LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Adult Baby Diapers
tibsy

Boots Brumas Child Size Plastic Pants 1980's Uk

26 posts in this topic

Just got hold of a pair of Brumas for the first time since nearly 30 years ago!

Here's the label (more pics to follow.

post-43184-0-83722700-1359700340_thumb.j

40 inch waist??  XXL?  That's quite some baby!

Well, it' is not "baby", it is "childrens'" and I have seen plenty of fat kids that would be close to that size

40 inch waist??  XXL?  That's quite some baby!

It may mean 40" hips.  I've found if anything that plastic pants and women's briefs are measured by hip size and if they do give both waist and hips, its roughly 10" less for waist in each size.  So they are prob more like 30 - 32" waist.  I can't get them on and I'm about 35-36" waist, although I used to be able to as a teenager!

I remember buying kids XL pants in a supermarket baby isle at the time I was about 140 lbs, I  was able to get them on they fit very tight.

They lasted a few times then the seems would blow out.

I had a lot of fun with those pants, I'm much thinner now I should buy some that just fit for old time sake.

Most of the pants I have now were bought with buying big diapers in mind and have much more room they just are not as much fun as they were way back when.

Looking forward to seeing more photos of these great plastic pants I used to buy and wear when I was a teenager.I bought lots of these and the neighbour opposite who had a toddler user to have 5 or 6 pairs hanging on their line.where did you manage to find them and do you also remember the transparent kintal plastic baby pants around at the same time.

do you still have these love to see more photos

Looking forward to seeing more photos of these great plastic pants I used to buy and wear when I was a teenager.I bought lots of these and the neighbour opposite who had a toddler user to have 5 or 6 pairs hanging on their line.where did you manage to find them and do you also remember the transparent kintal plastic baby pants around at the same time.

Hi

I got them on ebay, also I do have some Kintal pants but they are more translucent white than transparent as far as I remember, they are put away somewhere!

do you still have these love to see more photos

Yes, I do still have the Brumas pants, I will have to dig them out over Christmas for some more photos.

I make my waterproof pants on the "wide" side and then bring them in with elastic. Check out my gallery to see the pants I've made.

Unfortunately I am pretty certain that UK children's clothes were sized by the height of the child in those days.

i used to buy these from my local small town Boots in the mid 70's and I was around 12 or 13 and skinny, they barely fit!

On 12/19/2013, 10:29:41, tibsy said:

Hi

I got them on ebay, also I do have some Kintal pants but they are more translucent white than transparent as far as I remember, they are put away somewhere!

Hi, apologies for this late response to this thread. I used Kintal plastic pants in the late 70's and early 80's, and I agree they were white PVC. The great thing about them was that I could still fit into the extra large size, but they were exactly the same as baby pants, but for older kids. We also had some transparent Kintal baby pants for a short time. I guess they must have changed the PVC fabric for a while, but they soon reverted to the milky white. I loved being put into the transparent panties; you could see the nappy beneath and it showed if you were wet or dry in your nappy they were so see-through! I still have some of the transparent Kintal panties somewhere- happy memories...

they looked cute but they seamed kind of cheap made in the waist

sandra child size large  age 12 /15 yrs   i used to go and purchase these at chemist...before they shut down...

then found a medical supply shop in NORTHAMPTON IN UK    went to go back there 4 wks later place had shut down... 

On 11/24/2015, 3:07:48, starman said:

sandra child size large  age 12 /15 yrs   i used to go and purchase these at chemist...before they shut down...

then found a medical supply shop in NORTHAMPTON IN UK    went to go back there 4 wks later place had shut down... 

Hi do you mean Sandra toddler size like these:

Optimized-Sandra packet front (5).jpg

I haven't heard of 'Sandra child size' or seen any described as age 12/15 yrs, that seems like fantasy stuff, did it exist?!

On 11/24/2015, 11:20:20, rick50 said:

Hi, apologies for this late response to this thread. I used Kintal plastic pants in the late 70's and early 80's, and I agree they were white PVC. The great thing about them was that I could still fit into the extra large size, but they were exactly the same as baby pants, but for older kids. We also had some transparent Kintal baby pants for a short time. I guess they must have changed the PVC fabric for a while, but they soon reverted to the milky white. I loved being put into the transparent panties; you could see the nappy beneath and it showed if you were wet or dry in your nappy they were so see-through! I still have some of the transparent Kintal panties somewhere- happy memories...

Hi Rick

can you search out the transparent Kintal pants and put some pics up for us here (and the benefit of humanity - I'm gradually trying to put all my stuff up on my flickr page - just look for tibsy)

yes they did exist ,,, the 1982 era before asda ///tesco  got big /// chemist used to have them hanging up on a stand in yellow boxes  ,,, sandra child size plastic pants ..i know they never restocked them 

Sandra made all sizes up to adult. The adult ones came in a red box.

1 person likes this

On 11/30/2015 at 9:52 PM, tibsy said:

Hi do you mean Sandra toddler size like these:

Optimized-Sandra packet front (5).jpg

I haven't heard of 'Sandra child size' or seen any described as age 12/15 yrs, that seems like fantasy stuff, did it exist?!

Hi Rick

can you search out the transparent Kintal pants and put some pics up for us here (and the benefit of humanity - I'm gradually trying to put all my stuff up on my flickr page - just look for tibsy)

Hi Tibsy, I found these old pics I took a while back, but can take some more if you tell me what you'd like to see. Apologies for delay in responding

kintalbabypants.jpg

kintalcloseup.jpg

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, rick50 said:

kintalbabypants.jpg

kintalcloseup.jpg

Forgot to say, the bottom photo is of the super-rare transparent Kintal plastic panties. I remember being put in them when younger and thinking how lovely they were.

1 person likes this

Hi Rick

Thankyou that's fabulous, I must remember to save that photo, surprised I never came across any in my teenage years when I used to go round all the chemists shops looking for 'rubbers' (plastic pants)

T

15 hours ago, tibsy said:

Hi Rick

Thankyou that's fabulous, I must remember to save that photo, surprised I never came across any in my teenage years when I used to go round all the chemists shops looking for 'rubbers' (plastic pants)

T

Hi, I found the clear baby pants in just a couple of shops, I think so I suspect Kintal must have just done a single production run using the clear rather than milky white plastic. The other nice thing about the clear waterproof pants is that they felt even softer when you put them on. The plastic smell when you opened the packet was stronger too.

1 person likes this

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2013 at 6:32 AM, tibsy said:

Just got hold of a pair of Brumas for the first time since nearly 30 years ago!

Here's the label (more pics to follow.

These were the plastic pants I used to buy to hold my disposables in place when I first starting secretly wearing because I could'nt get the tapes done up. I only ever managed to find Ex large I wish I had know they did an ex ex large would have been less of a squeeze

1 person likes this

On 12/15/2015 at 8:54 AM, rick50 said:

Hi, I found the clear baby pants in just a couple of shops, I think so I suspect Kintal must have just done a single production run using the clear rather than milky white plastic. The other nice thing about the clear waterproof pants is that they felt even softer when you put them on. The plastic smell when you opened the packet was stronger too.

I'm jealous, love to have some.  Maybe I can have a look at your collection sometime.

47 minutes ago, tibsy said:

I'm jealous, love to have some.  Maybe I can have a look at your collection sometime.

Yes, no problem

If you like see thru plastic pants there are "euroflex" that are Crystal clear urethane plastic

But Dont buy them if you are diabetic,there is something in diabetic urine that causes them to self destruct forthwith.