LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Girl Names: For those to Whom Being a Girl Matters

My actual nickname is Ariel. I feel a strong connection to that Disney Princess for more reasons than I could ever explain here & after I got my Ariel tattoo, all my close friends started calling me that. Until stumbling on this thread, I'd never considered "renaming" myself. I love my given name, it's unique, like me. But I also love the name my friends gave me.

Why not use both in a double name?

Mina is the name of a character I wrote for a story I wrote back in high school. I thought it was cute and tried it out online and it stuck for me. Finding that name was the first step in me finding the toddler girl that lived inside of me and bringing her out. My little persona is incomplete without that name.

Why not use both in a double name?

I don't think my first name sounds right with Ariel. But I like the way my middle name sounds. ArielMarie. Or maybe ArielBelle. I am a bookworm.
  • 3 months later...

Hello!

My little girl name is Karen Renee. My mother gave me this name when she first discovered that her diaper boy liked to wear his sisters clothes. I have kept the name as it now seems very natural!

Karen (pottypanties)

I've never had a strong attachment to my birth name. It never felt like "me", even when I was tiny. I like Ally much better. It is short, sporty, playful, and pleasantly feminine to my ears. It fits the little girl who enjoys playing at tea and feeling the sun on her skin. No middle name, just Ally.

• 3 months later...

I was torn for decades over picking a girl's name for myself. Stephanie was the female version of my real name, but I never really felt like a Stephanie. After that I was kinda nameless for awhile trying to deny my girl self. Several years ago when I decided to fully except my girlhood I started using Marianne or Mary-ann based on my Grandma's name, but it was still just a name to use not really "mine". After showing some pictures to a

I have found quite a few LG's with the name "Emily". I wonder how that comes to be? I always thought it an older person's name, such as an aunt

I guess my names okay. I rather like it cause its rare. My mom named me Leah for religious reasons and coincidentally my having weak eye sight.

Even though I already had a good name, I feel more close to my chosen internet user name. Sashiku or Sashi... To me its just the name for who I am inside. It doesn't mean anything as I made it up myself during Japanese class, I just felt like that name was perfect for me. I use it all the time when referring to little me.

• 2 months later...

Like Ally, I've never felt terribly attached to my given name. I've played around with a few different names that I like (both in my "little" play at home, and here in my RPs), but none of them really felt like they belonged to me either. Only recently have I toyed with the notion of using one of my nicknames - a play on my last name - which was given to me by a friend a few years back, and it feels just about right for my little name. Actually I wish more people would use it in real life, but it's only caught on within one small circle of friends.

On 12/21/2015 at 9:29 AM, Christine Daryleanne said:

I have found quite a few LG's with the name "Emily". I wonder how that comes to be? I always thought it an older person's name, such as an aunt

It probably reflects a larger trend on the part of what names parents choose for their kids these days--the pendulum is swinging back toward the traditional, and adult LGs pick up on this. Besides, "Emily" in particular is unambiguously feminine.

And what is Christine: chopped liver? In 1963 a Christine toppled a government

Actually I've noticed that there are a ton of Rachels here (also the variant Rachelle)

Did I mention you? No, I was teasing Rachel Emily. She said she had a tiara that would make me jealous. Any name that goes with toppling governments has quite a bit going for it. Profumo went out faster than any of the Nixon cronies. Like in about 2 months

Threads evlove over time. Let's don't get our...erm...rubber panties all in a bunch

Well, my post was the last one before yours. You didn't quote Rachel Emily, nor did you mention her by name, so it certainly does appear that your post is a response to mine. How would anyone know you were replying to anyone else?

Because they know that Rachel and I go back and forth if they pay attention. I missed your post because I got in from Rachel's post, which I got from a notification, and just hit the page down key and missed your post entirely and that's the last I am going to say about it

People have told me several times over the past few years that I look Asian(Im pretty sure im just white, was adopted with no family history), I like the idea of being asian, I would like to identify as Japanese and have chosen the name Reina, It seems like I would catch it in mid air if someone said it out loud as the first part of it rhymes

• 4 weeks later...
On 08/04/2015 at 0:23 AM, PrincessAriel said:

My actual nickname is Ariel. I feel a strong connection to that Disney Princess for more reasons than I could ever explain here & after I got my Ariel tattoo, all my close friends started calling me that. Until stumbling on this thread, I'd never considered "renaming" myself. I love my given name, it's unique, like me. But I also love the name my friends gave me.

When I was first struggling with being trans, I played around with Ariel. I'm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I go by Scarlett Lauren: Lauren is what my parents said my name would have been if I were born female; Scarlett was chosen since my male name (Scott) has no direct female equivalent, but the name Scarlett still maintains the beginning "Sc" and ending "tt".

It's a little more formulaic than other ways LGs choose their names, but it works for me and I've come to embrace it.