LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Rite Aid "tugaboos" Baby Powder And Baby Lotion

RITE-AID "TUGABOOS" BABYPOWDER and BABY LOTION

For 50 years, Johnson's Baby Powder was the definitive "baby scent". That changed in the 1970S or 80' with the advent of the throw-away diapers and their scents and the fact that Johnson's Baby powder now has a definite mineral odor in it and their bargain brand "Cottontails" has another scent entirely. Also the advent of cornstarch baby powder has confused the issue and feels strange to begin with

As for Baby lotion; the same is true. Johnson's has some kind of berry scent

Also in the mix is the fact that every pharmacy and retail outlet chain has it's own house brand with it's own scent

If you want the iconic, classic "Johnson's baby scent" it is Rite-Aid for you. What I recommend is the one sold under the "Tugaboos" name (just where that name comes from I have no idea)

NOTE: I am only reviewing the talcum baby powder. The cornstarch version is too bizarre of texture and scent. The powder and baby lotion to get are the once pictured here. You will know them by the color of the area with the white lettering on the label. The same is true of the baby lotion

post-27920-0-29938800-1359643944_thumb.j

The powder has the feel of the classic baby powder of 50 years ago RATING: 7 LATE BREAKING NEWS: June 14 2015

The lotion, however, has the consistency of school paste, which mens it stays where you put it: RATING: 10

If the classic Johnson's baby scent is imporrtant to you then at least the baby lotion works well

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

RITE-AID "TUGABOOS" BABYPOWDER and BABY LOTION

For 50 years, Johnson's Baby Powder was the definitive "baby scent". That changed in the 1970S or 80' with the advent of the throw-away diapers and their scents and the fact that Johnson's Baby powder now has a definite mineral odor in it and their bargain brand "Cottontails" has another scent entirely. Also the advent of cornstarch baby powder has confused the issue and feels strange to begin with

As for Baby lotion; the same is true. Johnson's has some kind of berry scent

Also in the mix is the fact that every pharmacy and retail outlet chain has it's own house brand with it's own scent

If you want the iconic, classic "Johnson's baby scent" it is Rite-Aid for you. What I recommend is the one sold under the "Tugaboos" name (just where that name comes from I have no idea)

NOTE: I am only reviewing the talcum baby powder. The cornstarch version is too bizarre of texture and scent. The powder and baby lotion to get are the once pictured here. You will know them by the color of the area with the white lettering on the label. The same is true of the baby lotion

attachicon.giftugaboos.jpg

The powder has the feel of the classic baby powder of 50 years ago RATING: 10

The lotion, however, has the consistency of school paste, which mens it stays where you put it: RATING: 10

If the classic Johnson's baby scent is imporrtant to you then these are the two items to get

• 4 months later...

It is unfortunate that Rite Aid chose to change their baby powder scent to something that smells more like a throw-away diaper

Here is the one to use now. It comes the closest to the origianl

Edited by Christine Daryleanne
add image and more information