LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How many of you were made to wear diapers/nappies during long rides

That would suggest he had some kind of problem since any 6 or 7 year old could hold it for long enough to pull over, get out and find a spot. That was common going back to the early 1950's. The reason why girls at that age were in diapers was because they did not have the option to get out and go. Of course, in outheaserrn NE we had mostly wooded areas alognside the roads. This was before the Expressway system and a trip from Tiverton RI to Boston took two hours.later on it took less than an hour; even though the letal speed limit was 60 MPH, traffic moved at about 70

• Like 1

What did you have for roads? and what were you doing going 50-60 MPH on them? in 1952 Rt 6 had a 45 MPH speed limit and it was well paved Rt 138 to Boson varied between 35 and 20 and there were plaenty of wooded areas. What did parents do for themselves? I get the impression that there was probably an hour between cars and 75 miles between gas and eateries in that area, which really is not representative of most of the nation. And in those days, diapers were a big deal because they were pretty thick and you needed rubber panties, to and the regular underwear to change back into, and a changing spot. The kids probably hated it. I would have

That makes sense now. In my area, diapers and rubber panties were more a part of a little girl's life and, unless something was wrong, by age 6, almost exclusively little girl. If a girl put up too much of a fight, since mothers wanted to avoid spanking girls as it was considered to coarse, she would be tickled heavily until she could hardly move

To understnad this use the link to my blog

How fascinating that this topic has been bumped back to life.

I see that in different regions and in various decades parents had all kinds of ways of implementing just-in-case diapers. It makes me sad to learn some people got spanked because they resisted being diapered.

My experience was that always mom was very sweet explaining why just-in-case diapers were necessary. Of course everyone in my family knew that mom, granny and Aunt Betsy had no bladder control. Mom always told me that the hope was I would retain bladder control, but if not I should not fear diapers. Until I was 8 I assumed every kid I saw in a roadside restaurant also was wearing a diaper. Even after I saw a girl smaller than me use a ladies' room toilet I was not embarrassed that she saw mom diapering me.

Given that I reverted to bedwetting at puberty and lost my day control at 21 I realize that wearing all those just-in-case diapers prepared me for life as a urinary incontinent adult.

By the way, when I was a kid I saw many boys being diapered in ladies' rooms while on trips. Sure the proportion of diapered girls was higher, but it could be some of the boys were diapered outside ladies' rooms.

There was a division of labor. Diapers and things like that were strictly feminine things. Daddy was not really part of the nursery scene. He had other things to do

• 2 weeks later...

I was never made to wear but it should've been a thing. I was once in a six hour long car ride when I was 5 and remember waking up in the passenger's seat soaked. Fortunately this happened when we just made it back home so it was easy to change out of those wet pants.

Occasionally as a child. Obviously every road trip I did up until about the age of 7 (as I was in diapers anyway).

I have clearer memories of starting to need to wear diapers on road trips as an adult during untraining.