LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

When Did You Start Bedwetting And What Did Your Parents Do About It?

rusty pins

• 2 weeks later...

Was a bedwetter all the way up and through high school. Still did sleepovers and just wore diapers. The parents knew when I was on the sleep over that I had to be diapered for the bedwetting no big deal was made. The parents where understanding.

• 6 months later...

I have been a bed wetter from birth, now ahge 48, there is only a handful of nights that I have woken dry! My parents simply continued to,put me in nappies and I accepted this as normal, did sleepovers with friends, mainly one set of twins, girls,Moho were my best friends, they accepted to no problems and their mums generally just got on and helped put my nappies on me.

my mum told my now wife about my bedwetting when we were courting, she accepted this and got my mum to show her how to get my nappies on me etc.

i now wear nappies 24/7 as I am totally incontinent due to my own actions, my wife continues to stand by me but still is it's that I don't change myself, she has to change me, or her teenage daughter does.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Mywaynow said:

I have been a bed wetter from birth, now ahge 48, there is only a handful of nights that I have woken dry! My parents simply continued to,put me in nappies and I accepted this as normal, did sleepovers with friends, mainly one set of twins, girls,Moho were my best friends, they accepted to no problems and their mums generally just got on and helped put my nappies on me.

my mum told my now wife about my bedwetting when we were courting, she accepted this and got my mum to show her how to get my nappies on me etc.

i now wear nappies 24/7 as I am totally incontinent due to my own actions, my wife continues to stand by me but still is it's that I don't change myself, she has to change me, or her teenage daughter does.

Sounds legit.

If you had stopped at the first paragraph it would have been fine... But then you delved into story time :doh:

But then looking at your other posts it seems a bit of a theme.

• Like 2
On ?3?/?26?/?2016 at 4:48 PM, Mywaynow said:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I just noticed that all my text from my 2013 answer has gone away. So I will answer again:

My Mother's side of our family has a history of bladder problems on the femal line going back at least 4 generations. My maternal Granny Vi is currently 96 and mentally sharp. She remembers her maternal granny talking about bladder control problems. So, my Mom raised all of us, my two brothers, my three sisters and me to hope we would retain bladder control and to not fear or be embarrassed if we lost bladder control. The older of my brothers never needed a diaper after he was toilet trained, according to my older sister, Mom and Granny. The rest of us toilet trained at normal ages but had over-active bladders. So for trips Mom nicely asked us to wear 'just-in-case' diapers and our beds always had a waterproof sheet protecting the mattress. We all grew up wearing pinned gauze diapers. I was 17 before I first wore a disposable. The family tradition that none of us pinned our own diapers until we reverted to bedwetting around puberty, although my older sister Penny (by 5 years) and I were taught how to safely pin diapers on younger kids when we were tall enough, at age 8. From age 7 I shared a room with my youngest sister Missy (5 years younger). The family's over-size changing table was in our room. There was a stack of diapers for Mom in the master bedroom, in the bedroom both of my brothers shared, in the room Penny shared with my younger sister Ruth, and in the room I shared with Missy.

Mom says I never wet my bed after I was toilet trained at 30 months. I do not remember wearing a diaper to bed, even on trips, until a week after I reached puberty when I was 12. The first time I reverted to bedwetting I only dribbled a little and that did not wake me. When I did wake up I immediately went to finf Mom. She calmly told me to go take a shower and leave my wet clothing in the laundry room, then to put on ordinary day clothing. After I was clean and re-dressed, and Missy was awake and dressed, I stripped my bed. I changed the Dundee waterproof sheet and re-made my bed.

During that day Mom and Missy coached me as I practiced pinning on my diapers. Now I'm the smallest in my family, but then (the summer of 1976) I was still larger than Ruth, Missy and my younger brother Ed. All of us who needed 'just-in-case' diapers had our own supply of Gerber vinyl pants. I had 3 and they were only 2 months old. Anyway, by that July afternoon was over I felt totally confident pinning on my own diapers. By then I had diapered Missy several hundred times. Mom said I was ready to diaper myself for bed whenever I wanted, but that if I wanted to be diapered by Mom or Penny, that was okay.

I decided to wear a 'just-in-case' diaper starting at 4PM and wet it instead of using a toilet. I wet it again. At 7PM, after supper, I changed diapers and Gerber panties and I wet that diapers at least twice. Then at 10PM I no longer felt weird in a damp or wet diaper. I used a second soaker when I changed diapers for bed. I had not stuck myself with a diaper pin. I did use the toilet before pinning on my bed diaper. In the morning my diapers was slightly more than damp. I got up, took it off and used the toilet. The rest of that day I wore ordinary panties and used the toilet when I felt the need. The rest of that summer I nightly wore diapers to be but only wore 'just-in-case' diapers on trips and did my best to avoid wetting those, as had been the case before I reverted to wetting.

My entire family was supportive. I was never teased or embarrassed about needing diapers. During the long drives of trips I would first change Missy and then my own diaper in public ladies' rooms. I had never been embrassed about being changed in public. I felt grown-up, like Penny, changing myself in a ladies' room.

I think this is about what I shared back in 2013.

• 1 year later...

Its an odd question since most kids that are pre-teen or teen bedwetters never really stopped.  So it is not an issue of "starting" to bedwet.  In my case I don't think I had a dry night before I was maybe 11 or so, at least I can never really remember one.  During that period I never got out of night diapers and rubber pants.  My mom just kept buying bigger diapers.  By the time I started junior high I was having a few dry nights and my father was convinced that the diapers at night were part of the problem.  It just made bedwetting too "convenient".  So for most of junior high and the start of high school I just had a rubber sheet and would often wake up in a flooded bed.  It was not until the middle of high school that I made the decision to go back to diapers since I figured the curse was not going to be cured anytime soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed that my answer from March 2013 disappeared, so I will answer again.

My bladder was always tiny and over-active, so for trips my Mom nicely asked me to wear just-in-case diapers. Mom did the diapering at first, until my older sister was large enough to do so. Mom has been urinary incontinent since long before I was born.

In July 1976, when I turned 12 I reached puberty. It had been at that point when my older sister had reverted to bedwetting. Mom and my doctors warned me that chances were that I would start bedwetting. For me that happened 2 weeks after my first period. I did not know I had wet until I woke up at the usual time. I didn't panic. I found Mom and told her that I had cleaned myself, put on clean panties and stripped my bed.

Mom thanked me. She helped me replace my rubber sheet and re-make my bed. Then she began teaching me how to pin on my own diapers. I only jabbed myself a couple of times. Well before lunch I felt confident about self-diapering, yet I wore diapers with vinyl panties until it was time for a pre-bed change. Since then I have changed myself. Since I married in 1991 often my loving husband changes me for bed.

On 7/8/2013 at 3:18 PM, Craisler said:

1. How old were you when you started bedwetting?

ive never not wet the bed

2. Do you know if it was hereditary?

My sister has infrequent accidents, but I’m the only one

3. If you bedwet as a kid, how did your parents deal with it?

Diapers

4. How old were you when you remember stopping wetting the bed?

haven’t ever stopped

5. Who else knew that you wet the bed or had to wear diapers or Goodnites to bed?

My family and two really close friends

6. How did you yourself feel physically and emotionally about your bedwetting?

Still not a fan, but it could be worse

7. Did you ever go on sleep overs at friends houses, or away to camp when you were a bedwetter, and if so, did you have to wear a diaper or goodnite?

I wear a pull-up for sleep overs   

8. For those who are now adults and still bedwet, how do you feel about it now?

Don’t know if I’m an adult yet

9. As an adult bedwetter, how do you handle things now, and if you are married, how does your wife or husband feel about your bedwetting and how do both of you deal with it?

pass

10. Lastly, do you feel that, either as a kid, teen or adult, your bedwetting problem is or was the cause of you to becomming an AB or DL?

I don’t consider myself aTB or DL

1. How old were you when you started bedwetting?

ive never not wet the bed

2. Do you know if it was hereditary?

My sister has infrequent accidents, but I’m the only one

3. If you bedwet as a kid, how did your parents deal with it?

Diapers

4. How old were you when you remember stopping wetting the bed?

haven’t ever stopped

5. Who else knew that you wet the bed or had to wear diapers or Goodnites to bed?

My family and two really close friends

6. How did you yourself feel physically and emotionally about your bedwetting?

Still not a fan, but it could be worse

7. Did you ever go on sleep overs at friends houses, or away to camp when you were a bedwetter, and if so, did you have to wear a diaper or goodnite?

I wear a pull-up for sleep overs   

8. For those who are now adults and still bedwet, how do you feel about it now?

Don’t know if I’m an adult yet

9. As an adult bedwetter, how do you handle things now, and if you are married, how does your wife or husband feel about your bedwetting and how do both of you deal with it?

pass

10. Lastly, do you feel that, either as a kid, teen or adult, your bedwetting problem is or was the cause of you to becomming an AB or DL?

I don’t consider myself aTB or DL