LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Snap-on panties always undergo more stress than pull-on's so they need to be made of more durable materials/ 3 ot 4 mil material is just plain too thin to stand up to it. Since I know nothing about the items you are discussing I cannot make a judgement. Therefore, I cannot make an intelligent comment

It would also be nice if you supplied links to the places that are not that well known

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am told that comco has gone out of production. Comco was the equivalent of Sears Best, the top of the line BabyMates and most premium baby panties. If that is true then we need a replacement for them. This means a panty made of more than 5 mil thick material and the material must be smooth (Babykins are not acceptable here since they feel like sandpaper, full-cut), at least 10" from wast to leg openings at the shortest point on each side, a crotch of 10" or more and at a competitive proce

Your chart says how "soft" the material is, not how smooth at least 80% of the time and that and the thickness are the most important things

Thank you. I do a review "column" here, see the link.

Despite the high level of knowledge and quality of work, I have no help nor am I paid or subsidized I would go broke trying to review them all. I have tried to interest others in this endeaver and propared a downladable template to just fill in the information, then you just select all, copy, create a post, move some pictures then give me the link and I likk to it and credit the author but nobody seems interested

If I could get a few pairs and physical swatches of the materials or if I could have some help from others willing to do it right that might be more feasible

• 3 weeks later...

I am trying to get L.L> Medico to carry LeakMaster (hopefully under a mre AB friendly name) Deluxe and a snap-on version of the same as standard fare. rather than special order Since there are no more Comco and since this is the closest thing to a "Sears Best" and "BabyMate" top of the line, this seems to be the best choice. The shape and material are better than the Babykins 006 and as good or a bit better than the Comco they would be replacing

Also, I am trying to get my hands on the samples of the other materials that Gary uses and also see if it can be sold in sheets

Now what we need to know is if there would be a reasonable market for the pull-on and snap-on. This appears to be our best hope for a ready Comco replacement. This means they would have to buy them in job lots. Therefore, I would like to see if there would be enough interest. If the money is there, L.L. Medico may be willing to tweak the business model to do this. Also, I believe Comco sold to institutions

We have so many options out there right now why not try something to replace the old. With the pants made by Gary, Babykins and the others there has to be a better pant then was offered by Comco.

Do not bet on it. Comco was a mainstay from about 1986 to the last day of it's production. They pretty much had it all as the iconic baby panty. Why not try and replace the '57 Chevy or the '63 Corvette for which persons pay half their soul> they were heavyweight and sturdy, right shape and right feel and worked well. Read my revuews. The only replacemtn I see for that would be the Gary LeakMaster Deluxe and a snap-on version thereof, which, would, in some ways, be better. I am trying toa bring those into the mainstream as the replacemtn

• 2 weeks later...

How many persons would be interested in a Comco replacement in pull-on and snap-on? We would like to see what the market is like and this would be the closest thing to Comco that can be had

• 2 weeks later...

I am sure something will turn up as a regularly available item that will be as good or better by mid-January

The label on mine seems to be on the wearer's left (standard location for women's underwear), it might be slightly to the front of center.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just checked the LL Medico site. The Comco-style 007 milky white material is now available as a normal option in both pull-on and snap-on, of which you can read my reviews from my siggy

http://www.llmedico.com/

• 3 years later...
On 11/5/2013 at 1:25 PM, babystevie said:

I love the texture on the outside of the blue & pink stars from Baby Pants. Reminds me of the old baby panties I used to wear.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers the old baby pants we used to have back in the 50-60's.  

On 11/14/2013 at 12:48 PM, LLMedico.com said:

I'm sorry about that. All of our plastic and urethane materials are smooth to the touch. There is no "gritty" feeling to them.

Some of us still enjoy the matted texture baby pants, like the blue and pink star pants.  I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I enjoyed them.  I also miss the fragrances that those pants had back in the 60's.  Most were impregnated with lanolin.  I wish I could find them with that scent today. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/30/2017 at 4:39 PM, Sticks said:

Some of us still enjoy the matted texture baby pants, like the blue and pink star pants.  I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I enjoyed them.  I also miss the fragrances that those pants had back in the 60's.  Most were impregnated with lanolin.  I wish I could find them with that scent today. 

I like the textured pants myself.  Not an absolute must have, but it reminds me of the ever elusive Gerber style pants.  Which must explain why I like my one remaining pair of VIP pants so much.  And lanolin.  I did not know that.  You can still buy lanolin and rub it on for that scent...   

Generally speaking, the textured , or as was called for some 50 years, 'grainy" or "scratchy" was viewed as inferior and was associated with poverty. Panties sold under the same name, like "BabyMate" (Adams and Brooks in the 1970's and 89's) which were of smooth material were about 20-25 cents more expensive per pair than the grainy material. The Kleinerts adult size panties of the 1960's were a smooth material, by 1979, they had become grainy. The founder of A.C. Medical has said that the pits in the grainy material provides havens for gemers that the smooth material does not. Someone here posted that the "colonders" that rolled the material into sheets, in some cases, were either inferior or had some foreign matter on them and to cover up for that, the sheeting was made grainy and called "embossed", "testured" or "taffeta" to create the impression that this was deliberate. To me, it just feels cheap. I do not even recall seeing that kind of material before I was 7. I thought it was trying to imitate some kind of cloth material at which it was doing a horrible job

On 30-12-2017 at 10:39 PM, Sticks said:

If you don’t mind buying stuff internationally this could proof to be very interesting for you. The manufacturer of these pants still uses a structured type of vinyl and the pant is lanolin scented. I like them myself a lot. There is a down side to it, the crotch aria is rather narrow I am afraid yet functional. They come in two styles pull on and snap on. It is a German site but there is something like google translate and such. Anyway here is the link: https://www.saveexpress.de/en/inkontinenz-mehrweg-reusable/baby-doux