LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Please Vote!

spark

If you are a registered voter, please vote. It is the only way Democracy works, even if you don't think your vote will count, Vote (and not just for the President).

I did absentee voting, and mailed my ballot in 2 weeks ago.

• Like 1

Amen Smarti! Sadly if people that have the right to vote, but then don't exercise that right, then they really can't complain about elected officials & things that they do & don't do, etc. because they didn't do anything to change things. I second Smarti's Motion, PLEASE VOTE! I early voted via mail in ballot drop off.

Rockies Fan.

Rather than pick between a turd sandwich, and a giant douche, I chose to sit this, and every election out. I simply don't want to be held liable for what scandalous trouble an elected official will get into, that way, when a politician is caught in a Vegas hotel room full of hookers snorting crystal meth off a switchblade, I can say, "don't look at me, I didn't vote". :P

• Like 2
Guest gnappies

I'm a Brit, and we can have multiple candidates on the election slip. So long as you can stump up £1500 (I think), you can stand as a candidate, (we don't vote in the leader). This though does nothing to improve the quality either.

I reckon you're going to get Barry O again, better the devil you know, sort of thing.

There is more to vote for than just a president. You don't have to vote for the president but can still vote for local elections and for local initiatives. Theres nothing wrong with only voting for certain things and leaving others blank.. but to not vote at all unless you are a white landowning male is a gross injustice to all those who fought for your right to vote. If you are a white landowning male, than vote to carry on a traditional.

again this is not just a presidential election, there are senate and congressional races, there are gubernatorial races, there are local initiatives in every state on the ballot.

she is just hilarious. I wasn't watching the election at all, but someone had posted on facebook about her and so i turned it on, u might be able to watch her live on abc.com.. i dunno its worth watching the election coverage just to see her! lol... after such the longest election year ever, its nice to end with her seeming drunk... i say seeming because of course there are many reasons for her mixing up words and slurring etc... but its funnier to imagine drunk.

Sad part is no matter how we vote it dont matter cause the electoral vote is what gets them in. Why vote if you vote means dick........

This is depressingly true for a lot of states. Fortunately I live in Florida. There's also always a bunch of other stuff on the ballot that your vote has more meaningful impact on.

Ahem.. Washington and Colorado states are no longer red or blue states, but simply Green states.

......for about 5 seconds, the federal government will never allow it.

As the OP, I have no problem with people who choose not to actively vote. By definition that is vote. In 2004 I couldn't vote for Bush, and decided to vote for McCain (I'm one of the few people who voted for McCain, and then voted for Barack twice), but that was a choice to abandon my vote. I've heard of people who chose not to vote because of a reason, and thus were choosing to make a choice. I respect that, because it is your right to not vote. But, not voting because you don't think it maters is crap.

Personally, I'm very proud to be an American tonight. I thank anybody in Ohio for voting, because I can only imagine the choice that those people had. In my case, in California, it didn't really matter who I voted for. I still voted my choice, but in the long run it wasn't going to change anything. In Ohio, that wasn't exactly the case. Those people went to vote today knowing their choice not only would affect them, but all 6,000,0000,000 residents of the world (everybody is affected by who is president of the United States).

For that matter, I'm proud that one of my former classmates (who I can't remember) Tammy Duckworth, who won tonight in Ohio and is now a freshman congresswoman.

You re-elected (and by a 100+ electoral college landslide), you got the first openly gay senator in Wisconsin, and Washington state was the first state to by popular vote decriminalise marijuana and more importantly had a vote on teh icky gheys that didn't involve curbstomping their rights, and passed it.

You've reached critical mass, US. Much love, Europistan xoxox

I think a female president is no longer something that would be "impossible". If someone puts up a female candidate I would think they have just as much chance at winning as anyone else. It's probably still a harder road to get to a nomination but it certainly in the realm of possibilities. An atheist though? In the US at the moment? I can't see it happening anytime soon.