Gennie

FIrearms  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own a firearm?

• Yes, I do
    • No, I don't
    • Had some, they're gone
    • I've been thinking about getting one.

A lot of places have laws like that. Further restricting who cannot have a weapon is detreminal to the whole idea, here in America anyway, with the 2nd amendment. By all means some people should not own guns. But in many places too many law abiding people are put in those categories. Just because Joe's wife is crazy, and put a restraining order on him years ago, shouldnt disqualify him. Just because a fellow Soldier comes home with PTSD shouldnt instantly strip his second amendment rights. The examples go on and on. People need to face the fact, criminals don't follow the law. Also assault weapons (specifically semiautomatic rifles) one year accounted for less than 2% of all gun crime, and less than 0,7% of gun homicides. The majority of crime is committed with handguns.

I am all for gun ownership with no bans or limits. However, I personally do not own a gun anymore. During a low point in my life I almost killed myself with one of my guns, so I got rid of them. I realize not having a gun makes me a potential victim, but I don't want to be a victim of my own bad choices, either.

These "mass shootings" happen cause society doesnt cater to those who are mentally ill. And the media is quick to blow up the situation, giving these guys a one way ticket to being a celebrity. Columbine, Sandy Hook, as well as several other shootings, the weaoons were obtained illegally anyway, no law would have stopped them from committing these attrocities.

A significantly larger reason few people think about and address or care to fix for the matter, that there are such.'bad' massacres is because they happen in gun free zones. There is no such thing as a gun free zone, its a neologism where everyone believes gun crime wont happen merely cause a sign says so. 2.5 million times a year in the US a gun stops a crime from happening. In 98% of those cases the weapon is never fired.

Most other countries also have higher crime rates, somethimg that isnt said either. There are 400 violent offenses per 100,000 here im the US. In the UK, one of the most violent countries in the EU its over 2000. In Canada which also has strict control, its around 700.

Hitting someone with your fist, rape, home invasion, and abduction etc (violent crime) are very related matters to guns. As they are prevalent in areas in areas with fewer guns. The UK banned pretty much all firearms in the early 2000s. The murder, assault, homeinvasion, and abduction rates increased 125-175% the following year. Inversley a town in Georgia passed a requirment for every household to own at least one firearm. Granted it probably wasnt enforced, the property crime rate decreased 95%.

I am not here to tell anyone they need a firearm for protection. I am here to place facts and logic before emotional bias, which represents the majority of anti-gun arguments. I dot get mad when the guy in front of me buys a different sandwich at subway. Why are people mad at me for exercising my right to bear arms? Particularly when my weapons will not be used to commit a crime or kill innocents. Why are they trying to control what kind of rifle I can or cannot have, soley because they 'look' scary? Also, all the beauracratic nonsense I have to go through just to maintain or buy weapons, cause some individuals are crazy. Its ridiculous.

• Like 1

Hitting someone with your fist, rape, home invasion, and abduction etc (violent crime) are very related matters to guns. As they are prevalent in areas in areas with fewer guns. The UK banned pretty much all firearms in the early 2000s. The murder, assault, homeinvasion, and abduction rates increased 125-175% the following year. Inversley a town in Georgia passed a requirment for every household to own at least one firearm. Granted it probably wasnt enforced, the property crime rate decreased 95%.

I am not here to tell anyone they need a firearm for protection. I am here to place facts and logic before emotional bias, which represents the majority of anti-gun arguments. I dot get mad when the guy in front of me buys a different sandwich at subway. Why are people mad at me for exercising my right to bear arms? Particularly when my weapons will not be used to commit a crime or kill innocents. Why are they trying to control what kind of rifle I can or cannot have, soley because they 'look' scary? Also, all the beauracratic nonsense I have to go through just to maintain or buy weapons, cause some individuals are crazy. Its ridiculous.

again I agree, demonizing a weapon because it "looks" scary, calling them "assault rifles" because why? it has a pistol grip? its ridiculous!

• Like 1

• Like 1

I not only own, but also CCW every day or open carry. Am in the process of getting my FFL license also. Our 2nd amendment right guarantees by our Creator we have the right to keep and bear arms to keep our government from doing something stupid...think it can't happen...German's thought the same thing, So have other countries. Think it can't happen here...the only way to control a population is to disarm it first...then you can tell them anything and what choice do they have ... but believe. If our Government sees American's as a terrorist threat from within...which gunowners and sexual deviant's are by the FBI and DOJ...along with so called Constitutionalist. Thinking our government has no rights, not granted by the people ... well then they're terrorist...Christian's and other religious believers...TERRORISTS

I not only own, but also CCW every day or open carry. Am in the process of getting my FFL license also. Our 2nd amendment right guarantees by our Creator we have the right to keep and bear arms to keep our government from doing something stupid...think it can't happen...German's thought the same thing, So have other countries. Think it can't happen here...the only way to control a population is to disarm it first...then you can tell them anything and what choice do they have ... but believe. If our Government sees American's as a terrorist threat from within...which gunowners and sexual deviant's are by the FBI and DOJ...along with so called Constitutionalist. Thinking our government has no rights, not granted by the people ... well then they're terrorist...Christian's and other religious believers...TERRORISTS

The United States and Australia are the only two 'armed' first world nations. I used the quotes on armed because of the prevalence of illegal weapons in Russia, Mexico, (Yes Mexico is TECHNICALLY a 1st world nation, under the same technicality that the US is right now. We are technically self-sufficient with a positive GDP....) and a few other countries. I also do not include Switzerland because while every male possesses a gun, gun ownership is low. They are all state owned guns. Also Germany and a few other European nations do allow firearms (Even England) but they are VERY regulated.

I own several guns. I think everyone should that can legally have one. I also think schools should be forced to teach our child gun safety, and allow our teachers to carry concealed weapons if they choose. People that view guns as this evil big scary thing need to have a reality check. DUI/DWIs kill more people than gun violence in the US. My personal opinion.

I own several guns. I think everyone should that can legally have one. I also think schools should be forced to teach our child gun safety, and allow our teachers to carry concealed weapons if they choose. People that view guns as this evil big scary thing need to have a reality check. DUI/DWIs kill more people than gun violence in the US. My personal opinion.

I agree, infact im considering