LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Preventing odor from pail

I've used "Stick Ups", which seem to work quite well. I found them at the dollar store selling 2 for a dollar. You might want to tape them to the inside of the lid, though--I've had trouble getting mine to stick to the plastic.

There are "Citrus Circles", "Arm & Hammer nursery freshener", both of which go inside the pail. "Diaper-Fresh" which goes on the used diapers before entering the pail. Lastly "Hamilton Beach True Air Odor Eliminator" which can be refilled with the pet filters for targeting the urine/fecal odor. Each of three have 3.5-4.5 star reviews with over 10 ratings on amazon for either pet odors (Hamilton) or the pail/diaper use. I've used the citrus disks. Once upon a time offered by DPF, then adultclothdiaper later. Can vouch for it. Purchased though have not arrived the Hamilton filter, for catching odors that escape the pail. -Blake-

Blake Jordan is correct.

With the correct diaper pail, the lid has an insert for the citrus circle.We always change this when it is diaper washing day.

Our pail also has a carbon filter so no smell at all and we only wash diapers once pre week.

Also,use the planet wise pul dipaer pail liners. Some up front cost for the nursery, but well worth it.

We have four diaper pail liners so we can rotate colors.

Blake Jordan is correct.

With the correct diaper pail, the lid has an insert for the citrus circle.We always change this when it is diaper washing day.

Our pail also has a carbon filter so no smell at all and we only wash diapers once pre week.

Also,use the planet wise pul dipaer pail liners. Some up front cost for the nursery, but well worth it.

We have four diaper pail liners so we can rotate colors.

I've used "Stick Ups", which seem to work quite well. I found them at the dollar store selling 2 for a dollar. You might want to tape them to the inside of the lid, though--I've had trouble getting mine to stick to the plastic.

Diapers in a open bag inside the pail, with a box of baking soda opened in between bag and pail. The bottom of the pail under the bag gets the old box of baking soda, which gets dumped on wash-day and the existing box rotated to the bottom with a new box added. The pail lid is air-tight and the diapers well-rinsed before they go in, and it seems to work fairly well. There's still some urine 'aroma' on opening the pail, but it dissipates quickly. My preferred method is to rinse well, then dump them in the washer with water and detergent in it. Washed with my work clothes every couple of days, there's no need for a pail and there are no odors to contend with. Best benefit is that it's super-cheap and easy.

Baking soda is a great idea, but if you rinse out cloth diapers really well before you put them in the pail, that will help, too. You can also add a little laundry soap such as Dreft or Purex.