LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My problem with ADISC.org

So I enjoy using different ABDL websites very much and unfortunately have found a lack of good ABDL websites such as this one. One of the sites I used to use ages ago (when I was a wee lad) was ADISC.org. For thsoe of you who don't know it is a support site much like this one for adults who wear, use, or love diapers.

It's a strange split among some in the community on other sites as well. Diapers - for me - are NOT sexual, but obviously it is for others. I wanted this to be an inclusive community, so I embraced the fetishists along with the lifestyle wearers... and I understand it.

• Like 2

It's a strange split among some in the community on other sites as well. Diapers - for me - are NOT sexual, but obviously it is for others. I wanted this to be an inclusive community, so I embraced the fetishists along with the lifestyle wearers... and I understand it.

Diapers are listed as a kink and fetish so therefore it is. I will not deny that or be all PC about it by trying to redefine it. It is sexual for some people or a lot (I don't know how many with a diaper fetish are actually turned on by it and are sexual about it) and I don't deny diapers are sexual. They may not be sexual for you but that doesn't mean they are not sexual for everyone else with it.

It is very interesting to note that a large part of this website on that survey listed themselves as diaper lovers. Clearly that means many people (at least on this website) view diapers as something sexual or having some sexual relation attached with it. Just some things I've noticed.

There is a difference between stimulation of the sex organs and sexual

The first can happen for a number of reasons. Anyone who has ever been a 16 year old boy in school and called upon to do a stand-up recitation at "the wrong time" knows what I am talking about. Unless you are going to hypothesize "thermosexuality". The sex organs are heavily laden with sensors that feed to nerves that feed to a very active and powerful part of the brain. Children are stimulable long before the baby-making parts even go into place, mature to functionality or go "online" and I am pretty sure that the parts of the brain that moderate "sexuality" are not finished or "online" until at or near puberty: Nature wastes nothing and nothing starts in Nature until its time has come and the parts are good and ready. This also applies to the hormones that initiate the thoughts and behaviors

Now, that does not say that there are no high-power consequences to pre-sexual stimulation of the organs. As I said, physiological studies will show them to be very powerful. Sometimes to the point were the orgasm is unpleasant due to the strength of it and some kinds of stimulus-response conditioning takes place very rapidly and conditions that are not part of the actual stimulation but are nearby become part of the experience: smells, materials in contact with the body, and things of that order

Because of the nauture and root of sexuality, it musts needs involve and revolve around another person and at a certain age. Totally missing from pop psych is the endocrinology of sex and I do not even know that myself. I know the basics of the system as it relates to pyschology and that is it. It is very common for happily married persons to occasionally prefer masterbation to intercourse, which often leades to the partner saying "What's wrong with me?": Nothing is wrong. it is just that your partner is not interested in sex at this time

So, yes, you can have stimulation of the sex organs without sexuality and, at times, in preference to, sexual contact. Though sex usually involves the stimulation of the organs, not all stimulation of the organs involves sex

What people see in other diaper-wearers says more about them than what their own diaper-wearing does ;) There are people here who cannot believe that others might not feel the same about this, or have the same motivations to wear as they do. :( They simply cannot grasp that each of us is an individual unlike any other and that while we may have a lot in common, we're going to have a lot different too. I try to not let that get to me though it is frustrating at times.

It is very interesting to note that a large part of this website on that survey listed themselves as diaper lovers. Clearly that means many people (at least on this website) view diapers as something sexual or having some sexual relation attached with it. Just some things I've noticed.

I guess I'm the exception that makes the rule then. Being treated as a toddler and put into diapers is very 'sexual' for me. I see diapers (and wetting) as 'proof' that I'm not really all grown up and that's a big part of my fetish. (Sorry if that's TMI, but we're all unique)

I have a mental illness and backlashed at some bullies on their and was punished but none of the bullies that have been on their along time were punished the mods actually praised them for being bullies thats why I dont like ADISC. Yes my actions were inexcuseable but same with the bullies. They tend to bullie almost every new commer.

If you do not like ADISC do not go there. Nobody puts a gun to your head. We're better than they are. Look at the poll numbers

Your response is well thought, but still puts a label on people. How about no labels at all?

I like to wear diapers. Sometimes its sexual, sometimes its not. Some times I need them, sometimes not.

That makes me just me..

I don't know. Labels serve a purpose in identifying a group of people. We are a group, hence why we are here together on this forum, but we don't fit under JUST the umbrella of "I like diapers" given the many types of interactions with the various lifestyles. My problem wasn't with labels but redaction of labels.

Further, to reduce it down to the relativistic of "I am me" and put no labels at all limits interaction in the sense that most friendships begin with a common element. Here on DD we are given the opportunity to identify ourselves with labels. It is only when labels become negative in aspect that I have a problem."

But this has been the flow of society for centuries, people desiring to not be labeled and becoming outliers until, given time, them become a defined group. The LBGT community would not have made the advances they have made without bonding together within their labels.

Yes, individuality is awesome, something to be celebrated, but we are a group and distinctions within that group as subsets is sometimes neccessary.

Spargano

Your response is well thought, but still puts a label on people. How about no labels at all?

I like to wear diapers. Sometimes its sexual, sometimes its not. Some times I need them, sometimes not.

That makes me just me..

I agree, no labels.

You won't find a slot to put me into.

Everyone is different, no two people are identical, never mind a whole group.

Applying labels only can lead to an us vs. them situation, and we already have too much of that.

I agree, no labels.

You won't find a slot to put me into.

Everyone is different, no two people are identical, never mind a whole group.

Applying labels only can lead to an us vs. them situation, and we already have too much of that.

But, as Bettypooh stated well, our fascination of diapers doesn't define you. You are you and you are right that no one will be the exact same...

However, to quote "you are not a beautiful snowflake!"- Fight Club.

There comes a point where we get so politically correct that it is ridiculous, case and point, the anti-bossy campaign.

Groups don't exist to make an us or them mentality, they are here to bring is closer together. By it's very nature a group must have a label.

I agree that no two people are the same, but my point initially was this. I am a Diaper Lover, not an Adult Baby. That doesn't make me anti-adult baby, it just means I don't identify as such. The label diaper lover doesn't define me as a person but it defines my interest. My initial issue, one echoed by others, is that it is not appropriate to label all Diaper Lovers as individuals who get sexual stimulation mentally as well as physically out of their diapers.

For those who do and those of is who don't I know we prefer the label diaper lover because we love diapers. How we do can be broken out and generally people will fall between those two camps. The camp that enjoys diapers to eat and drink urine is probably so small as to be an anomaly.

It's ironic. In my studies of sociology and social work I have noticed people hate labels, but in order to study and interact, those labels are necessary, otherwise positive changes cannot be made.

Labels are not horrific things when taken in context, and let's be honest, very rare is the individual who eschews labels entirely and becomes successful in life. Society puts us into labels, sometimes unfairly, and we can either redefine the label or hide, but to claim no labels seem, in my opinion, to escape from reality. Only in a perfect utopia of complete equality would labels cease to be... And even then, probably not.

Spargano

There comes a point where we get so politically correct that it is ridiculous, case and point, the anti-bossy campaign.

Groups don't exist to make an us or them mentality, they are here to bring is closer together. By it's very nature a group must have a label.

Spargano

Do not try to label me as politically correct, that would be incorrect. I hate excessive political correctness too.

The antibully campaign is too one-sided and ignores the fact that bulling made some people the good citizens they are.

How do you learn to stand up for yourself if there's never any pressure?

I was bullied all through elementary school as I was one of the smallest kids in the class. However, I grew up on a farm and worked hard and grew strong. In grade 7, I had a growth spurt and was more average, but stronger.

I could and did fight back now and no one could beat me.

I could have become a bully at this point, but that's not me.

In high school, I could fit into any group, science classes, band, sports, shop classes, but the people I hung around with were the ones that didn't fit in any group.

If anyone tried to pick on them, I'll see you out back after school.

As long as the experience makes you a better person, it's a good one, it's up to you.

My point is not to apply a label to others.

If a person or group gives themselves a label, then by all means use it, but never try to apply a label to someone else, you'll probably be wrong.

• Like 1

Way back when I started wearing diapers for pleasure, it was not of a sexual pleasure as I was to young to know what sexual pleasures where, as I have stated many times I started wearing diapers back when I was 5 years old and I started wearing diapers again because I liked how a diaper felt and the feeling of wearing a wet diaper.

Everybody is in charge of their own sexuality or asexuality for that matter regardless of whither you wear a diaper or panties so while you can't deny for some there is a primary sexual motive we equally cannot just label negatively someone for whom this simply doesn't apply.

I've had my disagreements with the site but don't feel they belong in this thread.

Whatever. I am glad they are there, because if there was no ADISC those people might be hanging out here instead :o So I guess when seen like that, you can say I support those other sites and that they do some good :ph34r:;)