LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Advice for upcoming urodynamic study

I have a urodynamic study coming up.

If I wanted to influence the results of the study in one direction or another, how would I best do that?

My motivation is to create a symptomatic picture of OAB and retention that allow me access to treatments that help me progress down the path toward incontinence. A key outcome of the resulting treatment could be a set of sphincters that are looser than before. This could be achieved through medication or surgery. Another goal might be to create an overflow condition by reducing the bladder's ability to empty. That, however is not something I see as desirable due to the risks associated with retention.

So, how to proceed?

One way in which I might want to influence the results is to create the impression of having an over active bladder. The question thus becomes how I could get my bladder to contract at low filling volumes or without any stimulation or continuously. Possibilities I can think of:

* Get my bladder used to low filling volumes only. This is achieved by never letting it fill much (2 or 3 oz threshold).

* Consume bladder irritants: caffeine, citrus fruit, vinegar, spicy foods. I could consume lots of those in the 24 hours before the study.

What other ways are there?

Are there other muscles I can use to enhance the impression of an OAB?

Another way in which I might want to influence the study is to create the impression of a much tighter bladder neck / sphincter than I actually have.

How would I do that?

A third way in which I might influence the study is to simulate retention. That's easy to do when peeing into a cup. Is it just as easy in a urodynamic study? How would I best achieve that?

What else should I consider?

If your intent is to fool a Doctor, you will need to know more than that Doctor knows about the subject :huh: I suggest that instead of doing anything else online you spend your time finding everything you can about urodynamic studies on medical sites- how they are done and the results interpreted- so that you can skew the results the way you want no matter how good the Doctor is. You're only going to get a limited result here from personal anecdotal experience, and your own experience will likely be different.

Based on my personal experience you don't need to fool any doctor during a urodynamic test. It's probably the most common test and yet the most flawed. I've had many of them done to me and all came back either normal or inconclusive yet I couldn't be farther from that. Just do what bettypooh suggested and follow the most believable set of symptoms. Maybe put emphasis on it hurting when your bladder is full (but don't over exaggerate it too much). When they put you on a medication research the side effects and report them to you doctor as being too much of a hassle while not delivering the full expectation of what the med is supposed to actually do (which is extremely typical).

I have a urodynamic study coming up.

If I wanted to influence the results of the study in one direction or another, how would I best do that?

My motivation is to create a symptomatic picture of OAB and retention that allow me access to treatments that help me progress down the path toward incontinence. A key outcome of the resulting treatment could be a set of sphincters that are looser than before. This could be achieved through medication or surgery. Another goal might be to create an overflow condition by reducing the bladder's ability to empty. That, however is not something I see as desirable due to the risks associated with retention.

So, how to proceed?

One way in which I might want to influence the results is to create the impression of having an over active bladder. The question thus becomes how I could get my bladder to contract at low filling volumes or without any stimulation or continuously. Possibilities I can think of:

* Get my bladder used to low filling volumes only. This is achieved by never letting it fill much (2 or 3 oz threshold).

* Consume bladder irritants: caffeine, citrus fruit, vinegar, spicy foods. I could consume lots of those in the 24 hours before the study.

What other ways are there?

Are there other muscles I can use to enhance the impression of an OAB?

Another way in which I might want to influence the study is to create the impression of a much tighter bladder neck / sphincter than I actually have.

How would I do that?

A third way in which I might influence the study is to simulate retention. That's easy to do when peeing into a cup. Is it just as easy in a urodynamic study? How would I best achieve that?

What else should I consider?

Aim for the Idiopathic OAB syndrome = no cause can be found for your problems.

Please be very, very careful about deceiving doctors. Treatments are always a risk/benefit analysis. The doctor is making mental calculations about the dangers of various treatment options compared to the symptoms he or she is seeing. They can't tell you all the risks because that would take hours. So when you fib to a doctor, you might well find yourself on the receiving end of a treatment that caries risks and side effects you may experience and regret.

• 2 weeks later...

I am actually having very mixed feelings about it...as I think the flomax may be making me feel a bit spacey (a dizzy feeling when my head turns) and I don't like that feeling. But I am not sure that isn't from something in my guts, as I am still trying to make those feel better.

Dill, I've been on flomax a couple of times now (it does nothing for my urges), and I can say it never affected my spacial awareness like you're describing. This could be a withdrawal symptom of the other meds you just got off of, or they could have been keeping you from feeling dizzy before without you even realizing it. Of course I'm no no doc and could be wrong. Make sure you mention this to you doctor next time around, but I'd still push for staying on the flomax if you're still liking it overall.

Thanks Brian

As we both note, the "spaciness" could be unrelated to the flomax...but I never would have had the flomax if I hadn't been tight from other drugs.

But it will be a bit before I have to make my decision, and I am doing a short trial of no drugs to see if it helps. There is a definite concern that the issue is alchohol being generated in my guts.

I never had the study, but after a surgery my digestive and urinary systems had to be 'jump-started' back into working properly as they had shut down. I had to be cathed to empty my bladder; luckily my bowels started back working through diet and on their own. In that process it was discovered I have a normal-sized bladder with a capacity of about 500mL even though it will release when around half full. They waited till they thought my bladder was full before cathing me and I felt miserable till they did that- I thought it was because of the surgery; I had no idea that my bladder was full :screwy: The pain and pressure I was feeling was unlike what I had felt when my bladder wanted release before so I never connected the two :blush:. And I was so heavily drugged that I didn't realize that I hadn't peed in days until the urologist pointed that out :o For me, as long as it's flowing I'm not going to be bothered with any medical work. If it stops flowing that could be serious so then I'll worry and set an appointment with my Doctor.

Like I said, the urodynamics test is a completely flawed. It seems like inconclusive is the normal test outcome. Funny on me; I too have the problem of expelling the catheter (even with my bladder so completely full). Told everyone there's not point in trying to fake this test- there's not point because the test will do it for you. I just can't understand why the urologist like to use it so much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Would someone please share their experiences on a more detailed level regarding urodynamics and the tests you are going through. And if possible how you can influence the results so that they somewhat reflects what you want.

My tightness is clearly a sid effect of other drugs I am taking, namely hyoscyamine and escitalopram. I can't help with urodynamixs, never having taken one. I am fooling around a bit with inducing temporary incontinence by dissolving hyoscyamine in plain cough syrup, diluting by 4, and instilling in the urethra. The urethra started spazzing out, then proceedings were interrupted and I haven't drunk much since then.