LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Purges And Urges

If you are a responsible adult I don't see any reason to feel guilt for wearing diapers. This being said I would still advise against informing your relitives about this. I haven't really told any relatives, but I have had a parent, and brother find out about my wearing and using of adult diapers. Years later I am almost a stranger with my mother now. My brother is pretty cool though, and doesnt seem to avoid me. She wasn't mad about it or anything it just made things very awkward between us. All though you may be able to rationalize your own kinks looking at it from a outside perspective is a bit different.

It's typical of many of us.

Especially when you're younger.

I must of threw out my stash a half dozen times in my 20's.

Only to regret getting rid of it.

Then I decided in my 30's and got into a serious relationship to store it somewhere nobody would find it.

Now that I'm getting older and set in my ways, I have no regets being a DL.

I don't shout it from the rooftops either. That's my ex's job.

People may know, but I figure, so be it. It's also none of their business unless I want it to be.

If you get the urge to purge again, just store it somewhere where you can change your mind.

It is funny how the purge cycle has changed for me. Early on -- in my teens, I probably held on to things for days and it would be a number of months from one cycle to the next. In my 20's, I'd hold on to things for a couple of months. In my 30's, probably a year or so. Now, I have not purged in years.

I guess reasons for purging may include guilt, like you mention, but also fear of getting caught or actually getting caught.

You need to make a choice either become comfortable that the fetish is one element of your life and that it is not wrong or bad OR take some specific actions which root out the cause of the fetish and attempt to eliminate it.

I decided on the former and the decision has made my life better.

Guest diaperj71

Interesting. .. same for me... purged when I was younger and it became less and less. Maybe it just says something about the older we get the more comfortable we become in our own skin?

• Like 1

The solution is to allow yourself to do what you want to do. Anything short of that is going to peck away at your conscience till it wins :o In allowing yourself to do what you want, needs are filled and there is less mental pressure pushing you too far. I never intended to wear 24/7, but it was only after that when I finally found peace with myself over this- that was the level I needed to reach for me to be in control of my diaper feelings. Your needs will vary, but what will not vary is that until you fill them, they are going to keep screaming "MORE!" until they are satisfied, regardless of what you want :whistling:

• Like 1

I had struggled with this for years (over 30) until I went on line and discovered that I wasn't alone. When I was younger, I would wear when I could, though i had the privilege of living alone in my own place. I still thought I was qwazy :screwy: but I never purged. I would binge, especially on weekends when I didn't have anything to do, and would wear at night. But when things settled down and the interest /desire/urge passed, I would just leave everything alone and wait. Then the cycle would start over again. never tossed anything out, just had it in my closet where I knew it was waiting for me :blush:

today, now that I am *ahem* 'older' I manage this thing by wearing when I want. I have also come to accept myself for who I am and that my diaper interests are just a part of my whole, and with this came a lot of inner peace. I know that they are just underwear and my choice to wear in order to fulfill what ever 'need' they serve. This is part of the secret that I have found, just accepting this part of you as you are. There's no harm in it and, sure it's "odd' but nothing bad can come of it. The other part was just putting together a type of management program for this, in order to keep the binge/purge cycle to a low level. Also knowing whats driving it or it's origins helps, but if that info isn't available, then you have to figure something out.

As a D/L myself, I have found that much of this is driven by hormones and sex drives, and can be satisfied or managed by what ever gratification you might derive from wearing or other activities :blush:

Basically what it amounts to is self acceptance, and this helps with guilt, and management, so you wear when you want or need to keep the cycles to a low level.

Also, when you do hit a low level or 'purge' in the cycle, just put everything away where you know it is, and leave it there until you want them again. If it's in a secure place (and you don't have nosy family) you should be OK. Fear of discovery (potential embarrassment) can be managed with a smaller stash, and keeping them somewhere you know is safe.

For example, my room is rather cluttered (stuffing a 2 bedroom condo into 1 bedroom of my bros house) so I have stuff in boxes and such, so my diapers are also in boxes amongst the rest, so I hide stuff in plain sight :P and don't worry. My bro doesn't snoop so again, no biggie. I don't feel guilty or bothered, I wear when I want, and move on. When the interest wains I just leave everything where it is, knowing it's there for me, and go about doing what ever it is I'm working on or just carry on with life.

So just relax....keep a small stash safe, wear when you want (or need) and keep it to yourself. You are an adult, and what you wear for undies isn't anyones business....unless you like to share such info :P

Staying with family as an adult is a pain, and Living with my bro is driving me nuts :screwy: but at the moment I don't have an alternative to go to, which hopefully will change.

I hope this helps you get through these cycles, I know as do most of the people here, that it's not a fun part of this 'interest' but it too can be managed with a little thought :thumbsup:

Good luck with this and if you have any other thoughts or something happens feel free to post it here and ask any questions and maybe we can help :)

• Like 1
Guest diaperj71

Great responses but I'm kinda new to the forum so I hope this all works out... ? I mean I want to know if the advice here actually makes a difference. ...

First, I would like to thank everyone here for their responses, ideas, thoughts. That's why I keep coming back to this site, because it is a non-judgemental community of peers with the same interests who have had various levels of experience.

• Like 1

IMHO, you're getting the best advice from the most experienced and honest people you're going to find in this matter :) We're all real, and we're not here to deceive anyone. We've been down this road, potholes and all, and all we want for you is to help you avoid the bumps to make your journey easier should you be heading down this road too :thumbsup: When something is this strong in you, it is not a matter of whether you are going to do it or not- it is a matter of how you are going to deal with it :mellow: If you deal with it well, it won't bring extra problems. If you deal with it poorly, your life will always be fraught with the problems you have made for yourself. We wish you well!

Bettypooh

IMHO, you're getting the best advice from the most experienced and honest people you're going to find in this matter :) We're all real, and we're not here to deceive anyone. We've been down this road, potholes and all, and all we want for you is to help you avoid the bumps to make your journey easier should you be heading down this road too :thumbsup: When something is this strong in you, it is not a matter of whether you are going to do it or not- it is a matter of how you are going to deal with it :mellow: If you deal with it well, it won't bring extra problems. If you deal with it poorly, your life will always be fraught with the problems you have made for yourself. We wish you well!

Bettypooh

I concur with what Betty said :thumbsup: this is one of the reasons that I come here is to use my years of experiance with this to help others who have issues or trouble or what not. :) I've been a D/L since about the age of 5-6 and active since age 10, so thats a L*O*T of time there dealing with this :blush: there are a lot of others here with the same desire, just to use their knowledge and personal experiance to help others along with what ever things they are struggling with. I don't have the binge/ purge thing to deal with much anymore, but I can tell when I have a binge coming because I start shopping diaper sites and looking at stuff more frequently :blush: that tells me I have to do something about it or it will get worse. he 'purge' for me is just a lack of interest, I don't toss stuff out,, just put it away, as I said, knowing where it is and that it will be there when the interest returns. I have a management process I go through and monitor what this 'thing' is doing, but I also accept this as part of myself and I know that I'm not qwazy...because of being here and the knowledge that there are others around the world who are like me....and what my therapist says...:P So no harm, no.... 'fowl' so to speak. Glad you find this place a good place to come for reference and to 'vent' it is a nice place to be able to come to and hang out and find positive validation and camaraderie :D Starting over is a thing everyone has to do...so don't be hard on yourself, you're not doing anything wrong, nor does wearing diaper make you a bad person...they again, are just your underwear of choice BFD. OK?? {{{{{{HUGS!!!}}}} it's not a bad thing, but it is 'odd or different than what most people expect a young woman to wear..be that a thong or french cut silk briefs or satin bikini or some lacy things :blush: you are who you are and you like what you like....and that has nothing to do with anyone else. You have to be you and you make YOU happy, it's no one else's business or responsibility...so find that self acceptance and leave the judgmental stuff to GOD ;) It's all really OK :D

I'm just joining the choir. I'm also a DL and also tried to get past it at one time. What turned the corner for me was at one time I had the thought, "Well, I'll just burn myself out on it. I'll keep wearing diapers until I get tired of it." Of course, I never did.

• Like 1

To answer your question about Honu's comment of being 'endangered' It has nothing to do with violence, but just the fact that, in this community, ladies are rather rare. They are basically out numbered 9-1 by us guys. So hearing from a new one, and getting to interact and converse is rather rare, and a treat! :) There is some speculation that there are a L*O*T more female D/L types than we see, but they don't show up simply because of the harassment that they get from HNG's (horny net geeks) and trolls who Bug them about being changed or sex or being their mommy or just want to talk about diapers instead of getting to know them and the other things they like etc, and essentially being friendly.

So thats what Honu was talking about, not that anyone is out to get you....though someone might 'catch' you someday...be it a daddy type or another D/L or a master dom etc.....who knows...

Anyways, good to hear from you and see you posting and not being bothered by some other stuff here...:thumbsup:

Keep on keeping on :)

It is true that females tend to shy away from the forums due to harassment. I post more now than I ever have in the past mainly because I am happily married to Honu. In the past I had sooooooo many emails from guys asking me to be their mommy, change their diapers and of course there was the sex. They wanted so much but offered nothing in return. Also there were some really creepy emails that made me want to stay away from the Internet altogether. I am very happy that I did not go away or else I would not have found a truly wonderful husband and daddy. Women who are DL and not AB are very rare so daddy makes a point to make all females feel welcome. Women should be able to enjoy sites like DD without getting harassed to the point that they leave. Anyway, I hope you have an enjoyable time here, this is a great site.

I'm in my late 20s and I've never purged in my life. I do understand the want to come "out of the diaper closet" as you put it though as I'm in the same situation. My girlfriend knows and is fine with it so I've "come out" to the only person who really needs to know. It would be a lot easier if I didn't have to hide my diaper stuff from the other adults who live with me, but I really don't want my whole family knowing about this. It would make storage a lot easier and allow me to throw out used diapers without having to hide trips to the curb on garbage night. (Not to mention hiding used diapers until garbage night where no one would smell them or think to look for them.) If my parents ever found out I could point out that they have kinks to and turn the discussion on them, but I don't want to make my life more difficult if I don't need to.

To answer your question about Honu's comment of being 'endangered' It has nothing to do with violence, but just the fact that, in this community, ladies are rather rare. They are basically out numbered 9-1 by us guys. So hearing from a new one, and getting to interact and converse is rather rare, and a treat! :) There is some speculation that there are a L*O*T more female D/L types than we see, but they don't show up simply because of the harassment that they get from HNG's (horny net geeks) and trolls who Bug them about being changed or sex or being their mommy or just want to talk about diapers instead of getting to know them and the other things they like etc, and essentially being friendly.

So thats what Honu was talking about, not that anyone is out to get you....though someone might 'catch' you someday...be it a daddy type or another D/L or a master dom etc.....who knows...

Anyways, good to hear from you and see you posting and not being bothered by some other stuff here... :thumbsup:

Keep on keeping on :)

Oh I totally understand square_duck! I know women have been harassed to the point of wanting never to come back to sites like this again and I feel bad for them. I really do appreciate Honu's defense of me. It's very gallant. And yes, I think sometimes those HNG's could tone it down a bit. If a man wants a one-night stand or a "lady of the night" there are other sites for them and they don't need to be bothering the ladies who come to DD for serious community and assistance.

Well dang, dang, and dang! Darn weather is going to keep me from getting my diapers until Friday! Grrr! Stupid snow! I was really looking forward to a nice diapered night tonight...sigh. Oh well. I suppose good things are worth waiting for.

I'm a closet DL, too. When I get to beating myself up about it, I eventually manage to remind myself that I successfully kicked my cigarette habit and discovered the joy and benefits of working out. Then, I frequently treat myself to puttting on a diaper and plastic pants. ;-) It's all in how you look at it!