LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Unsure Of How To Progress..

tauschung

Well someone on the other forum mentioned getting a different doctor. I would seriously consider that thought. Any good doctor will make sure that a patient is comfortable telling them any and all information - no matter how embarrasing it may be. If you as a patient do not feel that your doctor provides a sort of listening environment then that doctor - to some degree - isn't holding up their end of the deal. You deserve someone who will listen.

• Like 1

Anything dealing with your bladder, including bladder control at night, would be relevant information for your urologist, so you should tell him.

If you're not happy with his service or response, there's nothing wrong with changing doctors. If you're not initially comfortable telling him you're not happy with his service or response, you don't have to actually tell him. Just change. It's not like you're breaking up with. You're a customer considering taking your business elsewhere is all.

But consider trying out another doctor first for a "second opinion", especially if this has gone on for a long time with little progress.

Re

He has repeatedly told me he does not know what is going on, and has run multiple tests..and we have gotten exactly nowhere.

Some folks have posted in other threads that sometimes their doctors haven't been able to figure out why they've lost some/most control, so apparently it's not unheard of that the tests can be inconclusive. You may fall into that category, in which case a different doctor may not be able to figure it out any better than your current one has. But that requires seeing a different doctor for a second opinion in order to find out.

• 4 weeks later...

Deal with the problem at hand. Acceptance. So you wet the bed occasionally? Take some precautions. I would recommend you buy a cloth bed protector to go under your sheets. I don't like sleeping on the plastic ones, especially in the summer... Also, (if you haven't already). Buy some decent Diapers that don't leak. Don't do things like limiting your water intake before bed and all that... LIVE YOUR LIFE. As for your Doctor situation, healthcare where I'm from is expensive and if you're going to fork over your hard earned and provide mis information to your professional, that's a waste.