Gennie

FIrearms  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own a firearm?

• Yes, I do
    • No, I don't
    • Had some, they're gone
    • I've been thinking about getting one.

a weapon discussion where were not allowed to discuss the downsides with them.. like all the recent school killings..

Yes, the problem isnt the weapons them self, but the keepers/owners and the laws

Just got my carry permit. As far as guns i have the basic needs for hunting. Shot gun and a 30.06 and i have a 22 semi auto for personal protection.

ive been thinking of getting a concealed permit, I don't plan to carry a side arm, I don't even own one, YET, but its my understanding that it makes buying guns easier because the buyer would have already been cleared, and if I can find a professional instruction class it wouldn't be a bad idea to get in it.

I don't because I'm British and guns are vulgar. Tho I do have some airsoft guns but they don't count

I wont get into here, betty had to deal with a lot of hassle already because of the topic going offtrack, but I will say that as much as I hate guns I have to disagree

• 2 weeks later...

my take on this is that the 2nd amendment gives all us the right to have a gun to defend us from the government, as for gun i have a few and none would stop a home invasion but if i needed to defend my life or body i am happy their are there.

• 4 weeks later...

Theres a huge shroud of perpetuating fallacy when it comes to firearms. Most of it driven on emotion, rather than logic and reason. A lot of statistics, like guns make homes less safe, 10 children die everday, gun ownership is proportionate to gun crime, are all very untrue statements thrown around by The Brady Bunch, amd other anti-gun groups and people.

A firearm in the right hand is a good mitigator to a crime in progress. In a world where everyone is at risk I dont see a logical reason why anyone would not want to secure their property, or their lives with one. Portrayals that weapons are these evil devices made to kill innocent people is silly. They are nothing more then tools that require immense care.

• Like 2

Theres a huge shroud of perpetuating fallacy when it comes to firearms. Most of it driven on emotion, rather than logic and reason. A lot of statistics, like guns make homes less safe, 10 children die everday, gun ownership is proportionate to gun crime, are all very untrue statements thrown around by The Brady Bunch, amd other anti-gun groups and people.

A firearm in the right hand is a good mitigator to a crime in progress. In a world where everyone is at risk I dont see a logical reason why anyone would not want to secure their property, or their lives with one. Portrayals that weapons are these evil devices made to kill innocent people is silly. They are nothing more then tools that require immense care.

I agree completely.

I have over 30 guns and another one (SIG556R) waiting at the dealers to pick up.

I am also one of those that has had to use a gun to stop an assault by a couple of Spanish speaking "gentlemen". All I had to do was show them I was not going to go down easy and they left. I didn't report it and I'm sure they didn't either! That happens some 2 million times a year too.

I carry a .45 Kimber with night sights and laser every day. I do noght security work and while not required by the job my employer does know I carry at work. Did get both my wife and one grandson to take NRA courses, tonight my grandson asked when we were going again. Did go out paintballing for his birthday too.