LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

24/7/100%

I'm 60. As a child, I lived with bladder and bowel incontinence. I grew out of both, slowly. By the time I was 14, I was clean and dry during the day, although I have remained a lifelong bedwetter.

I was grateful when adult disposable diapers reached a level of quality where they could actually be counted to keep a person, clothing, and bedding dry. Cloth diapers were nice, so long as someone else was changing and washing them. Whem my turn came to change and wash my own diapers, I didn't enjoy cloth rearly as much.

About six years ago, I began having daytime wetting accidents again, intermittent and unpredictable. I learned that this time, the incontinence was caused at least in part by a complication of diabetes. I began wearing "adult protective underwear" when the frequency of the accidents began to affect my quality of life. Within a year, I was in disposable diapers and plastic pants full-time. I still am.

Still, though, I used a toilet when I could, especially for bowel movements. I didn't especially mind messy diapers as a kid, even if they weren't changed right away. As an adult, though, the idea of "pooping my pants" disqusted me. When it happened, I'd always change as soon as I could find a restroom.

In the past year, the routine of six to eight daily trips to the bathroom plus two or so diaper changes began to annoy me. Gradually, I began wetting the diaper rather than using the toilet even when I could have made it in time. At first, I felt more than a little embarrassed by this behavior. I also felt the pinch of the added cost as my diaper consumption doubled. I'm now using 4-5 diapers daily. Recently I've been messing diapers more and more often, not always, but often, by accident.

At least so far, the embarrassment and additional expense caused by the increased diaper usage, have been more than offset by a reduction in stress and -- forgive me if it sounds corny -- a greater sense of well-being.

My wife has always been supportive. She's never complained about occasional wet beds. She wants me to be comfortable and happy. She's also very protective of my dignity. She's never questioned how often I use the diaper instead of the toilet. She has noticed that I'm happier and more relaxed lately and has commented on my good mood.

MY QUESTION IS: Are any of you at a point where you NEVER use the toilet anymore and don't try to? If you are, how is it working out for you?

MY QUESTION IS: Are any of you at a point where you NEVER use the toilet anymore and don't try to? If you are, how is it working out for you?

Well i've stopped using the toilet altogether. i now use it for a goldfish. It's very handy if the fish dies it's straight to the morgue in one easy flush!!!!!!! :fish_h4h:

Guest diamondback688

i dont use the toilet anymore either...works out fine for me, as insurance pays for all of my diapers and supplies...

i too have stopped using the toilet, my diaper consumption has gone down also.

i used to change at the firat sign of a warm feeling, and there was only a drop full at a time. i was changing 7 to 8 times in a day.

since the incon has worsened, i find myself waiting till i know the diaper is ful ect. my timed voiding is sometime during the night, so when i wake, the bm has allready ahppened. i only have an ocassional messy diaper during the day.

i very ralrly feel the need to pee, and if i do, i just let it go. i also am more relaxed now, for a couple of reasons,, 1 i have accepted the fact im incon,,2 i have accepted the diapers, and 3 i trust the diapers now too.

It has to be nice to have your diapers paid for. I spend more than $1000/yr. on them. Does insurance provide you with decent diapers?

A while back, on an incontinence site, I read that there are two approaches to managing incontinence with diapers: the dry approach (change at the first sign of wetness) and the wet approach (wait for a change until the diaper is more completely used up.

I can understand the attraction of the dry approach. But the cost is frightening, and 7-8 diaper changes daily (for me it might be closer to 10) take up quite a bit of time. I had already adopted the wet approach.

The downside of the wet approach, of course, is that the risk of diaper rash is a lot greater, as is the risk of leaks. Everyone has his/her own idea of just how wet a diaper should be before it's changed, of course. For me, it's time to change when the diaper is just beginning to feel uncomfortable.

• 3 weeks later...

A while back, on an incontinence site, I read that there are two approaches to managing incontinence with diapers: the dry approach (change at the first sign of wetness) and the wet approach (wait for a change until the diaper is more completely used up.

I can understand the attraction of the dry approach. But the cost is frightening, and 7-8 diaper changes daily (for me it might be closer to 10) take up quite a bit of time. I had already adopted the wet approach.

The downside of the wet approach, of course, is that the risk of diaper rash is a lot greater, as is the risk of leaks. Everyone has his/her own idea of just how wet a diaper should be before it's changed, of course. For me, it's time to change when the diaper is just beginning to feel uncomfortable.

I use them at night all the time when at home. Since I wet the bed all the time at night. It helps me sleep better and I am not interupted by getting up.

• 2 weeks later...

I too have also just reached the point where I will now use my Nappy as opposed to going to the toilet as it is now almost impossible to get my Nappy off before I start going anyway :badmood:

So this weekend I made the conscious decision that enough was enough as I have got to the point where I need to be Nappied full time due to a worsening of my over active bladder :rolleyes:

I now think I have lost all of my feelings of guilt about doing it in a Nappy when it is not necessary because it IS necessary.

You should not feel guilty as only you know what your needs are and who is to say that what you are doing is wrong anyway.

Now iv'e got that off my chest I hope that makes you feel a little better.

Go out and be the former you before incontinence got you in its grip!

Best of luck. :beer:

My boyfriend talked me in to giving up the mad useles dash to the restroom. I was always stressing out over trying to make it, and I'd only make it about 1 out of 10 tries. It's been nice giving that up. I just live my life with out worrying. Anyone who ends up going in thier diaper more often than the toilet should just give up the toilet.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been trying to relax on my urge incont., but i'm having a hard time. It just seems to be a naturral reflex to try to hold(although it never works). But things are getting better. I tend to wear until my diaper is uncomfortable also. to change at the first sign of wetness is hard to keep up with. Not to mention if you have a heavy void the cheap diapers won't hold up to one void. Molicares, and change when my diaper has had it for me.

I gave up on trying to make it to the toliet 23 years ago, and I do not regret it one bit. Oh the cost of disposable diaper usage went up sure, but as some have said also,the stress level has droped. I no longer worry about springing a leak, if it happens I just go and change or change as soon as possable.

There has been a few times my diaper has leaked and I was unable to change the wet diaper befor voiding in it again causeing an even bigger mess, but luckly enough not to be anyplace where anyone would have seen my wet pants.

That is one nice thing about country liveing, if your outside and your diaper leaks, who's going to see it besides the wildlife and cows in the next door pasture.

I gave up on trying to make it to the toliet 23 years ago, and I do not regret it one bit. Oh the cost of disposable diaper usage went up sure, but as some have said also,the stress level has droped. I no longer worry about springing a leak, if it happens I just go and change or change as soon as possable.

There has been a few times my diaper has leaked and I was unable to change the wet diaper befor voiding in it again causeing an even bigger mess, but luckly enough not to be anyplace where anyone would have seen my wet pants.

That is one nice thing about country liveing, if your outside and your diaper leaks, who's going to see it besides the wildlife and cows in the next door pasture.

:biker_h4h:

:biker_h4h:

i have no feeling of need as a rule so i am almost aways wet i do prefer to use potty for number 2 i have enought warning but other wise just use pull ups or diapers at night

I only use the toilet occasionally if I am changing my diaper and feel the need to go when it's off, like before a shower I'll use it but other wise it all done in my diapers. The VA pay for most of my diapers so it's not a problems. I found the only time I ever leak is with disposable, but today I've been in cloth all day an no problems.

It has to be nice to have your diapers paid for. I spend more than $1000/yr. on them. Does insurance provide you with decent diapers?

My nappies are ok quality and is free for me. I usually use one brand and different types of nappies within the same brand. I can change the type and strength for each time I order, depending on how severe my incontinence is at the time, or depending on how my stock is. I usually aim for having atleas one bag of each type I use, so when I open the last bag of a type I just order a new case of them. It have worked fine for me the 9 years I have needed it. It happens that they send me some new brand they want me to try, but it allways ends with the same old brand that fits me better than any other brand. So basically I am satisfied as one can be in the given situation.

When I first became slightly incontinent I stopped using the toilet very quickly. At that time I was much younger and the worry wasnt there so it was an easy choice for me. Now that Im older Im pretty much back in the same situation. Like many others, after trying hard to get to the toilet I almost always dont make it, which causes alot of stress. I've all but given up on trying to use the toilet, even if I could probably make it. Its nice to not to have to worry about it, though I think my control has almost irreversably worsened because of it :blush:

Guest prefold

My boyfriend talked me in to giving up the mad useles dash to the restroom. I was always stressing out over trying to make it, and I'd only make it about 1 out of 10 tries. It's been nice giving that up. I just live my life with out worrying. Anyone who ends up going in thier diaper more often than the toilet should just give up the toilet.

I wish I could use the toilet !

I also have urge incontinence. I usually don't try to make it to the toilet to pee, but I use it consistently for "Number 2."

I am a 54 yr old male in Chicago. Well, it wasn't for 24/7 but my latest experience was the other day when I had the day off to get a garage door installed. I put on two depends (medium then large) at 7 in the morning. By 8, I was pretty wet. The installers showed up about 8:30. By this time the diapers had really expanded. I kept wearing and wetting until my first change around 9:30. Put on two more. They were done around 11:30 and I was soaked. So wrote them a check and was wetting myself as I did that. But I was hungry so when they left, I got in my car and went to burger king. Now, on the way over, I felt my bowel move and thought oh gawd no. I don't like that. But okay, thats what diapers are for. So I parked fairly far away, like the other side of the center. I walked over, accepting the pushes that were happening. I ordered and then, as i walked out, it really started to push and i let it. I stopped and stooped a little and pushed. Right there in the parking area. Oh my - i thought it felt so good instead of hating it. My load fully filled my bum so much. I walked to my car and thought - great - i got to sit to get home. ohhhhhhh it went all over in my diaper - if someone saw me i would have been so humilitated. Gently I sat and it felt so good. After I got home, i even stayed in it for awhile. Clean up was a chore - no doubt. But its got me rethinking doing #1's and #2's in my diapers. I guess if I come to accept pooping in it, it may led to full t ime. Thanks all

• 2 weeks later...

I used to run to the toilet to try to make it, as that's what my mther had me do.

My boyfriend talked me in to not bothering. I'd only make it about once out of 5 attemtps.

The first time I used my diaper instead, we werre cuddling, and I started to get up. He hugged me tight and said "shh, just let it go. Don't ruin the moment running off."

It's been much less stressful. No more dashing to a bathroom I'm not going to make it to.