LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Just Enough Diaper

I rarely get to play in diapers but when I do I go at it pretty intensely for a few days. I've noticed something this time. Traditionally I've been into thick cloth diapers, multiple diapers, multiple liners and pins, plastic pants along with rubber bloomers, disposable over cloth or cloth over disposable... in short, elaborate, complex setups as if I was making up for lost time.

How I am diapered and pantied is a function of how i was as a "little girl" in the early-middle 1950' Now, most diapers were home made, which was well within the ability of any normal lady and the Depression was still fresh so it made no sense to pay more to buy what you could make at less cost. This also meant that the the diaper style varied with the person who made them: Standarization was not the rule and for babies, diapers served multiple duty as diapers, burp clothes, wash/wipe cloths and protectors

For littles the rules were a bit different. For a 6 year old, a baby diaper, if it would fit at all, would last for one wetting so chkldrens' diapers had to be different

I have only two kinds of diapers, both the same style, a T-shaped that requires only one pin. This may have been the pre-cursor to the countour/hourglass diaper. Heavy and light. But they can be worn in one of the following ways One light, One heavy, two lights, a light and a heavy or two heavy.

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=28199

This is what I have for panties

Then a snap-on plastic panty that is changed with the diaper;

Comco Snap On Panties

over that;

Babykins Rubber Panties

and a panty to match or at least go with what I am wearing: A girl thing

A. C. Medical High Waist Christy Diaper Panties

Comco Pull On Panties]

A. C. Medical Beta

There are two aspects of functionality for diapers:

1. The longer between changes the better so that the diapers can be worn singly or by twos to get up to 10 hours

2. simplicity. one pin is one pin, which menas only one adjustment

For panties, it is how much protection against leaks. I have seen recent recommendtations of: inffattsn 4 or 5 Toddlers, 2 to 4 and others 2 to 3 Now if you are going to be in the same diaper for 10 hours, and are active then your panties will move around so you want multiple pairs. There have been times when the inside of my third panty was a little wet in spots. For a little girl, one is part of her outfit and should match. Prior to the 1980's there were the 4 basic colors, white, yellow, pink and blue, then came prints and finally Gerber came in many solid colors; the four basics and I have seen orange, lavender and green

Sometimes here at home I engage in 'diaper play' by wearing minimal protection, then wearing it till it leaks and my pants get soaked :whistling: Where there are no possible bad consensuses it can be fun :D But to try something similar in public? Umm, not for me- thanks <_< The closest I will come to that is wearing a fresh pair of training pants for a trip to the corner store. I know they will last for the trip, with a little in reserve if that's needed :blush: Leaks or a 'dare' might make for fun fantasy, but the reality is different. Having BTDT, I prefer to have enough diaper capacity to spare so that it doesn't happen, as well as having a change handy if things take longer than expected or I discover myself leaking more than I planned :rolleyes: As unpredictable as my bladder is I dare not dare- YMMV

I do this also now and again, just because :P Just wanting to see what I can wear and how discreet it is. Actually did this yesterday with a 2x4x2 prefold and snap on pants. They fit under my jeans and didn't really show, which made me happy :D but the down side was that the diaper did really hold much. If I don't wear for a while, I tend ot flood instead of relaxing and just letting things go, and this didn't hold much as I ended up with a large puddle in the plastic pants :( It didn't leak thankfully, but there was a lot of sloshing going on :blush:

mostly this was a test to see how much this set up could hold, and I think if I didn't totally flood it all at once it might have worked better.

I will do this with cloth but NOT with disposables, been there done that. Thin disposables just leak period! so thats out of the picture.

My usual out and about diaper though is a secure Xplus, as they hold a lot, are discreet, comfortable and just work on all fronts (and backs) but I still, like you, want to tinker with something thiner and discreet, as a "just in case" diaper set up..*shrug*

I never really knew the capacity of the 2x4x2 before, so now I know it will work for light / moderate use and I have to be careful but there is still a place and time for that ;)

I have considered the flat 2 ply diapers as well, still on the fence about that, as I'm not a fan of folding diapers :badmood: spent most of my life doing that with what I used to use, and I'm over it :P

Like many others, I also have thick bulky diapers (4x8x4 and 4x10x4) that I enjoy, but they are less than discreet unless I wear my baggier jeans, but I don't like those as they just don't look right :blush: but they do hide a heavy diaper well :thumbsup: for "those times" when I want / need (psychologically) something like that.

So we keep on 'sperimenting and tinkering and playing...I guess thats all part of this silly thing we are all engaged in. I just have to think if I am going to be wearing tomorrow as I have a bit of a drive and meeting to go to, and I usually do wear to this....Grrrr...decisions decisions decisions! BAH!

Christine, thanks for the inspiration. Until I read your posts last year I'd assumed that one wants a bunch of material down the center line (between the legs). It's nice to have more options.

One of the things about diapers that you should understand is that it is better if the material be evenly distributed. This 3 full layers of material is better than 2 with a 2 or more layer "soaker"

How come?

Well, you want to move the wetness away from any part of the body as quickly as you can. Well, it is easier for wet to get through three layers than 4. Also, if the center area is thicker, as the thinner layers get soaked, the center will still be able to hold more which not only keeps that wet on the body but on the most sensitive part of the body

If you "wet like a baby" and do it a little at a time, absorbency shouldn't be a problem. I wear cloth but I rarely give it a good soaking all at once. If I wear too long, I might get "seepage," but generally I change before any leaks occur.