LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wearing In Public

I'm in the same boat of thinking as Bettypooh, Diaperdragon, and FatFrank. My diapers are just like anyone else's underwear. I never go out of my way to expose or hide them, but generally keep them discrete as anyone would (should) with their underwear.

I don't often get the opportunity to wear in public as my beautiful G/F is in charge of my 'nappying'but I've spent all Sunday wearing Tena's and plastic pants.

In the morning we took the dogs for a walk in the forest and the afternoon was spent having lunch in a country pub.

There was no incidents and it was a great feeling to be wetting my nappy outside of my bedroom (the only place I normally wear)

Back to the OP I tend to wear in public off and on with out to much worry as I am generally discreet about it. This last trip I went on to Monterey, I wore about 98% of the time. There were a couple of nights I didn't wear since I had a limited supply.

I left Thursday morning wearing a Bambino Bellisimo under my baggy shorts supported by a pair of my regular undies :blush: I wore that as long as I could, but it was pretty soggy when I did change, and I was impressed with it's performance :thumbsup:

After that I switched between Abena M4's and Bambinos total dry xplus which I really REALLY like :D I wento to differnt functions while wearing, Dinner with a friend on Thursday night, the race track on Friday all day, then dinner again. I had Saturday to myself so I went to a hobby shop and looked for a junk yard around town, and drove to different places. Then Sunday I again was back in a total dry xplus all day for the car show and then dinner with a friend and his family, and another Abena for the trip home.

So wearing about in public isn't any big deal....really...REALLY! I went for the longest stretch in wearing I had ever done...4 days! and had a blast! :D

I didn't use very many as I think I was a bit dehydrated, so stayed dry most of the time, especially when at the car show on Sunday, I never even felt the slightest urge to go. Not until after dinner, when I drank about 4 glasses of water and had dinner (Chinese) did I get 'that' feeling, but had to wait until I got back to my hotel before I could 'unload' and then the diaper took a heck of a beating. Huge flood and a sloppy mess to boot. When I was finished so was the diaper! :P

But back to the OP, wearing out and about isn't any big deal unless you make it so.

OH! I also had 1 leak :blush: I decided to use a booster inside the total dry I choose and as it got soggy...well it leaked in the car, and I didn't notice it until I had gotten out to go to a Starbucks for some tea. I felt the tell tale cold, wet feeling on the back of my left leg, so I discreetly went back to my car, and went back to the hotel to change..UGH. So I'm not a biggie on boosters in general, or at least not that particular combination :P

So no tragedies or undo drama, no one asked questions and no odd looks (if there were I didn't notice) nor did I care. All in all I had a great time and didn't have to hazard using a public bathroom :P

Fun was had and no one was hurt...a successful weekend trip :D

Well, it's not like someone is going to come up to you and ask "Excuse me, but what brand of diaper are you wearing??"

Yeah.....right :glare: Like you asking some lady what Tampons she uses, that would go over like a fart in church :P

Though I completely agree with this I always have to wonder... Our bill or rights is supposed to protect again age discrimination so then why is a 17.99 year old not allowed the same freedoms as an 18.01 year old?

Actually I'm all for competency exams, just not exact age restrictions. People allready have to prove you can see over the wheel and be strong enough to control the vehicle. Why not expand that simplified test into a good enough exam that could also judge their mental capacity and awareness too. As a plus, if they can't pass then that keeps the idiots off the road who otherwise would automatically get a license at 18.

Actually I'm all for competency exams, just not exact age restrictions. People allready have to prove you can see over the wheel and be strong enough to control the vehicle. Why not expand that simplified test into a good enough exam that could also judge their mental capacity and awareness too. As a plus, if they can't pass then that keeps the idiots off the road who otherwise would automatically get a license at 18.

I think that for some things a minimum age restriction is appropriate, but generally I agree that provable competency should be the deciding factor in permitting privileges to be held :thumbsup: Doing that would solve a lot of the world's ills as well as remove the burden of dealing with the incompetent from the general public and placing that burden where it belongs- on only the person who caused it.

Wearing diapers in public has been a long suffering topic in all of the AB / DL sites I have visited over the years. I love to hear all of the different situations and methods of the diaper people go to to wear in public. Creative and all well and good if it works for you. Remember you are the only one in this Lifestyle Choice that you have to please.

I have to say that I agree with Baby Brian's comment on exact age restrictions. It seems like such an archaic system. While I'm glad the minor was swiftly banned to keep us safe, I do think we need to rethink what makes someone worthy of being an "adult."

Wearing diapers in public has been a long suffering topic in all of the AB / DL sites I have visited over the years. I love to hear all of the different situations and methods of the diaper people go to to wear in public. Creative and all well and good if it works for you. Remember you are the only one in this Lifestyle Choice that you have to please.

I'm guessing you don't live in Florida then. The test down here is so simple you basically DO automatically get one at 18. (turn the car on, put it in drive, turn the wheel, hit the breaks- you pass). My point is that age alone should never be a deciding factor in ANYTHING- EVER. Be it driving, or wearing diapers in public!!!

Yeah, I think that sometimes the DMV just passes anyone! I've heard of people who completely fail the written test and still getting a license! Don't do your job the right way because that takes more time and denying someone their driver's license or flunking them in school may cause an argument and problem!

Or end up getting someone else killed and causing more traffic problems :screwy:

One time my boyfriend and I were headed to the local mall.. I was wearing Depends max absorbent and low rise jeans. Obviously the low rise jeans sit very low eh oh leaves about 3-4 inches of the diaper sticking out above the jeans.. I was wearing a t-shirt that was def long enough to cover the part of the diaper sticking out..

When we were just a few blocks from the mall we ran out of gas in the middle of a busy street. I put on hazards and ran to the gas station as my bf waited.. It was kind of windy that day.. When I got back I started to fill up the car my bf asked me to come to the inside of the car and he said the whole diaper had been sticking up from when I ran across the street all the way to filing up the gas.. I shrugged my shoulders and said "oh well."

If I had been wearing Goodnite or Pampers I would have been a little more concerned. I told my bf that people cannot say anything about it because as far as they know I need to wear.

I have worn a diaper to the local supermarket, but that was before I joined this site. Since I go for max desceteness, I usually wear DryNites (which fit amazingly well) and I was nervous as hell. But I did what I would usually do. I grabbed what I was after (another pack of DryNites :lol:) and just went to the Self Serve checkout, paid for them and away I went. I have a naturally fast walking pace, so I was probably in and out before people even noticed I was there, but I feel as though it will get easier for me.