LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Sciencescribbler, thank you so much for passing this along to us! I definitely felt that... being unable to feel or go while seated at work compounded with the focus of work... A standing work station would alleviate that, plus they say that is healthier in general. I might need to invest in that.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that is interesting! So those stretches in the first link can speed up our process? I tried the first exercise and definitely felt the relaxation, but the warnings at the end didn't make sense to me. That stretching too much would be problematic? Can you explain that

Spargano

Scribbler

Your answer is at leat interesting to those of us that are curious, and that is really all we ask!

Now, about YOU. Your anxiety issues are really much more important than whether or not and how you use diapers. You know, diapers have these sensitive, delicate feelings! They get lonely sitting in packages in warehouses and on shelves when they aren't hugging someone's middle. They get jealous of the potty monster and cry when you sit on it or stand next to it and pee! And they are grief-stricken when you take them off and toss them out, but they haven't been peed in or pooped on, and their wails tell everyone around that you didn't *REALLY* need them. The only way to redeem yourself after such unspeakable cruelty is to purchase a certain obscure bridge I have for sale in Brooklyn!

Now, getting back to reality, the drugs you may be getting from your shrink tend to play games with the way you pee. You may want to ask your urologist about flomax(tamsulosin). Also, your feelings about incontinence are understandably mixed, so admit to yourself that you are playing around at it and relax. Nothing stops you from being diapered whenever it makes you feel better, and using the pot when you feel like that by just pulling down your diaper. For my part, I like my diapers, but I won't wear them in a canoe (jump in and swim when you want to pee), or when I am hiking with a group (too much chance of chafing my legs), but I also became aware that one of he older members of the club had padding available in his car one day, so I think he was wearing protection on the trail.

I have also had some anxiety issues, and my GP suggested I try guided imagery CDs from www.healthjourneys.com, twice a day for about two months. They are in the ten to twenty dollar range, and the one I have from Belleruth Naperstek, "a meditation to help you relieve DEPRESSION" and onecalled "energy Awareness Meditation" by Sudhir Jonathan Foust switch back and forth in the CD player with the headphones by my bedside. I personally don't get along so well with "Inner Child Healing", as it has a story in it that bothers me.

I have also been helped in the past by in-person meditation classes, both a sress relief class through the local hospital and a completely independent Tai Chi class I took for a few years. For Tai Chi, look for a class that emphasiEs the meditation aspects of whatever form they teach.

i have also encountered "mood Gym" omline, but I didn't follow through so I can't say anything. It is a project of the Australian NHS, but they don't care if you are australian or not.

Finally, quoting the famous physicist Wolfgang Pauli, "your job is to contradict everything I say in the strongest possible terms". Feel free to run this by others and do your own research.

• 4 weeks later...

Scribbler:

Good to know a cause has been found....THAT is most important...the value of Daily Di is that you aren't committed here, as there are plenty of part-time incons on the board, we understand about feeling safer and needing diapers even if they don't get wet or messy...

• 1 month later...

Then perhaps you can try my approach- wearing 24/7 and letting whatever happens just go ahead and happen ;) If it's right for you it will happnew, if it's not right it won't. I spent more of the last two years in pull-ups than tape-on diapers because I wanted to be able to pee in the bathroom easily while wearing 'diapers'. Now that I've discovered that diaper changes aren't as much of an issue as I thought they would be that pattern has reversed and life is better B)

I went through similar epiphanies, Scribbler. It's when you let it go that you realize what is or is not needed. Like you, I discovered I cannot go without diapers and like Bettypooh states, letting it happen as it happens is right :)

So what exactly did your friend say and what were you wearing?

Spargano

It's just so rare that people catch us, so it was to see either if a) you were dressed in appropriately and B) how the interaction played out because a) it was not a fantasy as some stories and B) it could be a teaching tool for people who fear this.

Your explanation was excellent and informative. It just shows some people can tell.

Spargano

Not at all :) it is beneficial and I made a thread in lifestyles about people being able to tell, in which I was pushed to accept awareness is a rarity.

For example, when I was dating my wife I wore dry24's on several occasions but when I told her about my diapers she had no idea. And she changed diapers for children with disabilities at a special school, so I was surprised she would not notice. Her mother did notice and when I told her she told me she already knew.

I am happy you see this as a check and balance and also that you are making progress.

Spargano

I'm sure that more people know I wear diapers than I am aware of. The thing is that I have no problem with that, even though that is certainly not my goal. My wearing is not a problem with me so if there is a problem it has to be them, and if it's their problem they can keep it- I have enough problems in life without taking on their problems too :o A simple answer to any questions of my wearing is that wearing diapers is certainly better than going around in wet pants or peeing on their furniture- or would they prefer that I do that instead? <_< Kind of makes it clear to them that if they lacked bladder control, they would be wearing diapers too :lol: so what's the problem? There ain't a problem except for the small-minded stupid people of the world which we aren't allowed to deal witrh properly. But we can let them do theirself in and we should.

• 2 weeks later...

I am sure it is a combination of things

1. excellent diapering technique (right diaper, right size, right changing time)

2. you know what your limits are

3. you don't suffer polyuria :) so your floods are normal and the diaper can handle it. Most leakers are from people throwing so much urine and so fast that no diaper can keep up...

ScienceScribbler,

I also almost never have diaper leaks even though I wear 24/7/365 for severe urge incontinence and do not change after each wetting but only when diaper is reaching its capacity. My "secret" is wearing a high-quality diaper (Abena Level 4), taping it on skillfully and knowing how to judge its capacity so that I don't oversoak it. People who experience many leaks are IMHO either not wearing a high-quality diaper, not taping the diaper on properly, or not properly judging their diaper's capacity. Also, unless I completely misunderstand things, many diaper fetishists actually enjoy leaks at least to some extent.

I wear diapers for Incontinence and leaks are seldom if you know your diapers limit theres a few times where I cant change right away and leaks occur or sometimes the bottom tapes pop off on one or bothsides and dont know it and leaks occur but these are few and non frequent.

Nevertheless.... A leak is always a possibility. Something can go wrong. A popped tape, a pinhole leak, a wetting that should have been smaller becoming huge.

Still, it can be a smaller risk with experience and redundancy protective measures :)

Spargano

I have never understood the need to be incontinent. I mean I do wear 24/7, but I never have had this desire to lose control completely. I mean, I know it is happening, if I am tired I often don't even realize when I wet myself, about once a week I wake up wet. I have never made the active choice to lose it all though. I just liked wearing and using a diaper. I still like being diapered.

• Like 2

Sooner or later everyone who uses a diaper as intended will have a leak n:o The rest of the equation is variable- when, why, how bad etc. :whistling:As long as you're ready for it, it isn't often a big problem, and most of the preparation is mental- kind of like having a ready explanation for wearing ;) Once you learn your preferred diaper's limits it won't happen often. My leaks are usually for not changing soon enough while knowing I need to, thus I blame only me when that happens!

Sooner or later everyone who uses a diaper as intended will have a leak n:o The rest of the equation is variable- when, why, how bad etc. :whistling:As long as you're ready for it, it isn't often a big problem, and most of the preparation is mental- kind of like having a ready explanation for wearing ;) Once you learn your preferred diaper's limits it won't happen often. My leaks are usually for not changing soon enough while knowing I need to, thus I blame only me when that happens!

• 2 weeks later...

Look on the bright side :) at least the shame and worry is all in your head. You have a urologist who sanctioned your use of protection. Urge incontinence is on your medical record. Medical therapy failing is in your medical record. Wherever you go, you can write incontinent down and it is legit (even if it is not as complete as you want).

At this juncture I can just say enjoy the ride and let things take their course in the amount of time they will take. How is your back? That is more of a real concern than progress on something you already have a permission slip to use freely :)

Spargano