LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Prescription Diapers

if you are in the uk go to the GP or practice nurse and explain the situation and they will put you forward for a continence nurse who will assess your situation.The prescription is organsised there and then and they are posted out to you in a brown box but sometimes these have the writing on the box so make sure you are in as they do leave them on the doorstep/some areas you collect the nappies from the clinic/health centre yourself take a large bag if you are worried to be seen.I do not think it matters where you are if you want a prescription you need a healthcare professional to produce the prescription.Again if you are in the UK sign up to the Bladder and Bowel Foundation and they list the Local Health Authories to contact direct,but you will need to be assessed.

clinical guidelines here in the UK actually veer towards treatment of incontinence and not just a one size fits all process, so if you are referred to the continence clinic they will not just organise a supply of

• 4 weeks later...

in Norway you get free diapers, if you really need them

Need to see some doctors first of course, so they can prescribe it to you

There is no bambino or M4, the "best" diaper on the free list is Tena Slip Super, which I buy, cause everyone have it in storage, Maxi not covered so that i have to order

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

90 percent of the time the prescription quality is crap. No pun. Depending on the vendor. Some vendors allow an up charge where you pay the difference for better quality. I actually pay the up charge because it was worth it. Instead if me paying 100 bucks a month on diapers I pay 15-20. Each insurance has a max price per diaper rate.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Yeah I used to use Activity level they suck now, I go through a medical company for dispees and Tebow years ago spent 20k on diapers,doubler's, pants and onesies, I also like MOLEASE went with the Angelfluff Ultimate 3 contours for days and super heavy weight nite time diapers that are full size non contour, put three full length doubler's in and have more than enough coverage for the overnight, then again some nights I don't sleep and sometimes I sleep 14 + hours so extreme night diapering I'd say is a fail safe to ensure plenty of capacity. When you have Medicaid they frequently try to entice people into HMO or PPO do not take them, they limit your care choices tremendously, my girlfriend made that mistake and she is now limited to six prescription drugs per month PERIOD. they don't care if she has MS or heart problems or anything , 6 period full stop, don't open yourself up to that.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Medicare only pays for diapers if you are in a facility ( and since they usually use the cheapest they can find and charge about 12 bucks per you will be glad someone else is paying the tab, Medicaid does in fact offer diapers as a covered benefit getting good protection you can count on is a whole other issue Medical supply places make exclusive contracts with two companies even if they carry every other product the company offers they may not carry diapers from that company, Medicaid pays one rate for diapers the cheaper a supply place can offer them the more money goes in there pocket , that is why places will not even special order what you need. I have become a de facto expert on this in order to get decent protection covered I order mine by mail from 6 states away even though I live within 1 1/2 miles from 2 places , one which I have a long term relationship with 2 $30,000 wheelchair my bed , night table ,living room recliners and commode and shower chair is from one of them but I can't get my diapers there unless I am willing to where "wings" or "prevail" no thanks .I will Shop around till I find what I need and accept nothing less .

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what conditions generally qualify? I have mixed incontience, but I also have a lot of nocturnia issues. My sleep is always very disrupted, but less so if I wear overnight pull ups. Cloth pads with frequent changes work for me during the day, but I don't think they hold up to me at night.

3 hours ago, psyducki said:

Does anyone know what conditions generally qualify? I have mixed incontience, but I also have a lot of nocturnia issues. My sleep is always very disrupted, but less so if I wear overnight pull ups. Cloth pads with frequent changes work for me during the day, but I don't think they hold up to me at night.

For me it was my nightly bedwetting which started as I reached 50 that qualified me for free pads from the NHS. I first saw the doctor who refered me to a urologist and then I was refered to the continence nurse who after the 2nd appointment said I was eligable to a supply of pads to help me cope with my steadily increasing incontinence problem.

Will is absolutely correct even if you only had functional incontinence they would provide with a prescription! Just beware there are no covered diapers that come remotely close to ABDL diapers, there are like three states that will still pay for the Cadillac of medical diapers Tranquility ATN'S, most states the best you will get is something like a Wings or Depend so depending on your level of IC you very well could be changing diapers 9 or 10 times a day.the concept of spending a little more on a decent diaper so the patient only has to change like three times a day makes zero sense to an insurance company and this is a big problem with the physicaly disabled some of us are literally killing ourselves through an ongoing repeated diaper changing regimen , if I did not have an aide to do it when I am not up to it I would be kinda screwed.

It varies by insurer in the US- some will only pay directly for crappy diapers from specific suppliers while others will give you an allotment and let you spend it for whichever ones you want but it won't hardly begin to cover decent diapers. And some insurance plans won't cover them at all. With the advent (onset?) of Obamacare tax rules have changed as well so you may not be able to deduct your expenses for diapers as in the past, and for some of us we've lost 100% of the ability to deduct for them :(

Bettypooh

On 9/20/2016 at 4:15 PM, Amyuser said:

Will is absolutely correct even if you only had functional incontinence they would provide with a prescription! Just beware there are no covered diapers that come remotely close to ABDL diapers, there are like three states that will still pay for the Cadillac of medical diapers Tranquility ATN'S, most states the best you will get is something like a Wings or Depend so depending on your level of IC you very well could be changing diapers 9 or 10 times a day.the concept of spending a little more on a decent diaper so the patient only has to change like three times a day makes zero sense to an insurance company and this is a big problem with the physicaly disabled some of us are literally killing ourselves through an ongoing repeated diaper changing regimen , if I did not have an aide to do it when I am not up to it I would be kinda screwed.

you say there are like 3 states that will pay for quality diapers, do you know what sates? i know it has to do with ins also, i haven't tried to get a prescription yet. tying to decide if its worth it.

Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and Illinois are the states that you can still get an ATN, and even though they still at the moment cover them, the manufacturer and I had to search for about two weeks to find someone that sold them , that was willing to do the paperwork for reimbursement so many insurance carriers reply with basicly " bite me", that tens of thousands of distributors will not even waste the time of there employees to roll the dice to get a yes instead of "bite me" . Rusty Pins makes a valid point so much so that it's borderline an observation of fact rather than a horrible thought.

Yes finding a workable product out of your choices is going to be a challenge and even with a prescription you will most likely have to add some money from your budget to buy a diaper that works for periods that you work or travel and access to a place to change will be limited. I don't know if you tried them but the Attends products have been steadly getting better ever since paper pak sold the brand off to focus on there Always line and not compete with themselves in a very crowded marketplace segment, I was recently in the hospital for a stroke and wore them , my G/F has MS and no matter what better product I introduce to her she prefers the fit of Attends and continues to switch back to them time and time again.

Here in the UK it isn't the quality but the quantity that is the problem depending on where you live depends on how many pads (nappies) they allow you. I have to top my supplies up and buy from ebay when I see bargains.

On 03/06/2013 at 5:59 PM, billy1234 said:

clinical guidelines here in the UK actually veer towards treatment of incontinence and not just a one size fits all process, so if you are referred to the continence clinic they will not just organise a supply of

wow that really sucks Midwest Babygirl for not able to get supplies it was actually easy for me after my first back surgery granted i did know what the State would pay for... as i was and still am on WA state medicaid and they will cover 200 diaper/pullups diaper inserts, 3 washable underpads and 2 boxes of gloves...