LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Plastic pants with wide elastics

Back in those days Sears Roebuck, Montgomery Wards, Spiegel catalogs were mothers saviours

for baby pants and trainers.

Somewhere DailyDi has pictures of Sears Roebuck catalog pages with the whole layette from the late 1950's and beyond. I got them either myself or from others here and sent them in to him with the idea that they would go in the Diaper Museum

Well, in one of the early 40's, I think '43, Disney cartoons, I one of the characters, I think it was Goofy; I have not seen it in over a half-centruy, became a father and the subject of changing came up and "rubber pants" were specifically referenced and shown with a audio-visual joke about stretching. And from the first I can remember of such matters, they were in just about universal use (I do not know of any cases where they were not used with babies for about 65 years)

Does anyone remember the quilted plastic lap pads, about 2-1/2" square that were one color on one side and another on the other, I have seen pink and blue, pink and white and yellow and white. The last one I saw was from the 1970's and was iridescent medium blue on one side and iridescent medium lavender on the other Tres soixant-dix!

Couple of things....

~ on wool soakers. I was born in 1939, and my mother told me that was what she used on me when I was in diapers. I didn't get hooked on plastic until sometime between 5 and 10.

~ on polyurethane. Since i wear plastic pants or other garments directly against my skin, the way it feels is very important. That's where polyurethane plastic fails for me - it simply doesn't have the fine feel on my skin that vinyl plastic does. Nor does rubber or polyethylene. PEVA has an almost acceptable feel but is far too crackly for my taste.

~ skirts from AC Medical/Rearz. I love those, probably have a couple of dozen, both straight and circle.

Couple of things....

~ on wool soakers. I was born in 1939, and my mother told me that was what she used on me when I was in diapers. I didn't get hooked on plastic until sometime between 5 and 10.

~ on polyurethane. Since i wear plastic pants or other garments directly against my skin, the way it feels is very important. That's where polyurethane plastic fails for me - it simply doesn't have the fine feel on my skin that vinyl plastic does. Nor does rubber or polyethylene. PEVA has an almost acceptable feel but is far too crackly for my taste.

~ skirts from AC Medical/Rearz. I love those, probably have a couple of dozen, both straight and circle.

I got some Gerber PEVA panties for my dolly to see what they are like, The first thing that came to mind when I felt them was "trash bag"

Read my review of the Gary products