LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Your pet peeves for story writing

Breaks ruin a roll for me no matter what I'm working on, programming, writing, art, etc. A forced break to line up a new apartment over the past few days has thrown a spanner in the works of some fantastic momentum.

• 3 months later...

That happens to me a lot, in absolutely everything I work on. Seems great while writing it, then you go back and it seems like boring cliched nonsense. I think it's the problem of knowing where the plot is going the second time, it doesn't seem like it could possibly be interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

Doing more on research than writing and not being able to find a specific answer to your question for your story. Only way to do that is by pretending you are moving overseas to be with your dad and his family who are natural born UK citizens there and you are a US born citizen and your dad was an immigrant here and then he moved back to his home country so you ask a question about visas and if you can live there or not or work there or still have to apply to live there and meet any requirements or if you are still entitled to their public funds or not because of your dad being from there or would he have to be you sponsor and what happens when you meet someone after you had moved there and decide you want to be with them, do you still have to apply for a fiance visa and a spouse visa and still need permission to marry there. I guess I have to make it up again for my story and just pretend than pretend online and ask to get a answer for accuracy. I would hate to troll for my story. If anyone happens to have an answer to this, I will be glad to hear your answer.

• 2 months later...

I'm going to say a certain subtype of writers block. Much is made of the 'tyranny of the blank screen' but you know whats worse? Tyranny of the first few pages. It is uncountable how many times I have tried to get started and write two or three pages of opening and think 'no, that's actually pretty terrible'. There's a good story beyond those first few pages, I know that. And generally if I can find an opening I'm happy enough with I'll press on and resign myself to fixing the begining during editing. But nothing can impede my progress like having to go back and rework those first few pages because they don't work.

I find that I struggle a little after the 15 thousand word mark. It's easy for me to start stories, but tough to keep the momentum going. It's not that I'm out of ideas, but after a few days writing one story, I have other story ideas that seem more interesting.

Sticking to the plot outline. As part if my pre-writing, I scribble out character sketches and a basic plot map. Most of the time that turns out as useful as a map of Vermont highway when I'm driving in California.

Another writing pet peeve of mine-being lazy and procrastinating on finishing a piece. I have 2 rough drafts I could've had finished if I wasn't such a lazy, easily distracted sod. XD