LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Chat Room

Elfy

I disagree with taking away chat PM altogether since its a good function usually, and much easier to use for live chat then the forum PM system, and if you took the PM function away you would just shift the problem away from chat PM on to forum PM. Has much as I dislike PMing without permission and the PM request spam, if you took it away I think it would be a disaster for the chat room.

Ms Betty:

You misread me...I think chat is pretty decent but would love to have AE's wife more comfortable in chat....I am simply trying ideas on for size, and if one of them falls flat on its face, don't waste a lot of breath, I'm not that attached to it.

You should always report PMing without permission... You may not care but others do, and letting them do it you encourages doing it to others. And you may get used to it after a while, but for new people coming in they don't always get that amount of time, not everyone is an experienced ABDL and getting bombarded with unwanted attention can be a real turn off.

What I propose is a REST service (over SSL) that runs on the server with DB access. It would take a username and hashed password, and reply whether it was valid for chat or not. In this way, I could externally restrict the chat to DD members only, but at the same time I would not have direct access to the DD database. The nice thing about a separation would be that if something went wrong with the chat, DD could not be compromised. We could host the ircd on the main servers.. our chat volume is extremely light, so the server impact should be negligible. That said, I would be willing to host the ircd on my own server for free if that would be preferable.

A javascript IRC frontend could be used (there are several available), and it could be modified to display ads and add commands to open/close PMs, as well as to remove unneeded or annoying options. The ircd could be modified to automatically reject msg's to closed PMs. The ircd could also be modified to reject new room creation and nick changes.

One thing to keep in mind about multiple rooms is you can be in more than one at a time.

I would be happy to undertake this effort to support the community. If Zander would like to help, I think we share a common vision and would make a great team!

DailyDi, please let me know if you'd like to proceed.

i once had an idea of not allowing people to send a pm until they had made a certain number of messages in main chat. i suppose this would be a coding thing and difficult.

I agree with ashie and Elf that there's a certain kind of PM trolliing which is super annoying, users who'll just ask everyone/every female-looking user the minute they get in, these people are obvious HNGs and I have cautioned a few already, even tho they are still technically within the rules.

• Like 1

I think I've made all my points in this thread to be honest, if I see anything else worth commenting on I will, otherwise we will just go round in circles talking the same points.