LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Measuring For A Skirt

I have a spare tire of fat around my belly. For a waist measurement for a skirt, should I measure above the fat, or below it? Below the fat my narrowest point (for waist) and widest point (for hips) are like an inch apart.

Women's clothing is tough to measure for since their shape is much different, quite varied, and their clothing is not all cut the same because of that. The only way to know how a skirt will fit you is to try it on, or at least hold it up against yourself to get a good enough idea of the sizing to be able to make an educated guess :whistling: Skirts are more about hip size than waist size- just keep on mind that the waist is going to be smaller than the hip size by several inches. When I was more svelte I wore mostly size 8, but I needed a 10 in some clothes. Before and after my slimness I needed from a 12 to a 14 :( I dare say that much like you my tummy has grown :o and that makes fitting a skirt a real problem now :crybaby: The best way to get a grasp on what you need is to find an out-of-the-way thrift shop and try some on. Go for the more flared ones with a tummy like that as they will fit better than the slimmer ones. Styles made for the more mature woman will accomodate a male shape better too. If you're timid you can call them from a pay-phone first and ask if they mind a crossdresser dropping in to buy clothes- you'll be surprised at how many thrift stores who already have that kind of clientele and will welcome another! If you hit the right one, you might even find some fashion advice in the process- I know many whose stunning looks are the result of a thrift store owner's advice :P If that's more than you're ready to try then shop online with an eye on return policies :) Once you settle on a style and color, order two different sizes and return the one that doesn't fit. One last hint- diapering thickly will help with making your shape better under that skirt :lol: Just beware that you may like it so much that you find yourself needing more closet space soon :D

• Like 1

Thanks a lot! I should have posted a followup last night, oops! Well, in case it helps someone else: I went skirt shopping last night as an absolute newbie. Here are my findings:

I do not know how to deal with what a Boy would want in a skirt or dress. However here is my take, If you are diapered, or have a "spare tire" then I recommend high-waisted full-circle with an elastic waist. The same for dresses. The nice thing about being LG is that I would not be trying to pass as a lady so that coveres a multitude of body-shape sins

As far as where to shop, try ebay with "adult baby little girl" for keyworks, the place is crawling with them

Those of us not of the female sex can do well as LG. I saw a pic of a British artist over at GirlTalk. To who accepted an award en petite fille: an adorable dress, long blonde hair with a bow. Had it been a tiara I would have been TOTALLY eaten up with envy instead of just 90% so. I have some pictures of me in my "About Me" and my gallery

Did a little more shopping today. Some sizes are really wild. For example a Juniors M (7/9) looked like it was large enough (and it was!), but according to the charts I can find, that should never have fit me.

Women's clothing often ciomes with variations in the cut and styles ;) "Junior" is usually for slimmer shapes like late teens-early twenties. "Petite" is for shorter women but doesn't apply to skirts. "Women" is a bit more generously cut in the girth but not length. "Full figured" is for heavier shapes, remembering that women usually put body fat mostly on the thighs and butt instead of the tummy like men do. It's a crazy maze to find your way through :whistling: Then there are no real standards of sizing, rather a range that the manufactuirers are supposed to adhere to but never really do :rolleyes: Add in the widely varying bust sizes and now you can understrand why women try clothes on before they buy them B)

I guess this is now veering a little off topic for the thread, but I looked for tops tonight. I found that for the arms to work out and for it not to be too tight in my chest, that plus sizes were definitely the way to go (speaking of chests, I need to shave my tiny tuft of hair). The sleeves on long sleeve shirts were always too short. Oh, and this was a fun thing: Women's shirts have their buttons on the "wrong" side!