LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Changing before bed

Does anyone else find it a huge pain when you are so tired that you can barely stand up and you plop down on your bed only to realize you haven't changed for the night. Now I have to make sure I have cleaned up and put a fresh diaper on before bed. I am sorry but this is another part of my incontinence that really gets me down. I just needed to vent. Thanks for reading.

Peace,

C

P.S. The thing I find worse is getting all cleaned up and ready for bed and yup, time for another clean and change. That happened tonight.

• Like 1

I've been in diaper so long now that it's just part of my bedtime routing. I change just after brushing my teeth so it's a complete habit now. You do brush you teeth right? Just add changing your diaper right after that and it will soon become a habit.

Even though I am not IC, I have been through this. I would deliver papers at night with my ex boyfriend and we would both come home tired and I was so tired it was a pain to change my diaper and I was happy when my ex offered to put it on me after I took off my wet one. So yeah I can understand how hard it is and a pain and wishing someone do it for you.

I do know the feeling, and it's especially hard for me, considering I wear a cloth diaper at night (they're less likely to leak). They typically take me about twice as long to put on as a disposable, so I dread that on nights when I'm extremely tired.

I usually never change before bed unless I know it's going to leak. If i do pee pee before bed, I go to bed with a slightly wet diaper until it needs changing. no need to waste a diaper.

Unfortunately that's not an option for me. If I go to bed in a disposable it will probably leak on me. If I go to bed in a wet disposable then it's guaranteed to leak really bad. Just before bed I diaper up in a thick cloth diaper (and once in a while even that leaks).

• 6 months later...

Unfortunately that's not an option for me. If I go to bed in a disposable it will probably leak on me. If I go to bed in a wet disposable then it's guaranteed to leak really bad. Just before bed I diaper up in a thick cloth diaper (and once in a while even that leaks).

I would like to try cloth nappies at night but my wife says it isn't worth the extra laundry.

Hey all,

I haven't posted in a while. It's been a terrible summer. My incontinence has gotten worse since last posting. I am now urinary incontinent because I have to wear a diaper 24/7, it is too expensive to remove and change ever time. So here I am. This is no fun, not that it ever was. I appreciate all the support and empathy. Having this problem can get a bit lonesome.

Peace,

C

''My incontinence has gotten worse since last posting'' You have only the above post. So where is the last one lol. :doh:

You are correct LITH and Cherb are both me. I had problems with my login. Thanks darkravendl.

I wear Abena m4's 95% of the time, so I only put a fresh one on for night if I am more than 1/3 wet. I try to time my changing schedule to put a fresh one on right before bed, but it doesn't always happen. Lucky, I don't have to worry about cloth-vs disposable, because my bladder is rather puny, and I only wet a little at a time, so I almost never leak unless I overload the diaper. I think that most people who leak at night with disposables must have larger bladders and flood faster than the diaper can absorb. If I had a larger bladder, I would use cloth.

I wear Abena m4's 95% of the time, so I only put a fresh one on for night if I am more than 1/3 wet. I try to time my changing schedule to put a fresh one on right before bed, but it doesn't always happen. Lucky, I don't have to worry about cloth-vs disposable, because my bladder is rather puny, and I only wet a little at a time, so I almost never leak unless I overload the diaper. I think that most people who leak at night with disposables must have larger bladders and flood faster than the diaper can absorb. If I had a larger bladder, I would use cloth.

You forgot side sleepers, and those who stay hydrated. I don't have a very big bladder, and often have to go every 1.5 hours. Over night I can make a disposable leak long before it reaches capacity simply because I wet it more than once and only on the side.

Side sleepers can change their sleeping positions, just lie on your back when you go to sleep.

That's easier said than done. I sleep on my side (always have as long as I can remember), simply because I normally can't fall asleep on my back or stomach. I have to be pretty sick or laid up in a hospital bed to sleep on my back, front, reclined, etc.

Also, I have had knee and leg surgeries that only seem to let me get comfortable when I'm on my side with my hips rotated forward some (so my knees are bent but not on top of each other). If I have my legs extended out for any long period of time then my joints will lock up and I will wake up extremely sore.

So no, not all side sleepers can change their position.