LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapered for At Least Two Months

I know it isn't the answer you want to hear, but to prevent nighttime leaks, cloth is going to be involved in one form or another. I use cloth diapers at night and seldom have a leak. Another solution is to wear something like the Baby Pants training pant over the disposable and a waterproof pant over that. Another solution is to wear a heavy disposable with a booster pad and something like the Abena elastic pant over the diaper and a waterproof pant over the whole works. I've used all of these at one time or another with a cloth bed pad as insurance.

I'm surprised the Lasix has such a continuing effect on you. When I took it, the first few days were miserable. I peed almost continuously. After a while, though, I reverted to a more normal output. Then it was a case of what went in, came out. So, unless you're drinking an awful lot of water, I'd think you shouldn't be having as much problem as you are.

Have you tried taking the pill in the morning, just after you get up? A friend of mine does that. The main effect of the pill wears off in about 3-4 hours. After that, he can leave the house with no problem.

I have to admit, you have me stumped. I can't imagine why you're releasing so much urine at night when you take the diuretic first thing in the morning and especially since you've been on it for quite a while. My experience and that of my friends who take Lasix is that it has its primary effect in the hours shortly after it's taken. After that, it just assures that whatever amount goes in, also comes out.

I also can't imagine why you haven't been able to come up with a cloth diaper combination that will work comfortably through the night. Currently, I use a single heavy night diaper. In previous times, I've layered two or three lighter diapers together to achieve the required absorbency. The lighter diapers have the advantage of drying faster when you launder them than a single heavier diaper does. The single diaper is slightly easier to put on, but both ways work and I've seldom experienced any leaks.

I hope you're making progress toward becoming continent again.

DavidMW,

I've been reading diaper forums for many years, and one of the most popular topics concerns people's efforts to become incontinent. Typically, people who try to become incontinent report a lot of frustration and very slow progress (if any). Your rapid progress toward incontinence and the difficulty that you are now having trying to undo the process and stop unconscious bed wetting are very, very unusual. Off the scale, really.

A couple of things come to mind about your situation. The first is that maybe what you're telling us is fantasy. If that's the case, fine. I have no problem with that. I think a lot of what we read on forums like this is fantasy.

However, if your problems re-establishing bladder control are real, I'm concerned that your initial attempt to become incontinent may have coincided with the development of a physical problem with Incontinence. In that case, you need to seek out a thorough medical investigation of your situation.

They say that a habit can be formed in about 66 days, and he's had practice at this sort of training in the past so many of the hurdles others face were already dealt with. While I see the need for concern, in all likelihood he hit the right combination of situation and motivation and got what he 'wished for'.

DavidMW, I congratulate you on your progress, both in becoming functionally incontinent and again reversing it. This is something I truly wish I had the ability to do. Unfortunately I'm already urge incontinent and just don't have that control to consciously give up.

I agree that the key to becoming incontinent is continuous practice. David is a unique situation to do that. Most DLs need to go to work or have other real life activity interruptions. Basically, you can't be continent sometimes and incontinent at other times. While wearing diapers you may learn how to wet them and get used to wearing them, but it will almost always be a conscious activity. It isn't until you're able to wear diapers and make a concentrated effort to keep the muscles "down there" relaxed and let the natural bladder contractions take over without interruptions that real incontinence will be established.

I beg to differ....absent physical constraints, we become what we practice. I personally found it possible to be dry at night but wetting during the day. The wife in the bed was a very strong motivator! it took about two months for it to be too routine to continue the work.

Hey Baby Brian

Just a quick reminder that my personal experience with supplementing Vitamin D and calcium was that it allowed a scar in my intestines to heal over a period of a year or two. I am thinking that might help your urgency issues while you work on that sphincterotomy and/ or botox treatment.

Good luck!

Me, DailyDi has taught me that my love of being in diapers is actually pretty ordinary, and I shouldn't feel bad about making myself feel better or need incontinence as an excuse to do so. I still play at it, though, but also recognize it as such.