US Election 2012  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you support?

• Babies for Barack
    • Rugrats for Romney
    • In Diapers and Independant
    • Other
    • I don't vote

I do not like either major party candidate. I did like Herman Cain who washed out in the primary. I do not want to have 4 more years of Obama and will probably hold my nose and vote Romney.

I do not like either major party candidate. I did like Herman Cain who washed out in the primary. I do not want to have 4 more years of Obama and will probably hold my nose and vote Romney.

Cain actually had a good idea, tax reform, though a rate of 9% is too low for the people making $50K+

I didn't care for that last nine. Already pay 10% sales tax where I live. 19 would be insane.

a national sales tax would likely nullify state sales taxes.

lilJester, not wanting to poop all over a well crafted Captain Spaulding joke, but you do bring up a topic I was just wondering about the other day...

Hey everybody, what do you think of people who do write-in's for a presidential election? The two party system is crap, and yeah, EVERY election is ultimately decided upon the lesser of two evils, but really...if enough people were to vote for Captain Spaulding or Mickey Mouse or Bart Simpson or Teddy Roosevelt, there is every possibility that the one you think of as the GREATER of two evils would win. I honestly don't see the point in doing this...if I'm going to throw my vote away, I may as well vote Libertarian.

I didn't care for that last nine. Already pay 10% sales tax where I live. 19 would be insane.

Not only that, but it is not physically possible. We pay more in income tax and other taxes, but we are still going broke. Sure, simplifying the tax code may save the government some money, but the tax cut more than makes up for that. We need a little over an extra trillion dollars a year in cuts or taxes to fix the federal budget, not a few hundred million, which is the entire IRS budget.

Guest diaperboykcmo

dlsmd.. Obama had super Majorties for the first 2 years!!

He could've passed whatever he wanted!

Same Sex Marriage, but he only says stuff about it now, to get the votes.

Dream Act, he could've passed it! Only says things about it now, to get the votes!!

Obama will tell you, what you wanna hear!!

Hey everybody, what do you think of people who do write-in's for a presidential election? The two party system is crap, and yeah, EVERY election is ultimately decided upon the lesser of two evils, but really...if enough people were to vote for Captain Spaulding or Mickey Mouse or Bart Simpson or Teddy Roosevelt, there is every possibility that the one you think of as the GREATER of two evils would win. I honestly don't see the point in doing this...if I'm going to throw my vote away, I may as well vote Libertarian.

Yeah, I'm gonna sound in that First Past the Post in a climate like the U.S. has is pretty damn terrible.

I will admit that Instant Runoff Voting / AV is not flawless (it's a little complex when you get to the vote counts, and you can get...less pleasant parties like the Nazi-wannaBNP with some backers, plus the result is often coalitions everywhere, not counting Donkey Vote because that can happen with FPTP, don't pretend it doesn't) but at least one can give their vote(s) to who they actually would rather support instead of throwing it away in some monlith.

Tough call this election as I'm not thrilled with either candidate. Neither man will do anything for the rank-and-file workers in America except widen the gap between the "haves" and the "have-nots." Obama only does half the job, and I'm afraid that Romney will cater to the wealthy and the corporations and forget about the people that work for the companies.

I do give credit to Obama for getting rid of Bin Laden and working to end the war; that was a major challenge. However, he falls short in other places. He wants every American to be forced into having health insurance but he isn't doing anything to control the cost of health care, prescription medicine, and the insurance premiums. The reason many Americans don't have health insurance is because they can't afford it. Mandating that we pay into something that is already too expensive only benefits the insurance companies and does nothing to drive the cost of health care down.

Obama's "Cash for Clunkers" program was a terrible idea. It severely hurt the used car industry as well as the junkyards that depended on older cars so that they could sell parts. And as far as gas prices, the President might not be directly responsible for the cost of gasoline, but there are many things he could do. If you look at what the big oil companies are raking in at our expense, you'll see that the government could limit corporate profits--sounds unfair, but face it, the cost of gas and diesel fuel is throwing our entire economy into a frenzy. When fuel prices rise, so does the cost of everything else.

Is Romney the answer? Probably not. I don't believe he'll do a thing to help the average American. I'm still not sure which way to vote. I don't want four more years of half-assed service, and I certainly don't want four years of "let's give our country to the rich." What we need is a couple better candidates.

And as far as gas prices, the President might not be directly responsible for the cost of gasoline, but there are many things he could do. If you look at what the big oil companies are raking in at our expense, you'll see that the government could limit corporate profits--sounds unfair, but face it, the cost of gas and diesel fuel is throwing our entire economy into a frenzy. When fuel prices rise, so does the cost of everything else.

No, the president cannot and should not do that, but let me play devil's advocate. Gas is only a small part of their profit margin, and it is not as profitable as you think. Most of their profit comes from plastics. In addition, I have read there is a $5 hidden cost per gallon that you pay in taxes, because oil for gasoline is subsidized significantly by the government. In fact, they pay no taxes. One more thing, we have tried price ceilings in the past (1970s), and what it led to was a gas shortage, which is a far worse situation than just paying more for gas. The price of gas is higher, because there is less of it, but I am not going to deny that there is price speculation occurring.

Guest diaperboykcmo

Gas Prices would go down tomorrow, if BHO announced we were going to start drilling here at home.

It happened with Bush! Cause OPEC Freaks out, the dirty little secret is, there's enough oil here. We could tell OPEC to drown in it!!

So whenever we say we'll drill here, guess what prices drop!!

Let's not forget, Obama got Bin Laden with Bush's policies! The same one's he was against.

Obama did nothing that any other President wouldn't have done!

Why did he wait so long before doing it.. He had 2 other chances of getting him.

I'm super strait but I am wondering how Paul Ryan would look in a diaper

He's a super-conservative republican.... just a matter of time before he gets caught with a prostitute babying him.... or "wide stancing" it in an airport bathroom. lol

• Like 1
Guest diaperboykcmo

Daily di, I herd that about David Vitter.. That he had a prostitute baby him, he got in that madan's book. I never herd anymore about that. Trust me if it was true, the democrats would've ran him out of town!

His wife is tall and she's hot!! I would love for her to baby me!!

Here's a little fantasy, say it's true that he did have the prostitute baby him

Since he got caught, his wife now babys him.. She makes him wear diapers 24/7. He now wears diapers under his suits when he's working. When they meet for luch, she feeds him a bottle in the back of the limo! LOL

I respectfully think the only people worth voting against are the Teapublicans that have been filibustering bills to help average Americans and veterans get back to work. Truthfully, I am a little let down by Obama, but not so much that I am willing to cast a vote for what the Republican party has become. These are not Lincoln's people. I REALLY wish Republicans could nominate somebody who I could actually see myself voting for, but it seems that the days of moderation in The Right are over until some of these people get ousted.

And yeah, everybody talks about how we got Osama Bin Laden under the current administration...for anybody who is still asking, "What else has Obama done?", check out the link at the bottom.

http://pleasecutthecrap.typepad.com/main/what-has-obama-done-since-january-20-2009.html