LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

If you wet and are in rubber panties, then you need to know something. Urine contains harsh materials. the body also secretes material that, if left untreated, will harm rubber apnd plstic as well.. Thse materials eat away at the panty material. Therefore the sooner cleaned the better. Here is what we do immediately after use

It should not need saying that you start with things made of a good quality material, Generally, thicker material lasts longer

1 Rinse in tepid water

2, If you do not have access to a mild soap, wash thoroughly in a weak solution of tepid water and dish detergent. avoid any kind of added bleach as it will make the panties harden, even and especially Oxy. Also too strong a solution will leach out oils from the material that helpkeep the material flexible

3. To limit the time that the panties are in contact with the detergent, rinse immediately and thoroughly in tepid water

4. hang to dry away from direct heat and sunlight or any UV source

Ideally, you would have a hanging bar over the bathdub to use the RUBBER PANTY HANGER (link below)

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=36514

sealapproval.gif

If you wet and are in rubber panties, then you need to know something. Urine contains harsh materials. the body also secretes material that, if left untreated, will harm rubber apnd plstic as well.. Thse materials eat away at the panty material. Therefore the sooner cleaned the better. Here is what we do immediately after use

It should not need saying that you start with things made of a good quality material, Generally, thicker material lasts longer

1 Runse in tepid water

2, If you do not have access to a mild soap, wash thoroughly in a weak solution of tepid water and dish detergent. avoid any kind of added bleach as it will make them harden, exen and expecially Oxy. Also too strong a solution will leach out oils from the material that helpkeep the material flexible

3. To limit the time that the panties are in contact with the detergent, rinse immediately and thoroughly in tepid water

4. hang to dry away from direct sunlight or any UV source

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=36514

My diapers always last longer than my overpants. My wife machine washes plastic pants but lets them air dry in the bathroom. I can't see hand washing them. I remember my mom line drying my overpants but that in a big no-no now.

Let us restate that in a different way

1. "Ican't see hand washing them [overpants]"

2. "My wife machine washes plastic pants..."

3. "My diapers always last longer than my overpants

Any questions?

Polyurethane laminate waterproof pants are very durable and easy to wash. I don't put mine in a machine; I wash them with a gentle "diaper" detergent and rinse them well. They can be dried in a clothes dryer on low heat. The PUL withstands heat, but the elastic waist and leg bands don't. PUL also "breathes" better than plastic or vinyl.

If you are heavilydiapered, "breathing" is not much of an issue and full-cut panties do just fine, Besides PUL is as 50's/60's as the Space Shuttle or Atari ("tiara" spellled sideways?) and is costly or must be DIY, Besides which, it feels strange. Ditto PEVA

As someone who was born in the age of RUBBER PANTS, and who has worn them through life as the prefered barrier between pee and the socially accepted world, I have known few pairs of rubber pants that had their openings gathered on to the elastic, to

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...

As for storing them, what I do is keep thenm in a zippered kind of waterproof bag with a clothe lining. After they dry on the hanger, I spray them with either scented water, rose, or with a solution of Mistolin lilac (not a true lilac but still smells clean and girlish) and let them dry again and put them away until I am ready to put the diaper change inside and put them on the diaper shelves at the beginning of the month. They will smell clean and fresh and maybe the smell will "set" in the material

• 4 months later...

I have developed an althernative way that alos puts a smell on them

DREFT BLISSFULS are water soluble beads of Dreft scent. Dissolve some in a spray bottle of water, This will be useful for all kind sof things

1spray%20beads.jpg

Take a wetproof bag, in this case, an LL Medico King pillow case, insert and attach a cloth liner made from a king size pillow case Then repeatedly spray this liner with the solution. You will want this done in advance

4storage%20bag.jpg

Get a sponge and put some water in the sink

2sponge.jpg

Nearly immediately after wearing, open the snaps, take the sponge and let it get full of water, sprey some of the solution on the sponge and wash the panties with it, pressing firmly to cause water to leave the sponge to make the solution quite mild so it will not do any harm to the material. Do the panties completly and semll them to see if they have the Dreft scent. Then use the

• 1 year later...
On 1/15/2017 at 2:14 AM, Little Christine said:

As for storing them, what I do is keep thenm in a zippered kind of waterproof bag with a clothe lining. After they dry on the hanger, I spray them with either scented water, rose, or with a solution of Mistolin lilac (not a true lilac but still smells clean and girlish) and let them dry again and put them away until I am ready to put the diaper change inside and put them on the diaper shelves at the beginning of the month. They will smell clean and fresh and maybe the smell will "set" in the material

Now while they are hanging on thehanger, I spray them with a solution of Dreft Blissfuls dissolved in water and let dry. I also spray the cloth liner of the bag with that solution to smell up the inside and put the panties in the back to store them. Hopefully the panties will pick up the smell and it will be permanent. Blissfuls is a Dreft product and smalls baby and somewhat girlish. read this for more

I have used all kinds of plastic pants over the years. Most don't hold up very well. Several years ago I switched to Babykins 6 mil Tuffy pants with the 1" waistband. These pants last. I follow the washing instructions which say to wash in a machine and put in the dryer for 10 minutes. The elastics are still damp after 10 minutes in the dryer so I hang them overnight. I buy 6 pair of plastic pants a year. I wear 24/7. The ones that I am using now are 9 months old and are in great shape. The vinyl is still very soft. From experience I know that they will soon begin to stiffen a bit and the vinyl will become discolored a bit. I will order another six pairs in a few months and when the new ones arrive the old ones get tossed out. I don't expect my plastic pants to last forever. If I wasn't totally incontinent I would buy new underwear about every year or so too. I wear plastic pants all day every day so I don't expect them to last forever. I also order them with the smooth side of the vinyl on the inside. That makes it easy to wipe the urine off the inside of the pants during diaper changes helping to extend the life of the vinyl. When I was a little guy most plastic pants I remember were very smooth on the inside and had either a matte finish or a textured finish on the outside. The texture actually increases the surface area of the vinyl and provides a surface that urine and other nasty stuff can adhere to.

I'd avoid dish detergent and go with something milder. Synthetic rubbers and plastics are oil-based or rely on oils to give them their physical properties. Dish detergents are meant to cut and dissolve oils, and that will take way something of the fabric's qualities which we want. Better to use laundry detergent or even a lather made from regular hand soap as it isn't as strong or as harmful, yet will still handle the mild oiliness involved here.

Bettypooh

That is why I said a weak or "mild" solution and lukewarm water which will do fine if you rinse well before and after. If you only wet, you will only want enough power to remove some residual urine materials, not de-grease. I have been using it for dcades and the Comco material outlasted the elastics, some of which I have that are over 10 years old and the material is in better than fair condition

Clohtes detergents are also a good bet as they use surfactants (surface acting agents) these have a molecular structure with two "ends" one is water-repellent and the other water-attracting. The first end latches on to any dirt or oil on anything and the second latches onto a water molecule. This pulls the whoe away from the surface and takes the contaminant with it. The first of these was Dreft. Because these use attraction and repulsion, they can be milder than soap and are often low-suds  to be used in HE washers. Again it is not a case of more is always better

Stay away from ANY bleach, even Oxy, which depletes the softener

• Like 1
On 12/10/2018 at 3:38 PM, Soggy Bottom Boy said:

I have used all kinds of plastic pants over the years. Most don't hold up very well. Several years ago I switched to Babykins 6 mil Tuffy pants with the 1" waistband. These pants last. I follow the washing instructions which say to wash in a machine and put in the dryer for 10 minutes. The elastics are still damp after 10 minutes in the dryer so I hang them overnight. I buy 6 pair of plastic pants a year. I wear 24/7. The ones that I am using now are 9 months old and are in great shape. The vinyl is still very soft. From experience I know that they will soon begin to stiffen a bit and the vinyl will become discolored a bit. I will order another six pairs in a few months and when the new ones arrive the old ones get tossed out. I don't expect my plastic pants to last forever. If I wasn't totally incontinent I would buy new underwear about every year or so too. I wear plastic pants all day every day so I don't expect them to last forever. I also order them with the smooth side of the vinyl on the inside. That makes it easy to wipe the urine off the inside of the pants during diaper changes helping to extend the life of the vinyl. When I was a little guy most plastic pants I remember were very smooth on the inside and had either a matte finish or a textured finish on the outside. The texture actually increases the surface area of the vinyl and provides a surface that urine and other nasty stuff can adhere to.

I use the LL Medico Gary 7 mil panties. They are smooth on both sides and they have a wide fit range per side so I can use a waist size with a wider crotch and longer side same than a Babykins panty that would fit. I also use the Babykins rubber panty

• 3 weeks later...

Since I wear my plastic panties next to my skin it's easy just to wear them into the shower. I let them fill with water while I'm washing the rest of my body, then take them off, invert them and hold them in the shower spray for a moment to make sure the elastics are rinsed. Then I hang them upside down on a modified coat hanger to dry.

How do you keep the material from getting stiff very quickly? My "stay-dry" liners, old, Comco snap-on's, some over 15 years old and most having been used for this purpose for over 3 years and still in good condition for being so close to the body (I use baby lotion and powder and NO baby oil or anything like it), and l are made of thick material and get cleaned wien I takd the morning bath. My "rubber diaper", snap on rubber panties get cleaned as I clean myself with some of the BabyDoll bubble bath and my diapers get well-rinsed in the solution, then dried then put in the hamper for the end/beginning of the month cleaning en masse in Dreft.

After the semi-bath, the rubber panties and dipaer liner get put over the Rubber Panty Hangers on a long bar over the bathtub to dry that I made for this purpose