LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Nighttime Bedwetting

I didn't wet the bed in childhood. In fact, my mother told me that once I was potty trained, I woke up dry. Then suddenly, about four years ago, I would wake up dry until I moved in some way--sat up, or turned over in bed. (Sometimes, all I would need to do is raise my head off the pillow). For the past six months or so, it has escalated to waking up wet between one and three times a week. However, I haven't developed bowel incontinence at night--at least, not yet.

I didn't wet the bed in childhood. In fact, my mother told me that once I was potty trained, I woke up dry. Then suddenly, about four years ago, I would wake up dry until I moved in some way--sat up, or turned over in bed. (Sometimes, all I would need to do is raise my head off the pillow). For the past six months or so, it has escalated to waking up wet between one and three times a week. However, I haven't developed bowel incontinence at night--at least, not yet.

Do you know what caused your sudden bedwetting after waking up dry? What about your more recent waking up wet? Have you tried to become a bedwetter by wearing and wetting diapers at night or by drinking lots of fluids at bedtime or by taking medications to induce deeper sleep?

Do you know what caused your sudden bedwetting after waking up dry? What about your more recent waking up wet? Have you tried to become a bedwetter by wearing and wetting diapers at night or by drinking lots of fluids at bedtime or by taking medications to induce deeper sleep?

I underwent numerous tests, and was diagnosed with over-active bladder, but they couldn't pinpoint a cause.. I don't take medications for sleep, but I'm on a muscle relaxant, Baclofen, for my spastic CP--without it, my legs are so rigid it seriously affects my freedom of movement. (Putting on/taking off my clothes, for instance). I don't drink fluids at night for the express purpose of wetting, but I do drink at night, if only out out habit.

• 1 year later...
On 11/04/2015 at 4:15 PM, gobphus said:

Did you intentionally regress to sleep wetting or was it the result of an injury or illness?

I have diabetes which has affected my bladder control. I have to be honest I have made no effort to stay dry and once my bedwetting became a regular thing I have helped it along with deliberate wetting. Now I have very little bladder control at all.

• Like 1

Steve, I'm sorry you suffer from diabetes, but an upside is certainly that it has made you a true (involuntary) bedwetter. At least that's how I feel about the effect of my enlarging prostate on my own bladder control. It's nice not only that it makes me more likely to wake up wetting, which I enjoy, but also that it gives me an excuse for wetting the bed and wearing diapers. Waking up wet used to make me feel ashamed but now it's a delightful surprise.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I started wetting the bed several months ago, most likely as a result of untraining. It's certainly an interesting experience. Prior to untraining, I don't remember ever having wet the bed, so I suppose my perspective is probably different from those who had to struggle with it.