LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Five Guys Burgers and Fries

Now to the best and most memorable Burger I have ever had....was back when I was driving trucks and stopped off the 99 on my way to Modesto, at a little stand called "The Big Orange" it was just a round metal shack right off the freeway, painted orange to look like... an Orange :P

They had burgers and Lemon aid, and possibly a couple of other things....but that was about it. Burgers were grilled on a BBQ grill....thats REAL char grilling!...and O**M**G! talk about awesome....just plain yummy. Again, not cheap, but it was a type of mom and pop kind of place, and yet the (dirt) parking lot was always FULL of trucks....to bad they shut down and are no longer around (probably due to freeway expansion/widening and improvements)...*sigh* that was back in the '90's and yet here it is 20 years later and I *STILL* remember that burger....THATS what makes a great burger!! if they were still around I'd be up there as much as possible..but no :(

So it's what ever we have left locally...*shrug* but again...not 5 guys.. :P

I believe you are talking about a mammoth orange drive in. It was a Orange juice and burger stand out on "99" there used to be a bunch of them in the early 80's when I was stationed out in CA. The building was as you describe. I ate at one, but that could change at different locations. I remember it melting in my mouth, mmmmmmm. Like you said a real burger isn't flat topped, nor should any steak be. A real grill and hopefully not a gas one. That's the way to go! :)

Back in 1991 when I first fell in love with Don, he still owned a Beech King Air twin-engine turboprop. Frequently we would fly to small airports where he knew the food was good.

It's really fun to read everyone's different opinions on 'Five Guys'. There seems to be a lot of hype about it in the last year or two. I tried their double cheeseburger about two months ago and was underwhelmed as well. The mayonnaise was the exact same as the disgusting hydrogenated paste that 'Jack-In-The-Box' uses. The bread was a giant mushy wet white ball of dough like wonder-bread use to be. The meat was, just meat, nothing too awful; but nothing too flavorful either. It was just a big $12 mess. It tasted a lot like that 'Ultamate Cheeseburger' garbage that Jack-In-The-Box use to sell (maybe they still do?).

Personally I mix chopped onions and a touch of fresh sausage in my burgers, add a few secret sauces and spices, then mix it all in a fresh Black angus ground. Cooked on a hickory and Charcoal grill, fresh vegetables from a back yard garden. I defy anyone to try mine and say they aren't the best burger :P

DINNER AT REPAID1'S *drools*

yeha there is a 5guys place by my house. Prioces are way too high, and the burgers a really lacking. Does nobody know what seasonings are anymore? ugh. I went there once, and don't really plan on going back. Honestly, better off just grabbing a burger from burger kind or McDonalds or something.

Chains cannot make the best burgers <_< They simply don't have the time it takes to pay the special attention to everything that "the best" always requires. I've had good and bad burgers from everywhere, including Quaker Steak, Fuddruckers, and the usual lower-cladss chains. Ditto for privately owned restaurants. But only the private ones ever rated top-notch because they added one special ingredient that no chain store has got- a true personal love for doing the best burger possible no matter what that took :D Kind of like repaid1's grill :thumbsup:

"Sesam", has/had the best burgers near where I live

I have not bought anything there for like 5 years, but back then they only had burgers and always won the best burger of the city

Now they also sell pizza, but the fact that its still there must mean they still have good food

Another poster mentioned local mom and pop joints. I agree with that though it can be hit and miss. Some of the best food I've ever had are at the old school diners and dives.

Burgers are like pizza for me, I LOVE a good burger, but I have NEVER had one even halfway decent that was homemade. Try as I might, I just can't get everything perfect like a chain can. Personally, I'd rather eat a McDouble than any homemade burger I've ever had.

I forgot about Habit burgers..they are OK I guess. I drive by one daily yet hardly go in anymore *shrug* They aren't what I consider 'cheap' but not as high as 5 guys :P I think they 'might' be on par with In & Out..I have to go back sometime and check..it's been a while since I ate there...nice fall back for Carl's ;)

I would like to publicly state, that my offer for burgers only goes towards those actively involved within this thread to date. And it ain't a mansion but the back yard is big enough and I have two grills and a new swimming pool, which I request that you all don't pee in! :P

• Like 1

I would like to publicly state, that my offer for burgers only goes towards those actively involved within this thread to date. And it ain't a mansion but the back yard is big enough and I have two grills and a new swimming pool, which I request that you all don't pee in! :P

I'll cook :D