LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Proposition H8 appeal dismissed, federal legal parts of DOMA ruled unconstitutional

I am gay and its nice to see this kind of change finally happening in the US. We've had legal gay marriages here in Canada for a few years. I think we might have been the first here in Saskatchewan back in 2003 iirc. The world didn't come to an end up here and it won't down there like those narrow minded religious wing nuts claim in your links FobiddenFruit. " Satan's agenda, eventually end marriage between opposite sex" gimme a break lol

Being gay and living in the states I very much welcome the SCOTUS decisions. While there are still 37 states that don't allow same sex marriage, mine being one of them, we are finally moving in the right direction on equality for everyone.

Guest Baby Rina

I might not be gay, but i will say this. Thank you, america and God for this wonderful thing. This is the next step closer to full and equal rights to all of our LGBTQA friends out there:)

• Like 1

Agreed- I have always stated that when you take on this issue without allowing religious beliefs to be used as argument points, there can be no other conclusion than to allow any two adult humans to marry if they want to :) Taking the TG and Intersex population into account, you cannot even define which is male and which is female without some uncertainty and without some error. Without that definition you cannot possibly set a class distinction of what is proper and what is not.

• Like 1

Sadly, SCOTUS didn't have the temerity to make that point, but at least they released the restrictions enabling class distinction to be held as proper regarding Federal marriage recognition. The States can still do as they please, but soon SCOTUS is going to see the next case in which they will not be able to dodge the real question as they did this time- the Constitutional demand that all States recognize the contracts, deeds, and marriages of all other States as being valid even if they could not have been legally created in that second State. The gutless buggers won't be able to dodge that one and now it will be coming soon :roflmao:

Yep, sounds like they're defending their right to tell others what to do without wanting the same thing done to them :screwy: Kind of like a conversation I had about DOMA, where the other people could not explain exactly what was being 'defended' and how having Gay marriage could be seen as attacking heterosexual marriage or caused it any harm

• 2 weeks later...

I'll agree with the dual dis-service happening. My personal feelings are that SCOTUS did it this way because they are too dam* gutless to simply address the real issue head-on so that the dissension ends and the world can move on :bash: There was at least some good in the ruling so possibly it will open doors that will lead to causing the real issue to be acted on sometime soon; that is the outcome I seek for there can be no argument that there is not any equal standard when it comes to marriage, the lack thereof, the personage involved in one, or the standards one State applies to another in this matter. There can only be some method proposed to end that discrimination and restore equality to all as our founding documents demands B)