LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Economical Diapers

I'm going 24/7 and using my diapers for everything and 24/7 will be expensive, especially when just starting out. I need to know some recommendations for a brand or cycle of brands that I can rely on. I only plan to change 3-4 times in a 24 hr period, preferably 3, but no more than 4 under normal circumstances. It could be a brand that can hold up well on its own for day and night time without a booster, or a brand that hold up well for day time on its own, but I don't mind using a booster for night time. I could also have a set day time diapers, and a night time diaper. I may get emergency cloth diaper but I'm mainly sticking to disposables for their convenience for my partial fecal incontinence due to my IBS. Another word of advice I'd like is maybe some cheap sources to buy diapers from in bulk as well as other supplies, like wipes, powder, etc. Maybe some efficiency questions like baby vs adult wipes. Any suggestions?

From reading about them, the brands of Abena's level 4 absorbency, Tranquility's ATN (All Through the Night) and Wellness are the most absorbent disposables I read reviews for; I haven't been able to try any personally, but I do hope it helps you some.

I've always liked the utility of the 12 Month Program's suggestion of cheaper diapers with baby diaper stuffers. You can find baby diapers for far less than most decent stuffers. The point, though, isn't to let the whole package get saturated, the point is that you can pop into a restroom, quickly dispose of the stuffer, and tighten up the outer disposable for a few more hours of capacity - with the right combination. I have tried it a few years back, but I'd like to try the combo with Abena M2 or M3 diapers. I haven't yet found a good, cheap disposable that has good leak protection but ranges about half of what a good Abena costs. Still looking.

• Like 1

I must have been asleep at the wheel.... when did Bambino Bianco become the most economical premium diaper? I remember when I was buying them in 2007-9 they were a little more expensive than

Yeah I left tranquility ATN out of my comparisons because I feel it only slightly better than depends, and if you put a 50 cent doubler/baby diaper in it still only equals the decent diapers...

I flood unfortunately so I looked to diaper worth on how many floods it could take before leaking.

Belissimo 3

Tenan 2

Abena 2

Molicare 2

Tranquility 1 if I was lucky it would usually leak

Wellness 1 if I was lucky it would usually leak

I had the same problem with charts so I had to take a JPEG of my chart. Incidentally my prices are mediums. Size large is going to spend more, size small will spend less. All the more reason to get in shape if it can mean getting into a smaller diaper.

Personally, some people say wear larger, but that never worked for me. It is impossible for me to get the seal right on a size large. Invariably I will have space behind my thighs leading to horrendous leaks. Even tracing the bottom tape around my thigh as tight as possible there are always gaps. You need to make sure your diaper size works.

I am a size 42 waist and I have 27 inch thighs so in theory larges should fit me fine. They don't. Mediums are nice and snug. The largish dry24/7 medium fits perfectly, so I too should lose weight for a better fit.

Spargano

I've found diaperbuys has the best prices I've found but they don't have molicare. I plan to train myself to just dribble constantly rather than flood as most diapers aren't designed to hold floods and everyone knows what will happen if you try to do that in depends. That could mean ATN and even cheaper brands like hospital and nursing home brands that may be better than depends could work pretty well for me. I already of know of one institutional brand that works quite well for someone medically incontinent friends I know of.

Well, I use the Tena maxi, one per day whena t work, but I'm also using babydiapers as inserts - those I use 5 of each day in order to save my premium diapers the most. The baby diapers as inserts really works well and save you a lot of money. I got the advice from another forum. when at home I switch tp cloth.

Yeah I left tranquility ATN out of my comparisons because I feel it only slightly better than depends, and if you put a 50 cent doubler/baby diaper in it still only equals the decent diapers...

I flood unfortunately so I looked to diaper worth on how many floods it could take before leaking.

Belissimo 3

Tenan 2

Abena 2

Molicare 2

Tranquility 1 if I was lucky it would usually leak

Wellness 1 if I was lucky it would usually leak

I had the same problem with charts so I had to take a JPEG of my chart. Incidentally my prices are mediums. Size large is going to spend more, size small will spend less. All the more reason to get in shape if it can mean getting into a smaller diaper.

Personally, some people say wear larger, but that never worked for me. It is impossible for me to get the seal right on a size large. Invariably I will have space behind my thighs leading to horrendous leaks. Even tracing the bottom tape around my thigh as tight as possible there are always gaps. You need to make sure your diaper size works.

I am a size 42 waist and I have 27 inch thighs so in theory larges should fit me fine. They don't. Mediums are nice and snug. The largish dry24/7 medium fits perfectly, so I too should lose weight for a better fit.

Spargano

I realize they aren't supposed to hold floods, but the majority of people starting on this journey cannot help but flood. Absolutely if you dribbled then any of these diapers could last 10-12 hours. But if you are just starting out especially if you are front loading water to get used to peeing you are going to flood.

The ideal of dribbling takes time so these options I felt were good for someone starting out, not someone who is already at a point of moderate success. Personally I loved the squishiness of ATN when I tried them, and they are economical, but as with all things ymvv.

As for the savings in cloth, be sure to factor in the water/electrical bill for washes, the care of the cloth, the odor of the diaper pail, etc.

Spargano

I realize they aren't supposed to hold floods, but the majority of people starting on this journey cannot help but flood. Absolutely if you dribbled then any of these diapers could last 10-12 hours. But if you are just starting out especially if you are front loading water to get used to peeing you are going to flood.

The ideal of dribbling takes time so these options I felt were good for someone starting out, not someone who is already at a point of moderate success. Personally I loved the squishiness of ATN when I tried them, and they are economical, but as with all things ymvv.

As for the savings in cloth, be sure to factor in the water/electrical bill for washes, the care of the cloth, the odor of the diaper pail, etc.

Spargano

a pack a month is all well and good, except I'm using my diapers for everything so I'll have to change more often to keep my skin healthy.

Just to remind those who saw my 1st statement: I personally haven't tried out those brands as much as I'd like to, but the reviews on them seem to be praise-worthy; the only way it can be truthful is by trying for one's self.

a pack a month is all well and good, except I'm using my diapers for everything so I'll have to change more often to keep my skin healthy.

That thought occurred to me today. All of us have only urinary desire and you have bowel need, which of course means you have to change soon after a bm... You might be vastly better spent doing the tena or Tranquility approach with baby diaper stuffers as you definitely will have to change more. Good luck.

Spargano

Everyone's bladder is different. A flood to some is a light void to others. I last tried them in 2009 and went through a case of them. I have been wearing 24/7 since 2001 give or take so take my statements with a grain of salt. Even after 12 years in diapers I still learn a lot :) I used to think I was doing something wrong with so many people reporting 5-6 floods in diapers, or the people who say they simply cannot make the diaper leak, but no, it is just physics.... The diaper can only handle so much liquid so quickly before it has to displace the liquid and a leak happens.

I liked ATN's fit and squishiness as I said before. I wish they would have worked for me, but at 300 a month it is a moot point lol. Ten changes a day would be more than most would need :) so kudos for your supply that works so well for you

Spargano

Tranquility ATNs only last me 1-1.5 hours were Abena plastic Backed L-5s last me 2.5-4 hours. I go through 6-9 tranquility ATNs and so far only 3.5-4.5 Abenas. My incontinent insurence dont pay for the Abenas so they sent me some samples of the tena slip maxi and am so far discusted with the fit but I will make due with them if they hold a good amount.

Personally, and quite possibly not economically, I have been using the plastic- backed Depemnds with a Serenity (by Tena) ultimate absorbecy pee pad in the front as stuffer. I have also used condom catheter setups, being male. My wife does my laundry, so cloth is out for me. As you are planning on being messy, remember to put wipes in your cost equation. Also, don't forget that diapers will grow your middle a little bit, and new, dark pants to fit and conceal any leaks may be involved.

Luna, as others note, you will need to experiment to figure out what works for you, what fits you, and doesn't leak on you. None of us will mind if you take your time at it. Let us know how it goes, and good luck!

The best diapers for absorbancy I have tried: raking #1 Abena X Plus plastic backed holding 6 of my accidents. Ranking #2 Tena Slip Maxi with holds up to 1-2 less of my leaks than the Abenas and ranking #3 Tranquility ATNs with only holding 3 of my accidents. Now I have a large bladder that dosent clue me in when it is full I leak uncontrollably. My bladder has always been an overactive bladder leading into incontinence I have doctors wanting to use me as a guinnie pig with meds and the first med gave me symtoms of a heartattack and I refuse to take them I am perfectly happy in diapers.