LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

close call could have been arested

babyleanna75

Yes you can die by not wearing your seatbelt I was in a couple of rollovers were the roof of the car on the drivers side was resting on the steering wheel and the law officers said I would have been killed if I was wearing my seatbelt I ended up on the passeger side roof with only a few bruises. I wear my seatbelt on the freeways and highways but dont like wearing them in town. But to avoiid more ed tickets I will have to start wearing it at all times

Yes yes yes, you can die wearing a seatbelt, not wearing a seatbelt or just walking down the street. I have been on the scene of dozens of major accidents and have to say those that had a seatbelt on had less injuries than those that didn't. I have seen the fatality of accidents and the amazement of survival. I have been to the autopsies of those killed in accidents and talked to the loved ones that lost their family member. I for one anymore don't care if a person wears the seatbelt or not. There is enough education out there that shows wearing a seatbelt will reduce the chances of dying in an accident but if choose not to obey the law you take your chance in the accident. I have written many tickets for

• Like 1

I just love how the OP blames the police officer for doing his job. While I, too, am on the fence with the fact that there is a law for seatbelt use, the OP was clearly breaking the law by not doing so, and the officer had every right to write the ticket. In my state, not wearing a seatbelt is a secondary violation. This means that police officers need to have another reason to pull you over, but then can write you for the seatbelt violation. This seems like a fair compromise. Of course, and rightfully so, not buckling up your children is a much more serious offense and is a primary violation.

Well i live in Louisville, Kentucky...We have the same click it or ticket policy here...But what kills me is 1 month after the seat belt law took effect, they pass a law were you no longer have to wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle...Now that was the dumbest thing i had ever seen...As for the seat belt, my sister was in a wreck on the highway as a front seat passenger...She was ejected out of the van and thrown down the highway 80ft...The cops said if she had been wearing a seat belt she would have died...So my opion is simple, if its your time to go you are going like it or not...and that is how i live life...When god punches your time card, your checking out and nobody will be able to do anything about it...So there for i just don't worry about my seat belt...

My brother lucked out too not wearing a seat belt. The car rolled and he was thrown around in it and if he had one on, he would have crushed to death. It's a catch 22, wearing one can still kill you and not wearing one can still kill you.

For the OP: I've been arrested, and am incontinent. The jail provided cheap pull-ups, and they didn't seem surprised when I told them of my medical issues. I was wearing a tena-slip maxi at the time, and they showed a little surprise when I had to change. At the time I understood the surprise to be "wow, that's a serious diaper", more than "oh, he's wearing a diaper". The jail pull-ups were really really poor quality, but it was basically a non-issue.

My brother lucked out too not wearing a seat belt. The car rolled and he was thrown around in it and if he had one on, he would have crushed to death. It's a catch 22, wearing one can still kill you and not wearing one can still kill you.

thats why goverments shouldnt force the seatbelt laws and should be left to the driver to decide wether to wear or not, because their is an equal chance to die either way.

Yes yes yes, you can die wearing a seatbelt, not wearing a seatbelt or just walking down the street. I have been on the scene of dozens of major accidents and have to say those that had a seatbelt on had less injuries than those that didn't. I have seen the fatality of accidents and the amazement of survival. I have been to the autopsies of those killed in accidents and talked to the loved ones that lost their family member. I for one anymore don't care if a person wears the seatbelt or not. There is enough education out there that shows wearing a seatbelt will reduce the chances of dying in an accident but if choose not to obey the law you take your chance in the accident. I have written many tickets for

Edited by choctawboi

Seat belts will give you a higher percentage of survival than if you didn't have it on.

The vast majority of crash studies have proven this a long time ago.

Want a 4 or 5 point harness, that's not a problem, just go buy one and install it in your vehicle, many people have. It will give you an even higher chance of survival with less risk of seatbelt caused injury.

Want even better chances, add the fire suit and helmet.

Going all the way, install a roll cage and mount a fire extinguisher within drivers reach.

Survival is about preventable risk, and it's up to everyone to make their own call, but take note, you will not find any race cars without the above noted safety features.

The professionals have way more knowledge of crash survival, if they do it, so should you.

• Like 1

When I was a kid, we never wore seatbelts except for when my dad would take us for a ride in the dune buggy. I remember during some quick stops my mom reaching her arm over to try to stop us from hitting the dash. I've learned since, that in a real crash, even a very strong person wouldn't be able to stop someone from hitting the dash or window. Later on, it became a law that if you weren't wearing seatbelts and got pulled over, there were extra fines (front seats only). Despite this, I started wearing my seatbelt, even as a kid. Even to this day, I have people get in my car that don't put on their seatbelt, but my car doesn't start moving until they have it on. I don't really care whether they think it is safer or not, I am not getting extra fines because of them.

I knew a boy in my neighborhood who hit his head hard on the dashboard when they got in a car accident and he was in coma and had permanent brain damage. It gave him learning problems so he had a hard time learning in school. I remember he had that ugly thing on his fore head and he was non verbal because I didn't see him speak for a while. I assume the head injury had something to do with it and then he could talk again eventually. A seat belt keeps that from happening. Ever stepped on your breaks abruptly the seat belt would lock in place holding you in the seat keeping you from going forward?

I was in a head on collision in 2000 and we were doing 85km/h each. The airbag absolutely saved my life. The seat belt helped save me but did a tiremendouse amount of damage. I'm permanently dual incontinent, have no use of lower ab muscles, got my left shoulder torn out of the socket and significant reduction in the use of my left arm. I am glad to be alive but I wish there were seat belts with cushion or there own airbags to reduce damage.