LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Plastic pants with wide elastics

I can tell you the best pull on plastic pants for you will be the Gary Activewear Brief. You can pick them up on Amazon shipped free for around $25/pair.

I have 3 pairs of these now. They come in several solid colors. They have a cloth outer cover and a PUL liner attached to it. The leg and waistbands are an inch wide and no digging on. The PUL liner is rolled over to form the waistband and the leg cuffs. Essentially the PUL liner is facing outward over the elastic. Search for these and see a picture and you'll understand.

I too was tired of the thin elastic bands digging in to my larger thighs. These I can't even tell I'm wearing and as a bonus, they actually are functional! There are plenty of more playful diapers covers out there that don't protect, dig into your leg and last a month or two. I've wore one of my pair daily for a year until I decided to buy more and it looks like the day I bought it.

I buy a large size to fit over my Abena M4s and it cover the whole diaper region just fine.

• Like 1

I am pretty sure that Gary makes an encased-elastic plastic panty as does Babykins. I think that biting is a function of waist size more than anything else. I really have no problem with any of my panties. Having a wide range of waist size between unstretched and stretched does wonders. I have Gary, A C Medical, Comco and Babykins rubber (which has a tight but cusioned elastic)

I am pretty sure that Gary makes an encased-elastic plastic panty as does Babykins. I think that biting is a function of waist size more than anything else. I really have no problem with any of my panties. Having a wide range of waist size between unstretched and stretched does wonders. I have Gary, A C Medical, Comco and Babykins rubber (which has a tight but cusioned elastic)

Not surprised, Babykins is sized oddly. Ordinarily, I take a medium and am comfortabel in a large. The two Babykins I tried were large and x-large (Tuffy) and they are tight. I think I could have fit in a 2x-large

Each size category of Gary pull-on and snap-on has a good deal of leeway in the waist and leg size, the usefulness of which DailyDi commented on when we discussed LL Medico as a replacement for Comco

The kind I was referring to have the plastic wrapped around the nylon elastics. They don't wick, but that plastic has creases in it that can create gaps if not tight enough. Too tight and they just dig into me.

If I recall araigaht LL Medico/Gary has an encoased elastic that is not corrugated or pleated

I went through this same thing with them, and then I called the company. All that time I just didn't have them pulled up far . enough. You really need to pull the leg cuffs all the way up. Do that, and you'll love them!

I'm looking for a new pair of plastic pants. The elastics on these baby pants pp are too narrow and dig into my legs. Hoping for something with wide and soft elastics. Also want a high back. Any ideas?

Call Babykins. They can custom make the pants to fit you. They wound up trying twice to get my fit right. Now I have perfect fitting wide elastic vinyl pants.

Look at the Gary plastic panties size chart and choose the one that fits you that has thel longest side seam and the widest crotch. On the A C Medical, choose the largest panties with a waist and leg size that will fit you as it will have the largest hip size

I'll try the Gary PUL pants with enclosed leg elastics. I've been told they are kinda noisy, which appeals to me. Thanks again everyone for helping me choose my pants! I'll be sure to report back once I get them.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the GaryWare Active Brief (PUL) in XL (figured that 2XL was pushing my luck for a 38" waist). The leg elastics are snug but I don't feel them at all. It goes way up in the back, covering my diaper no problem (no more folding down in the back is necessary). I'd almost forget I have them on, except for the loud rustling whenever I move :wub:. I haven't tried them overnight yet, but so far they seem perfect. Thanks a lot!

• Like 1

What does the material feel like?

I dunno: Might work for a DL but as far as authenticity goes, like PEVA, it seems to me that for any AB/AK over 30 that would be like Kojak with a "fade" and a Charms Blo-Pop, or me in jeans and barettes. In ageplay, esthetics, aka "look and feel", are vital. Can you imagine being told "If you keep wetting the bed, Mommy will put you back in diapers and PUL panties"?.....NOT!

Or how about this scene from a famous play

Csrsar: Well, soothsayer, The Ides of March hath come. what sayest thou?

Soothsayer: (checks his wristatch) Correctamundo! But, dude, they're still here. Horotius tells me he saw Brutus go into the Deadly Force gun shop and buy a Derringer and then join Cassius at Canulla's Coney Island Hot Dogs where he "et two"

Caesar: What of Cassius? I should think he et four. Yon Cassius haveth a lean and hungry look. And what of Marc Antony, my loyal friend

Soothsayer: Oh I saw him on my way to this scene. He was at the Friends Romans Coutrymen Guaranty & Loan trying to borrow some ears. If I were you, I would toddle over to the Baby Talk forum

Or how about the famous Re-enactment of the battle of Bunker Hill with The Brits having AK-47's and the Yanks with M-16's

When I was a baby I was in cloth diapers. I am not sure if they were the only reasonable option then ('78), or if my mom was just being stubborn. She raised us on natural foods, minimal sugar, environmentally conscious, etc. I remember her growing bean sprouts (yum), grinding wheat and making bread, etc. So, if there were an option, I could easily see her rejecting disposables, even if they were easier. I have several baby photographs of myself in cloth diapers. Photos weren't as good back then, but my recollection is that in most of the pictures I had no plastic pants on at all. Maybe she changed me as soon as I was wet (was that what some people did)? But, I seem to remember a pic of me at grandma's house with plastic pants on. So now you have me curious, I will have to break out my baby photos and research this! If I find a plastic pants pic, I'll share it :)

In the present, my overriding goal was to find something to help me keep my bed dry at night. I'm attempting to not have to wake up every hour to go to the bathroom. Not sure if I can accomplish that goal, but with the previous pants I was in pain by the morning which disrupted my attempts and I never made progress. I'll be able to test these out tonight. Wish me luck!

I thought you had gotten the A.C. Medical/RearZ panties. The big trick is to find the right fit. The Christy have wider leg openings than the Susan but are otherwise identical and come in high-back wide elastic

However, if you are a DL and not looking for agepalay authenticity and real feel then most anything will do

Also A.C. Medical has or had a video of the founder of Greenpeace recommending vinyl chloride as being more body-friendly and less oil using than anything elsoe

When I was a baby I was in cloth diapers. I am not sure if they were the only reasonable option then ('78), or if my mom was just being stubborn. She raised us on natural foods, minimal sugar, environmentally conscious, etc. I remember her growing bean sprouts (yum), grinding wheat and making bread, etc. So, if there were an option, I could easily see her rejecting disposables, even if they were easier. I have several baby photographs of myself in cloth diapers. Photos weren't as good back then, but my recollection is that in most of the pictures I had no plastic pants on at all. Maybe she changed me as soon as I was wet (was that what some people did)? But, I seem to remember a pic of me at grandma's house with plastic pants on. So now you have me curious, I will have to break out my baby photos and research this! If I find a plastic pants pic, I'll share it :)

In the present, my overriding goal was to find something to help me keep my bed dry at night. I'm attempting to not have to wake up every hour to go to the bathroom. Not sure if I can accomplish that goal, but with the previous pants I was in pain by the morning which disrupted my attempts and I never made progress. I'll be able to test these out tonight. Wish me luck!

I have also heard about using wool panties over the diaper

Took a look through my photo album. Up until I was about 1, I cannot find any picture of me in anything but just a pinned cloth diaper. After that I see various homemade-looking cloth diaper covers. Did not see any rubber or plastic pants directly, although I assume something was sewn inside the covers. The last picture I could find with me in a diaper cover was when I was 3, then by 4 I see underwear. I'll scan some pics but it'll take a bit of time.

Edit: Just to keep this on-topic: I spent last night in 2 baby pants prefolds and the new gary active PUL pants. Still quite comfortable in the morning, and I have some capacity left. Working well!

I do recall reading in the very old days that some people who couldn't afford rubber pants for their kids, or didn't want to use them for what ever reason. These parents would only use the cloth diaper and nothing else. They just dealt with the multitude of leaks and usually kept their kid in an area (or outside) where it didn't matter if they leaked or not and would be easy to clean up after.