• Plastic
    • Vinyl
    • Rubber
    • PUL
  3. 3. Pink Blue or Yellow?

• Pink
    • Blue
    • Yellow

Cloth is my preferred diaper while at home or running errands, but since it isn't always convenient (especially when flying), a pack of quality disposables is a wonderful thing to have around.

Blue, Pink, Yellow, all very cute, for me blue wins by a small margin, just by a tiny amount though because pink is just awesome for plastic(er, vinyl) pants!

Even though I've never owned a pair, I picked rubber pants.

I guess they are the original waterproof pantie from the all cloth era?

Actually, I'm not sure of the material my waterproof panties are that I have.

You demonstrate the point I have made and talked about over and over. The generic term comes from my parents' generation. That is what we learned them as and we, in turn transferred that, which made it generic for 3-1/2 generations: 1915 to 1985. That kinda of locked it in place as a generic term

• 3 weeks later...

I think that my choice of transparent or putting it another way having no preference for 'pretty' colours just adds credence to the fact I have no AB tendencies that I am aware of and simply choose functionality over colour.

• 3 weeks later...

We never made the distinction: It was all "rubber panties" and that was the end of it

• 7 months later...

"I'm not sure the differentiation of plastic vs. vinyl is."

I don't get that either. Afaik plastic pants are vinyl pants...unless the distinction that is meant is between polyvinyl chloride and other types of plastic such as PEVA and polyurethane.

the other types PEVA and PU are far too new to have been around when this distinction started to be made and are too new to be listed as "classic". Someone once said that the difference was between the smooth and the grainy material. But for the overwhelming bulk of my life. they were all called "rubber" anyway and that is what I call them out of a 65 year old habit