LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Chat Room

Elfy

DailyDi, you make me wonder if there is a way to control the making of separate IRC rooms...there are certainly occasions where it would be nice to have a third person in a PM, which would be the same thing as a separate, temporary IRC room.

At my office, we have a helpdesk button that's connected to all of our IT people and they usually contact you within minutes to resolve your issue.

I fucking cuss all the time in the chatroom. I would be sad if that became outlawed. As far as cliques being formed in divided rooms. Look at fetlife... plenty of shitty cliques there. I like the chatroom how it is. Personally I have a mods number and friends with most of the mods on a good level and I am sure like myself a lot of the popular members know one another in this same fashion and if something is going on the room that needs to be stopped one of us can call someone, text someone, and instant message to get someone in the room to remove the dipshit. What people need to learn is to ignore members and simply not allow others to dictate your behavior because they want to push your buttons.

I don't think swearing altogether should be outlawed, like I said above, unless its excessive or aimed at someone it isn't a problem... But I don' subscribe to the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" there can always be improvements :)

I think we already have a happy balance. the room is not unduly censored but things should be kept civil. When i'm in, i see mod's duty to steer the chat away from controversial subjects: politics, religion, guns and drugs all fall into this category. Role play and dirty diapers offend some sensibilities but I feel this comes with the territory in an ABDL chatroom. However, i would still advise that all things are good in moderation..

Well another thing about the two room separation... As long as the moderators were dipping in to make sure it was only RP going on in there then there would be no split as far as I can see, just somewhere for people to go if they want to play... On the other hand, if separating the rooms causes there to be a problem or make two half empty chats instead of one full one then we could just disable the second chat... There is no harm in trying new things, if they don't work out then we can just go back to how thing were before.

I feel like, while the "you must ask for permission to PM" has great intentions, all it does is flood the main chat, rather than solving the problem.

Its easy for you because you aren't the person targeted... Not to mention, the last posts weren't about PMing without permission, it was about excessive PM requests and, even if unintentional, harassment...

Elfking, let me throw something else at you...I feel differently about a PM depending on what computer (laptop or tablet) I am using because the laptop is so much better at managing the multiple windows, and no, I'm not gonna even try chat on a smartphone!!!! lol

• Like 1

The problem there is, a lot of HNGs simply do not care about what other people are saying, and its OK for me and you and even Zepp up there who still doesn't seem to get it, but for the new person getting hit like that on entering chat will make them think twice of coming back

The sad fact of life in any Chatroom is that there is no end to the HNG's and pesterers, even without PM's being involved. We ban them as fast as we can and that's all we can do on this end. Two of the problems with this are where do you draw the line between someone simply being interested in another person (which is natural) and going too far by being a HNG? There's no way to draw that line as everyone has a different opinion of where it is. The other issue is a side-effect of our "no PM's without asking" rule which is what Chatters here wanted and got. If you're looking for a GF/BF and somebody new comes into the room and catches your eye, you have to ask to PM, so it has to happen even if it's super repetitive and annoying to some or all :( There is good and bad in everything and nobody gets everything just the way they want it :whistling:

I know what you are saying about ignoring the PM requests, but you can't just ignore it... Its right there in front of you, and often times repeats itself over and over again to the point that no one can ignore it. Its why I like the idea of disabling certain users PM functions for a time, if they get overzealous with asking to PM (perhaps warn them about it and if they continue take it away, if only for a night?). Or having a little symbol or switch next to your name that shows your PM is open, so unless you know someone you can just open your PM rather than spam requests! Its the same when people start swearing at each other and the such, I think its honestly silly to expect everyone to ignore it because conflict is in human nature, and when someone is insulting you or making accusations its natural to defend yourself... Likewise, people will step in to defend their friends. You may not want them to, but they always will because when someone hurts someone you like, your natural instinct is to defend them.

I'm dead-set against two or more Chatrooms. All that will do is create cliques who do not associate with each other. Far better to have one room and some way of easily knowing who's PM is open and whose is not with the default being "No PM's" till you change it.