LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wants To Start Collecting Vintage Pampers,huggies And Other Disposable Baby Diapers

good luck. they are a disposable item. most got used and discarded. many were also discarded after their person was potty trained. The ones on ebay are very expensive because of their relative scarceness. I have seen 80's style pampers in a thrift store once. Still kicking myself for letting them go. I have seen 60's pampers in antique store once (I think they wanted $500). Best bet, in my opinion, garage sales and estate sales, in older established neighborhoods, where the possibility of a basement or attic being cleaned out for the first time in a long time could happen.

see i dont get why you would want to i used to buy vitnage pampers.

had the pampers phases walkers girls like this one selling for cheap

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NR-Vintage-Pampers-for-Girls-Walker-2-1992-/130818147022?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e755e82ce

had the ones with the muppet babies

Frankly only one i missed out on getting was the pull-ups pampers did in the 80s

But if you cant fit in them and your gf cant fit in them all they do is take up space and if your not going to sell them for higher later

i dont get the point

I buy vintage diapers because I collect them sealed in their packaging. They're different then coins or stamps and I enjoy owning them and photographing them in their packaging. The one thing I'm really looking for are a sealed package of Huggies "for Him" in size 5 with baby blue plastic backing from the 1980's. I wouldn't mind having other stuff but this is the one thing I've been after for years.

Babycookiemonster: I'd stick to eBay if your only going to use one of them--for what your after sample lots are your best bet. As soon as you open the package you lower the value of the diapers as a whole. Full packages are a lot rarer then lose ones and opening them kills the value of the thing your collecting. Even if you don't plan to sell you should keep the sealed stuff sealed--you'll be doing yourself a favor if you ever need to sell them. Open packages at thrift stored and estate sales are also something to keep an eye out for.

One thing I've noticed is that Huggies seem to be more difficult to find then Pampers and those are more difficult to find then Luvs. (Luvs kept plastic backing until about a decade ago making them less rare then the others.) This of course makes things very difficult for me with what I'm looking for, but it should make things easier if you like Pampers or Luvs.

Bentley Disposable Diapers... I found a crapload at a local Dollar store. They are plastic backed and come in packs of three. I bought the entire stock of 150. It was funny because the checkout guy was like shit do I have to scan all of those? I said do you know how much these sell online for?

50 packs man for 50 bucks.

• 2 weeks later...

The only vintage I'm seeking is the L/XL Goodnites from the late 90's to when they started printing graphics on them. Those were my diapers of choice for as long as they were available. I wouldn't mind seeing if I could fit in them. I have started collecting various diapers, using smaller sizes for stuffers and using the bigger briefs for actual use. However, nothing of vintage yet. LOL.

I'm kinda shooting myself in the foot for mentioning this, but the best place to find them in DFW is at the estate sales that are on the weekends.

There are a lot of older people who never threw away anything, and when they die, their children will have an estate sale in their older house, vintage diapers are somewhat uncommon, but you do see them now and again. If nothing else; you will come across some really wacky and interesting things. Lots of kitchy 60's and 70's stuff these days.

Think about why you want to collect them - my motivation is triggering a nostalgic rush, so I'm only interested in EU/GB Pampers from 1992 (the earliest I remember) to 2002, and unfortunately they're incredibly rare, and our charity shops don't sell nappies at all (I used to help out at one about 11 years ago for a school project), I learned that from the shop manager.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Honestly, eBay, thrift stores, and occasionally garage sales are going to be your only options. I collect vintage baby diapers a bit myself, so a word of advice is you are generally at the mercy of the small supply and seller's price. It won't be cheap, but there are gems out there to be found.

I am considering selling the diapers and sale adds and dpf news letters I have collected. too many to list right now I will need to start pulling them out and cataloging them. I do have some pampers, goodnites, plastic pants like gerber.