LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

So anywho...

I wear cloth at times, flannel seems to be the issue. But the smell after peeing..........yuck! It's like rotten Doritos. Any help? How do I neutralize odor? It's nasty. I do drink beer....is that the issue?

This was covered in another thread, though I don't know where....possibly in the 'washing your diapers' thread, or something like that :blush:

Anyway, the issue is how you are washing AND drying your diapers. Wash them in hot water with what ever detergent you use, and add a little white vineger to the wash as well, double rinse them if you can. Then, when you dry them, (and this is critical) you need to make sure they are D*R*Y..not damp or partially dry, but D*R*Y. This is hard to do if you have thick bulky cloth, and flannel is hard enough to dry, but with multiple layers it just takes a lot longer.

The reason for this is if you don't dry them all the way through, then it gives bacteria a chance to develop and grow, and thats whats causing the odor you smell.

SO cleaning them throughly, and drying them throughly in the dryer or on a line out in the sun will help a lot. You have to make doubly sure they are dry, dry,dry all the way through before you fold them up and put them away, or you will be growing bacteria again and the smell will come back.

Something else that helps in the drying phase is when the load is almost done, or part way dry, toss in a dry bath towel into the dryer with the damp diapers. This helps remove moisture and raise the temperature and speeds up the drying time and helps fluff things up, and kill off bacteria :thumbsup:

Give that a shot and good luck! ;)

OH! and here is the link to the other thread where this subject is discussed more in depth.

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=34268

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

This was covered in another thread, though I don't know where....possibly in the 'washing your diapers' thread, or something like that :blush:

Anyway, the issue is how you are washing AND drying your diapers. Wash them in hot water with what ever detergent you use, and add a little white vineger to the wash as well, double rinse them if you can. Then, when you dry them, (and this is critical) you need to make sure they are D*R*Y..not damp or partially dry, but D*R*Y. This is hard to do if you have thick bulky cloth, and flannel is hard enough to dry, but with multiple layers it just takes a lot longer.

The reason for this is if you don't dry them all the way through, then it gives bacteria a chance to develop and grow, and thats whats causing the odor you smell.

SO cleaning them throughly, and drying them throughly in the dryer or on a line out in the sun will help a lot. You have to make doubly sure they are dry, dry,dry all the way through before you fold them up and put them away, or you will be growing bacteria again and the smell will come back.

Something else that helps in the drying phase is when the load is almost done, or part way dry, toss in a dry bath towel into the dryer with the damp diapers. This helps remove moisture and raise the temperature and speeds up the drying time and helps fluff things up, and kill off bacteria :thumbsup:

Give that a shot and good luck! ;)

OH! and here is the link to the other thread where this subject is discussed more in depth.

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=34268

Try adding a 1/4 cup of chlorine bleach to the wash water. It will kill all bacteria.