LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My problem with ADISC.org

• 2 weeks later...

I got banned cause I wrote "I like kids" in a thread about kids..

No warning or anything else and I cant see the problem with the sentence..

If I were a girl nothing would have happened

Oh my....let me put what other people hear when you say those words into context for you.

I didn't see the post nor remember what it said but lot of people like kids. It's insane to brand someone as a sicko for saying they like children.

What if I said I don't like kids. Would that make me wrong for still wanting to treat them as they deserve. (albeit some should be shot while other should be given the keys to adulthood).

What if I said I don't like kids. Would that make me wrong for still wanting to treat them as they deserve. (albeit some should be shot while other should be given the keys to adulthood).

There is nothing wrong with not liking kids. Not everyone is interested in them or interested in being a parent. Of course you can still like kids and still not be interested in having one of your own because you don't want to take care of one 24/7 and are just not interested in parenthood.

If makes you happy and harms no one, lovely, do whatever you feel like to, as long as it makes you feel free, and happy, then enjoy it, no matter what, because life is too short to waste it.

Enjoy

• 6 months later...

Pretty interesting reading what people have to say about ADISC

I was an ADISCer, but I got banned on purpose because I was jumping on a bandwagon when there were a few outraged by minors not being allowed on anymore and some people started a crappy new forum I joined instead.

I

Edited by Scootaloo1

I was booted from ADISC fairly recently, no reason at all given. Don't even think I was a part of anything controversial. Anyhow, they do spend every waking breath fighting the fact that for most this is a sexually related issue. Many claimed to not even be sexual at all....very strange.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this issue has been brewing for a long time, twenty years at least and it partly stems from the acceptance of the abbreviation ABDL. I remember back in the '90's on EFNet #DPF when i first heard that term i strongly objected to it, as it seems to try to define everyone who has any sort of interest in diapers as either specifically into roleplay, as a sexual fetish or possibly both; however that is hardly the range of who we are. I think the term ABDL does a great disservice to us, as people finding our community and finally finding a 'home' where they feel they are not alone, feel they have to live under the classifications that are accepted in our community. i myself do not consider myself either an AB nor DL. Certainly i love my nursery print plastic panties, drinking from a baby bottle, and sleeping in a crib; but i do not roleplay as a toddler. Also diapers CAN be sexual to me, but to say they are a fetish of mine is backwards. I prefer to wear and wet my diapers as a default lifestyle, and sometimes i get sexual, but in comparison to how much time i am in diapers it is minuscule. It would be like saying Joe Blow has a sexual fetish for bedrooms, because he is always in his bedroom when he has sex.

Angela Baur was a member of DPF starting in, Iirc, 1993 and had a picture in the newsletter between 1993 and 1995

So I enjoy using different ABDL websites very much and unfortunately have found a lack of good ABDL websites such as this one. One of the sites I used to use ages ago (when I was a wee lad) was ADISC.org. For thsoe of you who don't know it is a support site much like this one for adults who wear, use, or love diapers.

I actually liked the concept of having the site available to teenage AB/DLs, but the idea of letting every adult on ADISC potentially interact with them didn't sit well with me either. One one hand I understand the legal nightmares involved with allowing quote unquote "children" on a site like ADISC, but on the other hand, being a teenage AB/DL can be incredibly scary, and there needs to be a place where the teenagers could meet up and realize that they aren't alone with this fetish. ADISC used to serve that purpose, and it allowed the older crowd to mentor the younger one, but I realize how difficult it must have been to make that work. While ADISC has way too many rules for the rest of the site, I think that they could have used even more for the sections with teenagers on it back when that was still allowed. The 18+ requirement doesn't actually guarantee that people entering the site are 18+ either. The really smart teenagers just make up some information or use a parent's information and then don't ever mention their "real" age until they're over 18. Unfortunately, the group that probably benefits the most from access to a site like ADISC is also the one that's not clever enough to lie about their age consistently. If ADISC ever tried something like that again, I'd want a pretty strong firewall between most of the adults and all of the children. (I might complain about ADISC usually being overregulated, but in this situation I'd actually be for making the adults submit to background checks before being allowed to interact with children.) Not having children on the site at all is definitely easier for everyone though, and it certainly solves the legal nightmare that they posed.

I don't know what to believe in regard to Angela. In an online forum like this, we do take it on faith that the people we associate with are who they say they are. On the other hand, I suppose if one wanted to, a person could piece together convincing-sounding evidence questioning my authenticity as well,

Exactly. They wanted to know my whole life story besides nappies, where I was born, all hobbies, all sports, all family stuff etc...

This is really my biggest beef with them, Jennynappy. It's one thing to have spaces in a profile for stuff that members can share, and to have discussions that allow for us to mention a hobby or two, but making it requirement is overreaching. What bothers me even more is the mob mentality that ADISC has about finding out everything about every member that they can, including information not shared directly with ADISC. They want way too much personal information and the fact that they need two random household items to verify who a person is instead of just a name handwritten on a piece of paper shows exactly how paranoid they are. They should really invest some of their diaper money in tin-foil hats given how rampant they seem to be letting paranoia run. (It would be a huge bonus if they just happened to wear them during a lighting storm too. ;)) It's one thing to take reasonable precautions against underage members posting, but it's another to hold a witch hunt for every one of your members who might value their privacy. I can completely understand if people use an alias or list a town nearby instead of their own to avoid being "outed," possibly only sharing more personal information with those who they truly trust.

So the Angela that posts here is supposedly an impostor? Interesting.

Without getting caught up in the same level of paranoia as ADISC, I have to admit that this thought crossed my mind as well when looking at their statement. For what it's worth, ADISC claims that the Angela Bauer on other sites is presumably the real deal, but if that's the case, (as I hope it is,) I would love to know why she didn't just mention that it wasn't her in the thread on here when people asked why she had been banned. A simple "that person was an imposter" would have put this to bed before we even had much of a chance to comment on it. On the other hand, ADISC has all the credibility of a pathological liar, so I'm tempted to give Angela the benefit of the doubt. However, I believe Mikey might also be using her as legal counsel, in which case I would hope that he sees this and somehow verifies her identity in a way that proves she is indeed who she claims to be, as it could be problematic for everyone if she was representing DD and lacked the credentials to do so. (Mikey, if you can give her a call or something, it might be a good idea.)

While I will stay out of commenting on other sites, let me tell you that I have no reason to doubt Angela's legitimacy. She is a long-standing member of the ABDL community and regularly provides us with interesting content and support.

While I will stay out of commenting on other sites, let me tell you that I have no reason to doubt Angela's legitimacy. She is a long-standing member of the ABDL community and regularly provides us with interesting content and support.

You said what a lot of us are thinking.

How can it be that I may be the only persons to remember her from DPF in the early '90's, including picture? Also, IIRC she used to host DPF events. There must be SOMEONE who actually MET her: Yes? No?

Edited by Christine Daryleanne
typo and punctuation mark