LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Have you ever been told you smell because of your bedwetting?

stevewet

sometimes I'm in a hurry and don't always wash real good

Same here I'm often a bit lazy too. My wife lets me know if I smell but sometimes I think I do when she says I don't so maybe it's in the mind. Apart from my wife no one has said I smell of pee since I wasa kid when to be honest I probably used to stink.

Not one post I've read in the forums has suggested a solution to mitigate the distinct odor after a night in wet cloth diapers and vinyl pants. I use wetones wipes to clean first, shower with Dial Mens Odor Control soap, followed up by Old Spice 16 hour Body Wash and then apply Tena wash cream. Despite what I would call an aggressive over cleaning ritual I have frequently been alerted there is a noticeable odor when I am close to other people during the day, especially morning. I am not shaved in the diaper area if that matters.

Is there a dermatologist reading this blog that could offer a better solution?

• Like 1

Not one post I've read in the forums has suggested a solution to mitigate the distinct odor after a night in wet cloth diapers and vinyl pants. I use wetones wipes to clean first, shower with Dial Mens Odor Control soap, followed up by Old Spice 16 hour Body Wash and then apply Tena wash cream. Despite what I would call an aggressive over cleaning ritual I have frequently been alerted there is a noticeable odor when I am close to other people during the day, especially morning. I am not shaved in the diaper area if that matters.

I don't shave down there either.so maybe that has something to do with sometimes smelling of pee.

• Like 1

Thanks all for your thoughts. I still need a solution that has worked for others that need to work with clients following a night in wet diapers. There has to be a clinical recommendation a dermatologist could offer. If I thought it was safe I would try Febreeze (almost serious).

Fortunately I don't work in close proximity to others so if I smell a bit which I probably do then it doesn't matter. If I am going out I always shower and use a good shower gell and body spray and no one has ever comented. My wife always discreetly warns me if she can smell my nappy, which she says is only very rarely.

I've wet the bed my entire life and been very manic as an adult about keeping my body clean. As a kid, my room always had the smell of pee, other kids would always remark about it and they usually knew that I wet. I contend (beyond the pores theory) that the smell in the room permeates your clothes and hair , and that's what people smell.

• Like 1

I've wet the bed my entire life and been very manic as an adult about keeping my body clean. As a kid, my room always had the smell of pee, other kids would always remark about it and they usually knew that I wet. I contend (beyond the pores theory) that the smell in the room permeates your clothes and hair , and that's what people smell.

I know that smell when you constantly wet the bed. I grew up with it too.

• Like 1

I think your right I have wet all my life

• 10 months later...
On 11/10/2014 11:49:49, Walesiswet said:

I am totally paranoid about smelling like wee so I shower twice a day. My wife has only ever commented about a slight wife in the bed after I had a session on cider and it made my wee pungent.

If you keep yourself clean and your clothes clean there is no reason to smell.

My wife has admitted to me that I often smell of pee and discretely tells me if it is noticeable.

the smell is one of those smells that people will notice even when its very faint purely because it should'nt be there at all. My room stank when I wet the bed, I wet till 17 and was taken out of nappies at 7 so always had a wet bed to contend with. Even in the 70's daily baths and showers were not that common and if we were running late for school them I wouldn't get to wash properly so other kids noticed. It's one of the reasons I had such a hard time making friends because I didn't want people coming over because my bedroom smelt.

I use nappy rash cream at every nappy change I find that makes cleaning up using wipes a lot better

• Like 1
On 11/10/2014 11:49:49, Walesiswet said:

I am totally paranoid about smelling like wee so I shower twice a day. My wife has only ever commented about a slight wife in the bed after I had a session on cider and it made my wee pungent.

My wife has admitted to me that I often smell of pee and discretely tells me if it is noticeable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 11/10/2014 at 11:49 AM, Walesiswet said:

• 3 weeks later...