LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Handguns etc

Baby Dee, you have more CT's than you need so send me a few :P I remember when those first came out, I was more active back then. CT did make one for my fave pistol for a very short time but no more :( Finding one is darn near impossible- and when you do the price brings cardiac arrest. If life ever allows it I'm going to get a custom set-up for that one- it's a keeper for sure!

• 9 months later...

If you want control, stick to lower caliber weapons like .22 and .25 and .38. Those are controllable and will do the job of defending your person and property. Otherwise, you have to practice regularly to keep your skills sharp.

I blow through about 50 rounds of .40 SW a week (runs about $16.

Of course even with today's inflated 22LR costs, a 1000 rounds doesn't cost $60..

Stopping any animal (human or otherwise) with a gun is dependant on two things: 1- the bullet reaching the place where fatal damage occurs (penetration) and 2- putting the bullet in that fatal spot ;) a 22LR has enough penetration for most kill-zones on meduim size animals so almost any gun will do if you put the bullet in the right spot. Miss that spot by much and no gun or bullet will do the job as quickly as you need it done :(

The 357 DW's are pretty common, but I was looking for a 38 and it took a while of hitting the auction sites and gun shows before I came across one.

The reason is purely sentimental.

Same here. I dont shot a lot because I figure if I shoot hundreds of rounds a week all I am doing is finger memory and not really training to aim and shoot.

It's been waaay too long for me but last time out I was still good enough for instinctive up-close, and OK to as far as my eyes went. Gotta get glasses ASAP :P Gotta check the local private ranges too, not sure the cost. Only public range is an hour away and sometimes full of redneck fools :o Almost wish I was back up in the hills with my own 75 yard range in the backyard again :whistling:

All my defensive handguns have CT lasers on them, even the cheapo Taurus I keep in the car. OOPs I guess I should change that as the North American Arms .22 WMR I carry in my front pocket doesn't have the laser, but my Kimber .45's do.

At 67 my eyes are better than when I was 12 thanks to cataract surgery and new lenses, came out with 20/10 but now down to only 20/15 as tested, plus night vision has always been better than average due to the iris not closing far enough so I have to pretty much wear sunglasses even on semi-cloudy days.

The hoary old 45ACP is good, but lacks penetration and some can't handle the recoil. I seek more positive penetration and with a handgun I hardly know that recoil exists, but my shoulder hates it with long guns :P If you're good (really good), 400 yards with a handgun is do-able. Elmer Keith was one who could pull that off with iron sights and a hot-loaded 45 colt sngle action, and IIRC that's where the Ram targets are in slhouette shooting. With my eyes that's beyond iron-sigt range with a rifle and a big house for a target :o For defensive purposes use something big enough that you can hit with; a 22 in the right place is better than a hundred misses with a .44 :o Only the hits count!!

Betty, I'll agree that the .45 ACP is not the pistol for everyone, however, the recoil isn't that bad.

Dubious,

I'm kind of worried about someone who asks about a 'sniper rifle' and then plans on buying one.