LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Having The Prostate Removed To Prevent Cancer.

I was reading about Sharon Osbourne having a preventive Mastectomy due to fear she might get breast cancer in the future and it got me thinking would it be a viable option to have a radical prostatectomy (prostate removal) to prevent future prostate cancer because maybe it runs in the family, this leaving you importent and incontinent?

• Like 1

Sharon Osbourne had breast cancer. She had a mastectomy to ensure that tissue that already had given her cancer would not do so again in the future. This is not the same as removing the prostate of a presumptively normal male. 1 in 4 men will have prostate cancer in their lives, this is a fact, whether it will cause issues or not. A doctor is not going to remove your prostate prophylactically just because you had a family history of it. That is not a viable option.

What happened to first do no harm? Part of that means not cutting off healthy body parts. :s I can understand being cautious, but seriously, let's just cut off everyone's toes to prevent ingrown nails, actually lets just amputate all limbs too, just in case.

Creepymouse, you're giving Goerge ideas...

@ all, and warpiper in particular: since this is a Goerge thread, wouldn't it be better to not feed it too much? He always posts over-radical questions that give the whole "incontinent-desires crowd" a overly bizarre and frightening touch; newbies will get scared. Though, scaring newbies away would be preferable to making them think that his ideas are something they should try.

This isn't "Pain Olympics", "One Man, One Jar" or "Jackass", Goerge. Your questions always suggest super-drastic procedures that hopefully no-one will ever think of as being viable options.

If you really want a procedure done, there are Doctors who will do it- but few are in the US. Few if any decent ones will remove a healthy prostate, disable sphincters, or otherwise affect bodily excretory functions unless it is a necessity to save the patient. Even bad doctors have some sense, common or not!

Bettypooh

Trying not to feed into this....however......prostate cancer runs in my family. My Grandfather had it and my Father currently has it. I would NEVER consider prostate removal as a viable option for prevention and I'm sure most doctors wouldn't either. It is just too invasive a proceedure to even be remotely viable.

I have to admit....as I get older I quite like having control of my bodily functions. There was a time where I wanted to wet uncontrollably during the day but thankfully those days are long past :)

Creepymouse, you're giving Goerge ideas...

@ all, and warpiper in particular: since this is a Goerge thread, wouldn't it be better to not feed it too much? He always posts over-radical questions that give the whole "incontinent-desires crowd" a overly bizarre and frightening touch; newbies will get scared. Though, scaring newbies away would be preferable to making them think that his ideas are something they should try.

This isn't "Pain Olympics", "One Man, One Jar" or "Jackass", Goerge. Your questions always suggest super-drastic procedures that hopefully no-one will ever think of as being viable options.

Hey, come on... Easy on Goerge!! Goerge is a trend setter... A trail blazer.... A visionary man before his time!!!

.... or maybe just nuts.

Hmmm....

• 3 weeks later...

Or, just once, maybe only half nuts....

I had a cousin have some type of preventive prostatectomy, at about 50 years of age, I heard about it when my dad was dying of metastatic prostate cancer, 8 years after a remission of his first round with it and on androgen deprivation therapy.

With my dad, the sign of real trouble was a return of urinary retention and/or incontinence.

Hopefully by the time it is my turn, there will be other options.

Hey, come on... Easy on Goerge!! Goerge is a trend setter... A trail blazer.... A visionary man before his time!!!

.... or maybe just nuts.

Hmmm....

Or, just once, maybe only half nuts....

No. No way.

What happened to first do no harm?

Actually creepymouse it's first do go, then if failing that do no harm. Most doctors seem to have forgotten this too (or never learned it) and are now more worried about lawsuits (do no harm), than helping a person out (first do good). I'm glad to see a doctor willing to help someone in an effort to do good even if it's outside what most people would consider acceptable medicine.

• 2 years later...

I was reading about Sharon Osbourne having a preventive Mastectomy due to fear she might get breast cancer in the future and it got me thinking would it be a viable option to have a radical prostatectomy (prostate removal) to prevent future prostate cancer because maybe it runs in the family, this leaving you importent and incontinent?

I guess what I am wondering is if your desire to have your prostate removed to prevent cancer is really a desire to prevent cancer or a desire to possibly become incontinent.

Edited by Lee B

You "might" be able to get a doctor to remove your prostrate if you really do have a family history of it- and have the genetic markers point to a likelihood of you getting it. Tell them you want it done to gain

Having suffered urinary retention, a good friend of mine was diagnosed with Prostate cancer;

• 3 weeks later...

Another well known fact in reducing your chances of prostrate cancer is castration! An easier op than prostrate removal but sadly is one that will not be carried out for those wishing to undergo such a procedure. .

Another well known fact in reducing your chances of prostrate cancer is castration! An easier op than prostrate removal but sadly is one that will not be carried out for those wishing to undergo such a procedure. .

I knew a guy who had this done a few years ago because his brother had prostate cancer. His wife thought it was a good idea. It wasn't. One thing lead to another and he died.

I did not have my prostate removed but I did remove my balls for same reason. I found lumps on both and after all the tests my doctor wanted to biopsy them. The only safe way to biopsy them is with surgery. I told the doctor while he has them out of the body to go ahead and remove them because I was nit going to put my wife and I through another cancer scare. He agreed and removed both. The good news is there was no cancer but better sale then sorry.

glad too hear all is ok! I take it your on testosterone replacement? How do you now feel in yourself, given the fact you are now a castrated? Has this changed your moods, emotions and outlook on life?

I know someone who had an elective orchiectomy. They reported after-effects very much like menopause, and later on the loss of testosterone also had it's expected permanent effects. This person had to go through an intense psychological screening to get this done because they were medically intolerant of replacement testosterone or chemical measures to achieve the same effect, and there was no physical need for the surgery at the time it was done. Theirs was a severe psychological situation where they were not willing to live as they were any longer. Of course I know many TG's who've had the procedure as part of SRS surgery, but they were already on HRT which had already mitigated most of the effect testosterone had on them so there was less of an effect with them.

Exposing the inside of the body to remove cancerous growth always carries a risk of aggravating it and of the cancer's recurrence. This is why such surgeries also remove some surrounding healthy tissue so they're not leaving any 'seed' material behind. With normal men's aging, prostate problems are almost universal but they can usually be treated without surgery and rare is the need to perform a full orchiectomy unless there is a large cancer growing there.

Of course there are ways to have this done if you can afford it and if you make the needed contacts these surgeons work through. I would recommend that you first spend considerable time using a "T-Blocker" drug so that you will know what you're going to be like afterward, and that should always be done under medical supervision because it is potentially lethal if done wrong or if problems arise during the treatment. I hate what testosterone does to me but it's something I have to live with at this point because I can't afford any other course of action. It's on the 'bucket list' should I win the lottery though B)

Bettypooh

Edited by Bettypooh
  • Like 2

Yes I am on a low dose of t replacement to see what my body and my mind needs to function. My t level before the surgery was at castrated levels anyway has my testes shut down years ago so I do not need that much to maintain my life style. I think that is why my AB side grew so much in the past 5 years to replace not having any sexual