LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Joining The Incontinent

I've mentioned before my use of snug briefs to compensate for my poor taping skills when it comes to getting a decent fit with diapers. Although I usually pre-tape, then pull-up the diaper, I have changed diapers by pulling the pants and briefs down just part-way, removing the one diaper, positioning the fresh one, doing a lousy job of taping up the fresh one and then getting a better fit when I pull the briefs back up. A variation of this technique might work for you when you know you'll be dealing with port-a-potty situations for changing.

With your risk of leaking in the middle of changing - something I generally don't have to worry about - you might need some variation on this. And obviously this approach won't work with pull-ups.

my solution to getting rid of a used diaper: Package it well (possibly in a ziploc, definitely with a plastic grocery bag ov er it), and put it in a coat pocket or even your hand or under your coat. Toss it in when you get to the can. Done. Cognitive dissonance protects you.

I also do this at work, when I don't want to leave a stinky diaper in the trash in the bathroom -- on the way to the outside dumpster.

The diaper change I keep in the car is in two plastic shopping bags which are in a generic brown paper bag- dicsretion going in and out and it doesn't look out of place hardly anywhere B)Dispose of properly please ;) At family-style events there is often a diaper-changing area for parents and perhaps they would let you use their facilities- just a thought. Generally, the porta-johns at an event are shipped back to the shop uncleaned in batches- the equipment there might be able to handle a diaper, I don't really know. The small pump on the service truck won't like it at all :(

The diaper change I keep in the car is in two plastic shopping bags which are in a generic brown paper bag- dicsretion going in and out and it doesn't look out of place hardly anywhere B)Dispose of properly please ;) At family-style events there is often a diaper-changing area for parents and perhaps they would let you use their facilities- just a thought. Generally, the porta-johns at an event are shipped back to the shop uncleaned in batches- the equipment there might be able to handle a diaper, I don't really know. The small pump on the service truck won't like it at all :(

Thanks for the sentiments, RH! Well, the drama continues, lol, but I've found a free moment and need a break from the action :) Night wetting has returned to "normal," again (i.e., I'm wetting every night without waking up). There have been a couple of nights this week where I wake an hour or so before my alarm having to go, but am already wet from earlier in the night. When I do "have to go," I'm not putting out anywhere near what I used to, even if it (rarely) gets to the "OMG, I gotta go!" stage. I have absolutely lost some bladder capacity, and probably quite a bit. As long as I'm relaxed, I am now as leaky sitting down as I am standing. I seem to be most relaxed when I get out of the shower, and I absolutely have to put a towel or cloth diaper down on the floor now or I'll have a puddle. I still don't feel like I'm at, or probably all that close, to being unable to control. I continue to feel like I'm simply choosing not to control. Still, I'm very happy with where I am. I've been using the Silk'n SensEpil that Blake mentioned in his thread for a couple of months now. (you're only supposed to use it every other week, though I upped to once/week about 3 weeks ago). It is, indeed, working. I'm still shaving every day, but there's a lot less stubble. I've got high hopes for this thing :) I put my tax return to work and increased my safety stock of disposables. I also ordered another batch of onesies and plastic pants. I really like the onesies. Not only do they keep things from sagging, I swear they reduce leaks. They also eliminate the issue of my shirt riding up and showing off my diaper, and when I'm out in the cold, they help keep a wet diaper from becoming clammy... I never used them before going 24/7, but can't imagine not using them now. I've found a combination of catnip and nettle tea that I like. It may well be placebo, but I'm definitely leakier on days that I drink it. If ya like herbal teas, it's not bad. If ya don't, ya might want to try the supplement route, or skip it all together. I'm typically a skeptic of herbal/homeopathic treatments, so I lean towards this being placebo. I don't really care, though, since I'm getting the desired effect... :) As always: I not only welcome, but look forward to, questions/comments. Journaling is more fun for me when its conversational! MDL

I'm typically a skeptic of herbal/homeopathic treatments, so I lean towards this being placebo.

I can understand skepticism about certain claims, but the chemicals in plants can certainly affect the body, there's no question about that. Ricin is one of the most toxic substances in nature and comes from castor beans! Nightshade or hemlock will kill you as good as Draino. :P Aspirin was developed from willow bark, and most of us can attest to the physiological effects of caffiene or nicotiene. :)

I can understand skepticism about certain claims, but the chemicals in plants can certainly affect the body, there's no question about that. Ricin is one of the most toxic substances in nature and comes from castor beans! Nightshade or hemlock will kill you as good as Draino. :P Aspirin was developed from willow bark, and most of us can attest to the physiological effects of caffiene or nicotiene. :)

Sometimes things are the most unsettled right before they finally settle down permanently. You may be going through the last vestiges of a past life to unencumber the new one so that it has the best chance for success; kind of like spring cleaning where you find something you had forgotten about and then have to decide whether to keep it or toss it out for good ;) It's odd the way the human psyche works sometimes :lol:

Glad to hear it's gone well with your friends. If you should get an awkward reaction at some point, be patient with those friends - they'll likely come around sooner rather than later. (I haven't run into this with diapers but did when I came out as gay).

As for the inconsistencies? A few decades of control vs a few months of letting it flow - seems like some inconsistencies would still be quite reasonable at this point, especially after reading about the histories of others who've taken this path. It actually sounds like you're making a lot of progress.

Sometimes things are the most unsettled right before they finally settle down permanently. You may be going through the last vestiges of a past life to unencumber the new one so that it has the best chance for success; kind of like spring cleaning where you find something you had forgotten about and then have to decide whether to keep it or toss it out for good ;) It's odd the way the human psyche works sometimes :lol: