask.

Recently saw a lady with glasses that had one lens not clear.

Unusual, turns out she had double vision, and one lens had scotch tape on it so she only saw one image.

Make respectful inquiries and broaden your knowledge.