LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Forced Diaper History 2

DailyDi

Forced Diaper History? 2  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel that the use of diapers in a coercive fashion constitutes a form of child abuse?

• Yes - absolutely
    • Yes - But only if unrelated to toilet training
    • Yes - But only if done so nondiscreetly and/or accompanied by emotional degradation.
    • It depends
    • No
  2. 2. Do you feel forced diapering or threats contributed to your diaper desires today?

• Yes - Threats of diapers made me curious
    • Yes - Reliving the way i was parented
    • Yes - Other
    • No
    • N/A

for

Do you feel forced diapering or threats contributed to your diaper desires today?

i had to put n/a because im not sur if its related to me being an ab

So you suggest a three year old having a bit of a strop about wearing a diaper to bed should just be left to have an uncomfortable night? Or a child with special needs who has little or no bladder control who doesn't want to wear a diaper should be allowed to embarrass themselves in public? - Sometimes children don't want to do things they need to do from getting dressed in the morning to going to bed. As adults as cares we have responsibility to keep these children safe and well looked after. This includes making sure they hold hands when they cross the road, ensuring they are suitably dressed for the weather outside, and if the child needs to wear a diaper then that's what needs to happen. How DARE you suggest I'm abusive. The fact that you even think that makes me feel sick and reduced me to tears. Grats. - Personally I think that allowing a child to wet suffer the humiliation of wetting themselves in public/ wetting the bed is far more abusive and harmful to their development. But hey, what would I know.
Lanthey, You are correct in that children don't want to do what they need to or should at times, but thats only because they sometimes don't have a point of reference. You're God daughter balks at changing into a diaper for bed because of "XYZ" reason, then let her go with out and learn the hard way when she wakes up soaked. Yes it will be inconvenient but she's only 3, and has worn diapers all her short life and doesn't know any different. Maybe she knows her body better then you do and she can stay dry at night, but only wakes up in a soggy diaper because she is wearing it. IF she wakes up in a soggy bed though, then you 'gently' remind her of her choice and help her learn that there are consequences to their choices and actions, and that meybe it's better to wear a diaper to bed until that time when she can stay dry :) Same for a child that has day control issues but doesn't want to wear or use protection..Sometimes kids have to learn the hard way...and this is called "tough love'. You don't scold them or demean them after your predicted even happens (IE a wet bed or wet pants etc) but gently remind them of their choice and you complied to let them go with out any protection, but only after you had made the suggestion in the first place to wear something to protect clothing and furniture. Saying "I TOLD YOU SO" accomplishes nothing, but a gentle reminder that you suggested it in the first place because you care and want to help them with staying dry and getting a good nights sleep and being comfortable, it's your job as a parent....(kids sometimes don't 'get' this), and again, they have to learn the hard way. I don't think Angela meant any harm in her comment, and she, like many of us here is only trying to help. There is a difference between helping and coercion. One is positive and constructive and the others is manipulative and destructive. Forcing something to get what 'you' want because it's what you want is not helpful, and leaves the child feeling powerless, but teaching them the power of choices and that they can choose, but have to also be responsible for those choices, is helping them grow and develop into more mature and responsible individuals. Hope this helps :) {{{{{{{HUGGIES!!!}}}}
  • 2 weeks later...

Weather it's actually abusive or not - well as pointed out, not necessarily - it depends on a lot, and there have already been enough mentioned.

Making a difference for me - N/A....Never happened, and don't think it would have mattered anyway - I HAVE to have a diaper on like it or not, that's always been the case, so....